A new friend for Christmas (Or maybe something more)

Submitted into Contest #71 in response to: Write about two people who run rival bakeries, but fall in love during their town’s annual holiday festival.... view prompt

0 comments

Romance Holiday Christmas

Let's begin with a young girl who has just officially opened up her own bakery. There's just one problem. There's a bakery right across the street from hers that just opened up as well.


Artemis was livid with whoever opened their shop at the same time she had opened hers. She hadn't met them yet but she was planning on going over to investigate the owner.


Her dream had always been to open a bakery. She wanted to make her parents proud. She had cried with joy the night she had opened her bakery and she had even visited her parents' graves once she had closed the shop.


Her parents had died in a car crash when they were hit by a drunk driver. She was seventeen then. Now that she was twenty-one, she was more grown and could accept her parent's deaths better.


Christmas was coming up. It had always been her mother and fathers favorite holiday so she was determined to make this the best Christmas ever.


She wanted to have a big Christmas party. She planned on inviting anyone who wanted to come and all the food would be free that night. She had a month to prepare and she was worried about the restaurant next door.


After work, on a particularly slow day, Artemis decided to go meet the owner of the other bakery. She had already been in a sour mood because of the slow business so, it probably wasn't a good idea to meet the owner like that.


She stomped across the street after closing her bakery and was just in time to see the back of who she assumed was the owner of the shop, locking the doors to their shop.


From the body shape it seemed to be a man. He wasn't much taller than herself but she could see that he had a very well built body. She couldn't help but notice his fashion taste as she slowed to a walk.


He had tight, black, dress pants and a blue button up shirt on. He had a black suit coat draped over his left arm as he closed the shop with his right. She also noticed his lavender purple hair.


She finally stopped a few steps away from the man and she cleared her throat loudly. He jumped a little and she heard him exclaim in a language she didn't understand.


"Kamjagiya!" He shouted as he turned around. "Neoneun Naleul nollae kyeossda!" He said with a hand on his heart.


Artemis just looked at him in awe and confusion. She had no idea what he just said but she knew that he was the most beautiful man she had ever seen. It had never occurred to her that there would be someone in the world who could look good with a bowl cut. But this man looked like an angel with that exact hair cut!


In the amount of time she had to study his face she saw a lot of things she found cute. His cheeks were slightly chubby. He wasn't fat at all so it didn't quite make sense to her but that's exactly what she saw. Adorable, round cheeks. His lips were a light pink and they were gorgeous. His lips were so plump that she was almost sure it was botox! His slanted eyes were a dark brown. They reminded her of dark chocolate which, coincidentally, was her favorite type of chocolate.


"sillyehabnida?" The man said as he pulled his suit coat on and looked at Artemis.


"Umm ... I'm sorry. What?" The man was silent for a moment and then he slowly spoke.


"You speak .... English?" Artemis stared at him and then nodded. "I thought .... you .... Korean." He said. Artemis stared for another second before realizing that her mother was Korean.


"Umm ... my mom was Korean."


"Oh. Okay. You ... You want .... Keopi?"


"Keopi? You mean ... coffee?"


"Yes!" He said he nodded his head and smiled. His smile was adorable. At least, that's what Artemis was thinking. "What's your ... name?"


"I'm Artemis." She stretched her out to shake only to hit the man's head since he had bowed. "I'm so sorry. Um ... why did you bow?"


"Manners. Um ... Manner in Korea. You bow. Hello!"


"Oh. you bow to be polite?"


"Yes, yes!" She laughed out how cute he was and then finally remember why he was here.


"Would you like to go out for a drink instead of coffee?"


"Um ... okay." She smiled again at his cute accent before lightly smacking herself.


A few minutes later they sat down at the quiet local bar in town.


"So, what's your name?" Artemis asked.


"I am Jaemin!" He smiled. Artemis took a small sip of her beer and then nodded her head towards his drink. He picked it up and looked inside before taking a small sip. He smiled and then finished his cup.


Nine cups later, Jaemin was very excited. Artemis, on the other hand, had thrown up and had also completely forgot why she was there. Her plan of making him look bad kind of backfired.


Jaemin stopped laughing when he noticed that a man had sat next to Artemis and had put his arm around her. He stood up and grabbed her arm, pulling her out of the chair and the mans grasp.


"What's your problem man?" The man asked Jaemin as he stood up. He was much taller than Jaemin. Jaemin stayed silent and just held on to Artemis. "Why aren't you talking?" Jaemin continued to stay silent. "Can't you speak?" Jaemin picked Artemis up in his arms and then looked the man in the eyes with a piercing gaze.


"I let people talk if they like to talk. It makes it easier to find out how full of shit they are." He walked off leaving the man to wonder where he had heard it before.


Rush hour. Works every time. Jaemin thought. He walked back to his car and laid Artemis in the passenger seat before hopping in the drivers seat.


"Where you live, Ahtumis." Jaemin asked. Pronouncing her name in a way that made her lightly laugh. She groaned a little bit but didn't speak.


After a while of trying to coax her homes location out of her, Jaemin finally gave up and headed to his apartment. He carried her all the way up to the third floor and into his small home. He gently set her down and then looked her in her slightly closed eyes.


"You listen?" Artemis slightly nodded. "Okay. You take off shirt. You take off pants. You take shower then you sleep." He pointed to his bed and then looked back at her. She stared for a minute before answering.


"No. Youdoit." Her words were slurred and it was only harder for him to understand her.


"Do what?" He asked. She lifted her arms up and answered.


"You take my shirt off and pants and shower my bed." Jaemin got the gist of what she meant. He tried to convince her to do it herself but after ten minutes of trying to convince her he found himself slowly unbuttoning her shirt. He had his eyes tightly closed as he managed to get the nasty, throw-up-covered shirt off of her. He pulled her pants down with his eyes still closed and she stepped out of them but lost her balance and fell on her butt. She groaned and Jaemin opened his eyes in surprise only to cover them back up.


He tried to help her up and into the bathroom and then had her stand in the shower.


"Now take off the rest." He said. She shook her head and whined.


"No you!" He sighed, knowing he would lose this fight. With his eyes still closed, he gently reached out towards her body. He touched it and felt around for a second. It was her stomach. He gently moved his hand down and then paused once he felt her panties. He hesitated before using both hands to gently pull down her panties and have her step out of them before groping around for the table in the bathroom to set the panties down. He then carefully reached back and felt around until he felt her neck. He stepped into the shower so that he could reach her back and then slid his hand down until he felt her bra. He unhooked it and slowly pulled that off of her too. He set it down on the table and then reached into the shower carefully to turn on the water.


After ten minute of scrubbing Jaemin wrapped a towel around Artemis. (She wouldn't clean herself so he ended up using his long bath scrub brush to clean her up.) He finally opened his eyes and grabbed a second towel to help her dry her body. After that he took her to the bedroom and dressed her in a pair of his sweat pants and a T-shirt. He coaxed her into bed and then tried to leave only to be pulled back by her.


"Stay." She whispered. Her eyes were closed but her grip was strong. Jaemin sighed and then slowly pulled out of her grip. He walked around the bed and laid on the other side with his back facing her. He fell asleep soon after.


The next day, Jaemin woke up early and found arms wrapped around him. He was surprised for a moment before realizing what had happened. He gently pulled out of her grip and sat up. When he looked at her her eyes were open. They widened after a moment of silence and then Artemis screamed.


"WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY ROOM!" Jaemin grabbed her arm and pulled her forward. She nearly fell off of the bed.


"This is my room, love." He said. She stopped struggling and he let go of her. "What was last night about?"


"What do you mean?" She said as she moved back a bit and crossed her legs.


"I know your were trying to get me drunk. Why?" Artemis took notice of his now perfect English. She sighed after a moment.


"I'm the owner of the bakery across the street from yours. I was angry that you opened a shop so close to mine. I really wanted to have a special Christmas this year but you might ruin it all." Jaemin was quiet for a moment.


"How about we work together instead. Like Jackie Chan once said, "Do not let circumstances control you. You change your circumstances." Artemis thought for a moment and then smiled.


"Maybe that's not such a bad idea."


"I know." Jaemin smiled. Artemis looked down at her clothing and around the room and then looked back at him.


"You've got a lot of explaining to do, Jaemin."


"I can explain later. We have a Christmas party to plan!"


"Can I just do one thing before that?"


"What?"


"This." Artemis leaned forward and pulled Jaemin's face closer, connecting their lips. He was stunned but quickly snapped out of it and started to kiss her back. She pulled away and looked at him. "I don't think this will be so bad." Jaemin laughed at Artemis' words. "Now let's plan Christmas! I think this really will be the best Christmas ever!"

December 10, 2020 04:23

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.