0 comments

Fiction Western Happy

In May 1991, a family moves to New Orleans from Las Vegas. There are three family members in family. They are Amy the mother, Lucien the father and Laura the child. Amy had to move over here for living with her relatives and family. Amy’s mother was lived in New Orleans. Lucien had move to here with his family because he lost his job and trying to start the new career life. Then, they arrived to the town. Their family members were gathering at Amy’s mother house for greeting them. When they arrived, relatives were warmly welcoming them and help their luggage out of their car and take these into the house. Laura came into the grandma’s house and then suddenly she smelt the fresh cookie bake. She went in to dining room and she saw the big ginger bread cookies on the table. She moved a little closer to the cookie on the table then grandma arrived back and she told these are hot now. She waited for cookie cold down. On the other hand, her father and mother were busy with relatives at living room. She looked over them but they seemed like discussing the serious issues. Then, her grandma went into their discussion and asks her father about the reason he moved here. Her father told everything to his mother in law. Her mother also told they had hard time for many years. Now, they decided to move back to New Orleans and start their career life again on new place. They request to grandma for letting them stay there just a moment. They said they will leave when their business was stable. So, her grandmother asked her what their plan to start a business here. They told her about their business plan then she said she want to invest for their business start. She also told her she had a right place for them. Actually grandmother wanted to help her daughter this time and she was the kind person to do that. Her relatives were happy to hear the news from them and they do want to help their family too. Her grandmother came back to dining room and told her by patting her head. The words she said was “you guys can live here as long as you can, I just so happy to babysitting my dear granddaughter, I know you guys can make a nice business here, I trust my daughter’s cooking”. For the night, she got a place in grandmother bed and sleep with grandma for the first time in her life. Her parents had to stay at the room where her mother passed her teenager live. Her grandmother told her story which she ever told her mother when her mom was a child. Then, an hour later, she felt sleeping.

                      The first day at grandma’s residence started. Her parents get up early and went to downtown for seeing the places to start their business. Her uncles joint them with local real estate agent. Her parents came back in afternoon she plays with grandma at backyard of the house. They went back with the great news so they find the granny all around the house then her mother found her at backyard. They came back down stairs to meet her and granny together at backyard. They told “thanks mom for your help we got the nice place to open and start our business we don’t have enough money to get that place, that place was so nice and crowded place for starting the mixed Irish and Mexican food cultures together.” After that grandma smile at them and she said “I am glad you found the right place”. In evening, she saw her mother Amy in the kitchen and then she go nearer to her mother. Her mother was baking the Mexican cinnamon cookie. She looked at her mom’s paste and said “what are you just doing mommy, are you baking”, her mom said “Yes, I had to practice for our new restaurant which relate to mom and dad”. She waited her mom done and then she wanted to try these at first. But her mom was told her just waited for cooling down. So, she had to wait again. She was waiting for an hour and then she try it. And then, she told back to her mother “It’s bad the taste wasn’t right you need a butter and sugar more because cinnamon was much stronger in the cookie that taste is so bad”. Then, her mother tries these and said “we have to trash it and make it again”. When they are busy at kitchen, her grandmother came in and said “what are you busying with”. She told her grandma about it. Then, her grandmother took the bowl from her mother and said “you need to watch and learn from me this time”. Granny shows the detail recipe of how to make cookies with love to her daughter. Grandma taught her mother again. Her mom said “I am sorry mom I forgot all things you taught me when I was young, I hadn’t cook the way you always did and then I forgot but I think I am still great at it”. When her mother finished teaching, she was stopping write in notebook and then trying the cookies. She bites a little and she felt she was being the kid when she watched and eat her mother’s self-made cookies. She said “this is the flavor I forgot for a long time, this is what I want”. Grandma pats her mother’s head and said “try this again and bake it just like me”. Grandma told her “always keep focus on things you are doing now and cooking with love never be bad”.

                      The day come her parents finish preparing the bakery and café at Magazine Street near Irish channel New Orleans. They named their café as Love Bakery. They made the Mexican snowball wedding cookie and ring cookie with sprinkles for the first opening day. They gave their cookies to everyone who came into their café at their first day. The drinks will free too. There are many people came into the café at that day. They went back with smile and told the owner they will came back for buying cookies and nice foods and drinks again. The day end like this and her parents were happy for their achievement. Another day her parents waited for customers and preparing their best for getting customer’s interest. Her mom wrote today’s special at the black board standing in front of the café. Today the customers were crowded in their place and they said “they liked their cookies because it doesn’t like the other restaurant in New Orleans did”. So, her parents told them “they had the secret recipe for making the best cookies, dishes and drinks so they are different”. Customers loved these and always came in line for getting a place in a day. The other restaurants on magazine street and Irish channel were starting to look at them as an enemy. They tried everything to get that restaurant’s secret recipe and they do sent a person for buying their dishes, cookies and drinks but no one else can figure out what the secret is. Then, they sent a waiter who can help them took the recipe and secret ingredient from that restaurant. Her parent hires a person for helping them because there are too many people every day they can’t handle it well. The person was seemed like honest and workaholic at first. So, her parents love to hire that guy. But granny said watch out this guy she don’t know why, something was not right with him. Her parents ignore her words and one day that guy did stole the notes of her mother what her mother left it in the kitchen for a day. But she didn’t realize that at all. Later, the nearby restaurant makes the advertising in front of the café these are the same name like them. They passed it like a normal. Then, their customers move to nearby restaurant and left their café so they start thinking this is not normal. Then, they close the café and go over there for checking what was going on. Her mother saw her note book on the desk inside the kitchen of other’s restaurant and then she saw the guy they hired for weeks. After that they realized what was going on, they decided to fight back with their ways. They changed their recipe in other ways by mixing with their traditional cooking. At last, they finished and they told their family to help them trying these and tell them what to change. The relatives and family help her parents and the week end like this. They open their café on next week. Customers were surprised when they changed their menu in front of their café. They came back with new recipes. So, they got customer’s love again. Like their thought the other’s make the ways to catch their recipe again. They caught the thief this time at night. But that person had no way out this time and then he told about the people who hire him by paying money for stealing the secret recipes of their bakery.

                      After that day her parents decide to show off their secrets to customers and others so they invited everyone for taking a bite of their dishes, cookies and drinks for free only a day. Everyone arrived to café at noon; they served them with their specialties. Then, they start talking out their secret. But it wasn’t everyone expected. The thing they told them was cooking with love. The reason they can’t fail on others was they had their creative ideas and always bake with love so if someone stole their receipt they can’t follow the steps completely like they did. The customers and everyone who came to their place was surprising on what they told now. Now, everyone can happily eat the churros with strawberry salad and also mixed casserole in both Mexican and Irish style with love. Then, they praise them with all their hearts. The truth cooking tips was love. They can't find this simple secret ingredient for complete it and that's why they can not win. No one can steal this forever.

December 10, 2020 14:36

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.