2 comments

Sad Drama Creative Nonfiction

           Remorseful New Start

In august 2019, the father was feeling bad in stomach and he couldn’t release out the waste daily. He ate the pills for his stomach and there was nothing happen over 3 days. Three days later, he put out the waste from stomach a little and ate the breakfast. When he took lunch at that day, he felt unwell inside so he hadn’t finished the lunch. And then, go straight to bed for resting a bit. But an hour later, he was vomiting very seriously and even vomits the blood. His daughter and granddaughter found out and they tried to find out the reason why he was vomiting seriously and there hadn’t find the clue in meals he ate and etc. Then, he felt well again so they put him to bed and his granddaughter looked after him at the side of his bed. His daughter called the relatives and her sibling for telling them about his condition because they were doctors and had connection with hospitals of which they were investing in. When his daughter called them, they said doesn’t worry and then they sent a physician to their home for checking his condition and medication. That doctor arrived two hours later after phone called. He checked his vomited results and checked heart beats and blood pressures. Then, he wrote down the list and gave to the patient’s daughter for buying these medicines. The doctor said “your father condition will be stable if he took the medicine two times a day”, he gave the medicine for tonight but he didn’t give them the important pill for stopping the blood flow from inside stomach wall. After the doctor went back, his daughter and granddaughter went to the local pharmacy shop for buying medicines. They requested the relatives and his daughter in law and other grandchild to look after him when they went to buy medicines. They came back after an hour later; the relative aunties told them they feed him a Quaker oat instead so they could give him pills now. After they give him a medicine and watched he did swallow it well or not, then he falls sleeping in front of them. His condition seemed stable so his daughter in law, grandchildren and relatives go back to their home. His daughter looks after him beside his bed for two hours. But they thought his condition was stable now. So, his granddaughter and daughter also went to bed.

                         At midnight, he started vomiting again and there had a lot of bloods in vomiting so he fainted. His daughter woke up when she heard the loud voice from his room. His granddaughter called the aunty who was the doctor. Then, they hurried call the emergency and rushed to take him to hospital. At hospital, the surgeon wasn’t there so they had to wait for him. But the hospital staffs and nurses trailed him to the surgery room immediately and his daughter in law and her father Doctor Htut came to check his condition. At that night, everyone had the busiest time and no one can sleep safely. They all worried about him but only his granddaughter who stayed and left at home could sleep. Before she went to sleep she messaged about him to her uncle and told him about the aunty and aunt’s family. Her uncle didn’t reply anything but she thought he might worry about his father. She cleaned the bed room of her grandfather’s and sweeping away the blood on the floor and made cleaning hardly. Then, at 3:00 am she felt sleep until its 6:00 am. The night was too long for her living without grandfather and mother was so scary for her to pass the night alone. Her grandmother’s sister and brother in law were staying at the ground floor. So, she felt not alone at all but worried about family shouldn’t left from her mind. She tried to prepare everything for her mother because she thought her mother can get back to home today. She was wrong her grandfather was in surgery room for 3 hours and her mother couldn’t sleep after a surgery because they couldn’t get a nurse to look after him at that time. So, they were sleeping at there and waiting for a nurse. When they got a nurse at 8:00 am, her mother came back home from hospital and told them everything she faced last night. Then, an hour later, the uncle called from aboard her mother picked up the phone and answered him and told him about everything. He asked about his father’s condition via phone call but his sister said “the condition was stable now and we were looking after him all the time, I had to go back at 10:00 am so I hadn’t time to talk much longer with you” then they hanged up the phone. Her mother was surprising on her what she done for her. Her mother said “I didn’t realize that when did you grown up like this I am so worry about you, have you finish your breakfast my dear”, she said “Yes, mom I finished already and I left a cup of noodle for you and I will prepare tea now”. Her mother hurried to pack the clothes and everything for her grandfather but there had a problem her grandfather didn’t have nice clothes to wear. In their country, the private or public hospitals didn’t give clothes, pillow and blanket so they must take their own when they went to hospital. So, her mother told the aunt about these and she said “don’t worry I had enough clothes that his son wear”. Their problem was solving that way. During the breakfast time, her mother told her about her grandfather’s condition now. He got surgery in and out of stomach now. But the doctors said that was cancer spreading out so fast. The doctors admitted that he could live for six months so they did their best for him. They requested the family members to take care of him for the last time. She was surprising when she heard those important things from doctors. Because they didn’t know his health condition worsens than they thought.

                              After her mother left, she messaged to uncle to tell him about everything. But he didn’t say anything. So, she thought he might busy at work. He was a sailor and he was going abroad for six months and stayed in home land for six months always. Now, his time to go back home was close so he tried hard to get more money including bonuses from the boss. Then, one day before he went back to home, the clash happened between his elder sister and his wife the aunty of his niece. So, he heard from his wife first, she told him “they murmuring about her badly in his side of relatives and his family didn’t give her the right and position inside the family”. Then, he hurried sent message to his niece for asking what happened lately. His niece said his wife said bad things to his father in hospital room, his father had heart failure so he might get die because of her bad words forcing him to die. Then, his niece told him about the conversation and clashes not only his elder sister but also with his aunt. She told him “the aunt was asking the unnecessary question to his elder sister in front of hospital staffs and doctors about the reason of divorce and what they planned to do on future, living without husband and no job and living at the ancestor’s home with a fatherless child was not the good condition and then she told his sister that she worried for them on coming future. And then she did saying about the bad things his wife told towards them. But he misunderstands on her and his family members and relatives by seeing those explanations. He knocked off contact with his aunt who he always might lean on financial issues. When he went back, he said his father might die soon he couldn’t afford and waste any of money for him at all. He forced his father to sell his ancestor’s house for paying the hospital bill by his own without touching his money. He was being proud of having much money and owned house, car and everything. But he didn’t want to have the family members who leaned on him with their weak financial. He was being cruel and relentless over father. He said he won’t regret to decide this. He thought he never had to vow to them as he never did before. His father was heartbroken because of his words and being much regretful over him and then he dies at New Year eve. However, he knew his father had not much time to live but saying the cruel words towards father and aunt who cared him like a son. His elder sister said you must remorseful on the future. But he said he didn’t care at all. He tried to sell the house right after his father die. But his aunt and others didn’t pay the right to him and the pandemic occurred so he couldn’t sell the house as he wished.

                       He thought he made a right choice. His family is the most important for him so the relatives or whoever didn’t related to him anymore. Then, he couldn’t get a job over a year and he hoped he can get a job on next year. Luckily, he got a chance to get back to work but he was too old to go to sea. He got the job only because of COVID 19 and they hadn’t much sailor to go shipping. When he had to prepare to go on board, he needed much money now. He went to get help from his aunt from his mother’s side. But he knew he do the things so he couldn’t turn back at all. His family members were all hunger in money and they spent money more than they earned. They used much money over the year so he sunk in the loan. At last, he decided to kneel down and grab his aunt leg for lending money to him again. This time, his aunt rejected his apology and denied to meet him. Like his elder sister said he did vow to them and begging them for helping him out of the loan and lend money to get him to work. But they didn’t try to help him again. They saw what he did remorseless over his father and what he did the last year; so they couldn’t forgive him about those at all. After all, he vowed to his friend and got loan from his friend again but he couldn’t happy anymore to trust and happy to live with his family. He felt so down because he never did vow to someone about money. Regardless, his family might spend that money again until he dies. They didn’t seem reluctant to buy things from foreign country and luxury using the money he gained from working over months and years. Anyway he had to face and start the work remorsefully. That’s why the Wiseman said “As you sow, as you reap”. 

January 05, 2021 07:15

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Estelle Westley
08:45 Jan 05, 2021

I enjoy reading your work.

Reply

Floraine Thwin
04:40 Jan 06, 2021

Thanks you. I try making better story.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.