8 comments

General

it's a quite and a calm Sunday morning . nothing out of the blue just a lazy Sunday . nobody's in a hurry to reach to places everyone are either sleeping or lazily sitting in comfortable chair reading the latest news while sipping hot and homely fresh coffee. i was no different and doing just the same . after waking up at a reasonable hour ,i make fresh warm coffee and settle down for a breakfast of toast and eggs all the while brooding over an interesting novel. after few minutes i clean the dishes grab my phone and the book and head upstairs . when i'm mulling over the decision of going to bed or reading the book .my phone chimes , i a little shocked of someone messaging me at this early hour because all my friends are not larks and more of owls. i grab my phone and take a look and the most weirdest thing happened , it wasn't a text or a voicemail it was a reminder and knowing me i never in my life have used reminders, and what a weird one it was . It said to meet someone at 1467 Paddington street at 9:51 AM , okay first off i never make plans on Sunday because Sunday is my day where i get to do whatever i want to do and secondly 1467 Paddington street was a barren land with very few houses . the only special thing about that place is ....... well is nothing .it was 9:30 and i decide that it was just a prank by some anonymous good for nothing person, but just as i was settling over the fact i got a text not another reminder but a text. and as i slowly read what it said was, " come or you'll regret not coming ". well this was someone who knew me well because i am a curious person , very curious person and i don't like regret but who could it be ? is it my birthday today ..my friends planning something and everyone knows that i easily fall into traps . so well the worst that can happen is i'll probably be kidnapped and the best that can happen is that i'll lure into the land of fairies and pixies or the land where the red riding hood rules and my imagination wins so i change into a warm hoodie and baggy jeans tie up my sneakers i grabbed my beanie, phone, a bottle of water and some breath mints and shove it all inside a small backpack i also packed pepper spray you know just in case . i call in an uber and before i knew it i was in 1467 Paddington street i dial my phone to 911 i take the pepper spray and put it in my pocket . just then i see that i had another text that was send at 9:42 , telling me to come to the ground which was very far away from the few houses found in the street but i do as the text told me and i reached the place . i was told to come at 9:51 and it was almost 10:45 . perfect .this was just like me .i have arrived really really late it's my flaw , i always arrive late. disappointed at what i had missed i turn to return back to my boring lazy Sunday , filled with no action packed adventure . just as i was giving my self the crap show, i hear a noise a very small noise. i grab tightly to the pepper spray and i was ready to dial 911 i very very slowly turn back . and there i see it , it was neither a kidnapper nor some pixie or fairy. it was me , it looked exactly like me , it wore the same clothes as me . i was so shocked the pepper spray fell down with a loud thud , it hit the ground and rolled off towards a corner. i was seeing me i came one step closer and it came one step closer too and i came another step closer and so did it. i came closer and she did too. we kept coming closer until we were at a very near pace. i felt as if i was looking t my reflection. i raised my hand and so did she i touched her hand as our hands entwined a million other me's started coming out of nowhere. i tried to pull my hand back but the other me kept pulling me and as she kept pulling more and more and more of me started emerging . the other me gave me a crooked smile and began pulling me harder but something kept pulling me back other than my own force and as i looked back i saw everyone i know behind . almost like a hundred of people flooding through and pulling me back but they were no stronger than the million other me's . i felt like a rope in the game of tug-of war , i started hearing noises from both the sides . more me's were emerging but so were the other people from my side , people i know and also people i don't so i finally give up and let free and the moment i did that people started bolting upwards like they were death eaters in the book of harry potter they left and it took for what felt like an eternity for all of them to disappear until it was only three people left me,the other me and someone who looked a lot like the little me. i was gobsmacked i was completely unaware of what was happening but then suddenly the scenery changed we disappeared from 1467 Paddington street and came to the balcony of my house .all my neighbors were unaware of me like i was invisible. they didn't look my way or bothered to say hello as they usually did i looked around and my hand were free but the other me and the younger me were by my side . they both softly took one of my hands and when they did i was i the air with them and suddenly a devilish smile appeared int heir faces and they left my hand and i fell down , i wanted to scream but i couldn't and suddenly i jolt wake with fear still inside my chest . it was a dream , oh my god it was a dream .....

still shaking with fear and deep in thought about my weird dream i get out of my bed just then my phone buzzed and it was a reminder as i took it you won't believe what was written or reminded it said to meet someone at 1467 Paddington street at 9:51 AM ...

THE END..

June 22, 2020 19:08

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

8 comments

Mehak Aneja
05:36 Jun 29, 2020

Brilliant!! Literally loved your story. Very nicely written. Would you mind reading my story and giving it a like and sharing your opinions on it?? :D

Reply

Liya Mariyam
06:57 Jun 29, 2020

thank you so much. i will surely do it .

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Batool Hussain
18:27 Jun 26, 2020

I love the story, Liya🌸

Reply

Liya Mariyam
13:15 Jun 27, 2020

thank you so much

Reply

Batool Hussain
13:38 Jun 27, 2020

You're welcome!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Jubilee Forbess
17:39 Jun 26, 2020

Padddddddington! I love it!

Reply

Liya Mariyam
13:20 Jun 27, 2020

me tooooo

Reply

Show 0 replies
Liya Mariyam
13:20 Jun 27, 2020

me tooooo

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.