0 comments

General

One day I found myself looking into the mirror trying to figure out where I wanted to be in this life. The answers would never come because I would always get interrupted by something. Today it was my best friend who wanted me to come quickly to her house because something had happened to her little brother. She was so histerical and frantic I couldn’t tell her that I didn’t want to come over. So like the good friend that I am I rushed over to check on my best friend and her problem. Well once I arrived I saw my best friend standing in the living room starring at her brother who was glowing. Yes, I said my best friend’s brother was glowing and he was chanting some words. He kept saying: “No weapons formed against me shall prosper” and it seemed as though he had some type of powers. I sat my best friend down and asked her to please explain how this happened so we could try to fix it. She said she woke up to get dressed for work and heard her mother screaming really loud. When she came to see what was wrong there her brother was standing in the living room chanting that phrase over and over again. Now I don’t believe in the supernatural, but I do trust and believe in God. I was not sure what was happening to my friends brother. So I asked him to sit down with me so that we could talk. I wanted to see if he would stop glowing and allow me to help find out the problem. He was able to sit down but you might not believe this, he could not stop glowing. I told my best friend that we need to take him to a specialist to seek professional help in this matter.

 But before we could get out of the door a group of men busted through the door yelling for my best friend’s brother. We asked him if he knew these men and he frantically said no as if he was very afraid of them. They picked him up and he screamed, but as they tried to take him with them a big boom went off and those men were thrown back threw the front door and on to the stoop of my best friend’s neighbor’s house. Luckily he was not home at the time but his front door and window were damaged. We all looked at my best friend’s brother Josh and asked him how did he do that. He said he didn’t know he just felt a jolt all over his body and the next thing you know, “Boom”. So apparently Josh has super powers that he does not know how to control yet. The irony is that Josh is always getting picked on at school because he is a bit of a nerd. He loves math, science, biology, and chemistry. He enjoys learning about the Universe and how the Earth was created, he reads a lot and barely has any friends. After today I feel like all of that is about to change because now we call Josh, the “Boom”. He might have other powers that he has not tapped into yet, but the fact that he has powers is exciting and scary. My best friend Shanice was so astounded at her brothers powers and amazed. She wanted to show him off at her job because she works as a publicist for a well known scientist in the area. Her scientist friend desperately wanted to meet her brother because he believes he can answer some questions about his new found powers. So they agreed to meet tomorrow to investigate Josh’s powers further and to try and understand why he has them. Well josh wanted to take his powers out for a spin so he went to a place called the alley which was this big park with lots of space and people. He found a quite spot to test some of his powers out as we watched. He could fly, he could fight, he could turn invisible, and that was just a few that we experienced. A guy saw us and came over making fun of Josh saying he is a punk, so weak, and that he couldn’t fight a fly.

 Josh wanted to show off his powers so he turned invisible right before the guy and punched him in his face, Josh didn’t turn back until he heard the man running away frightened and yelling. We left the alley and went to grab something to eat. It appeared that Josh was able to control the glow, now he only glows when he is confronted with danger or trouble. After we ate we went back to Shanice and Josh’s because they had to meet with the scientist early the next morning. I left to go home and a man kept following me, he starred and jumped in front of me. He said if your friend keeps performing his magic tricks he is going to die and he disappeared. I ran to my house as fast as I could and slammed the door. I called Shanice and told her what happened so we met with the scientist that same night. Well told him everything and he said that around 500b.c. there was a man that walked the Earth who was created by God to protect people. He was given so many powers to where if he wasn’t careful in how he used them he would die. The scientist, James McAnthony said that the man did eventually die because he started to use his powers for bad. When he died God buried his powers deep inside the Earth so that no one could use them for bad anymore. He asked josh did he eat anything, visit a strange place, or talked to anyone strange. Josh said that his best friend Mark gave him a black box and told him to hide it because after his father passed away he passed it on to him. You guessed it Mark's father was the man God created and gave all of those powers. Mark was afraid of the box and didn’t want anything to do with it so he told me to destroy it. The night I was glowing I opened that box and a spirit flew out of it onto me. I felt like there was another person inside of me and controlling my actions. The scientist suggested that he go get the box so that we could try to put that spirit back inside. Josh rushed back home to grab the box and when he got it those guys were back that he threw out of his front door. They tried to kidnap him again because they wanted the box to do evil things.

 Josh fought those guys off again and ran back to the scientist to let him know what happened. He said everyone wants the box because it’s ancient artifact beloved to be blessed by God with all of the powers in the world. The scientist had a scripture that after it has been read Josh would have to lay over the box so that the spirit could be returned. The scripture that the scientist read was as follows: 

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord , and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord .

Isaiah 54:17 KJV

Josh began to glow and he opened his mouth and there was this terrifying scream, we could see the spirit leaving Josh’s body and going back into the box. We quickly closed that black box and gave it to James who said he will take it back to the place where it was buried. Josh said please tell me those guys will not bother me anymore because they were getting annoying. James said they will never bother you anymore because all they wanted from you was the box. Everyone saw Josh as a hero now because he was truly filled with powers that could not be explained. After that Josh began to glow again the very next , but he was being filled with the spirit of God and being blessed with powers that could be used for the good of man. 



 



November 14, 2019 04:26

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.