Forbidden love

Submitted into Contest #95 in response to: Write about someone finally making their own choices.... view prompt

7 comments

Black Fantasy Romance

Dad was extremely anxious about letting me go to another city i'd never left home alone ever since I was a toddler but this time he had no choice but to let me go since I was a young adult and I was joining college to pursue my course in business management. We lived in Nairobi a six hours drive to Kisumu the place where I was going to undertake my studies. Leaving home was more difficult than I thought but still I left so as to pursue my studies. I was unable to acculimatise to the surrounding of college but with the help of my cousin Sullivan who was already a senior I found college life flawless. I am an introvert person in nature so making friends was hard for me I found myself spending more time with my cousin and we became best of friends, our friendship later on grew to a relationship and from that I descovered that I had desperately fallen in love with my cousin. Sullivan never uttered a word to me about his feelings but deep down I knew he had Eros feelings for me as well. Spending time with Sullivan were the best moments of my life, the kissing, the cuddling, the dinner dates, the sleep overs e.t.c.

I still vividly remember how I used to fantasize about him every night about . I even remember this one time that I dreamt of my cousin.

***the dream***

Sullivan and I were taking a stroll on a beach the sun was almost setting down so as to give room for the beautiful stars to lighten up the night's darkness. In the process of walking slowly admiring God's beautiful nature, Sullivan gently held me left hand, my heart started pounding so fast I knew for sure the in his heart he felt our souls connecting, then we stopped for a while looked deep into each other's eyes all I could see in my beloved eyes was endless love. We then moved closer into each other's eyes closed our eyes and tasted each other's lips. O!M!G!(oh my gosh) he lips were the sweetest thing my mouth tasted aside from Ice cream which I found so tasty and yummy. The kiss we shared sent a cold chill down my spine. He then held me back from his lips and whispered into my ears "I love you so much, even though what we have is against our societal norms just know that I will never give up on us, you are so special to me and I will love you more everyday''. Those were exact words from my lover's wonderful mouth it is in that moment that I got an assurance that Sullivan truly loved me. We then we continued kissing that kiss made us forget our common blood and all I remember next was that I was groaning and yearning for more, oh! How wonderful and beautiful my cousin and I ended up making out on a beach

***The end***


 We soon finished school had good jobs but the only thing we lacked was marriage we did not have life partners with whom we could spend the rest of our lives together with so we decided to tell our families about our toxic relationship, we faced social stigma in our society it was hard for us but still we did not give up on the love we shared. The situation reached a point where it got out of hand and people in our community were warned to associate with us because we were considered as taboo in the society. It was then that I decided to leave home and go to Uganda to start my life a fresh. Life in Uganda was not easy since I still had memories of Sulivan in mind I tried getting over him but it was very difficult for me for I had deep feelings for him. I secured a well paying job life was getting better I was getting stable financially but all in all I lacked smile happiness as days go by I felt empty deep inside for I was missing my one true love. Life went on smoothly and then you met Jonathan. Jonathan was a nice guy, loving,caring, Jovial, brilliant, educated , tall and fresh I did not even take track of time and yes, I had fallen in love again for the second time, this time not my first blood degree cousin but a mganda man. we went through the courtship session, we dated and then finally two years down the line we got married we now have to wonderful kids, Amara and Tamara.

Our wedding with Jonathan was beautiful I wore a Cinderella dress which made me look like a princess, Jonathan wore matching black and white suit my Jonathan looked handsome and to him I was the most beautiful bride in his eyes, our wedding ceremony was the most beautiful event I ever attended, from the decor to the food at the reception to the evening party everything about that day was spectacular it will forever remain rememberable in my mind. After the wedding we went to Mombasa for our honeymoon it was at our honey moon that I started seeing Jonathan's affection and love differently and it was in that very moment I promised myself not to ever think of Sulivan though my love for my first love cousin is still within me deep down I have never forgotten about Sullivan he was my first love and you know what they say that you can't always forget about your first love. Leaving Sullivan was hard for me but it was the best choice I ever made.Just as love is never one sided so is life and there is always two sides of a story my story with Jonathan has a happy ending and so is Sullivan's life he also married to a beautiful and out standing lady by the name Lenny, Lenny and Sulivan used to be high school sweethearts they now live as a husband and wife in Nairobi and they are blessed with a very handsome bouncing baby boy whom they named Kishon. They are now a happy family as well, am just happy that we both ended up making the right choices are in life, though i always ask myself one question if Sulivan and I did not have a common blood could our love life be any different?.

The end

May 26, 2021 18:31

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

7 comments

Iris Orona
18:21 Jun 01, 2021

THINGS HAPPEN FOR A REASON AND I BELIEVE THAT AS ALWAYS GOD KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Daniel Ouma
14:13 May 27, 2021

The story is full of lessons and encouraging too ..you are going far my dear. Am waiting to read what happened next

Reply

Spescozia Juma
18:49 Jun 01, 2021

More stories coming

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Tobias Ochieng
12:57 May 27, 2021

WOW .You all gotta read this story..wawawa....Kenyan writers are the best.What a story!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tobias Ochieng
12:57 May 27, 2021

WOW .You all gotta read this story..wawawa....Kenyan writers are the best.What a story!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tobias Ochieng
12:57 May 27, 2021

WOW .You all gotta read this story..wawawa....Kenyan writers are the best.What a story!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sharon Odhiambo
18:53 May 26, 2021

The story is amazing... Love the writer

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.