5 comments

Fiction Inspirational Romance

“Wake up from sleep Grace, it is true. Summer is here. Where do you think we should have the summer from?”

She was a bit hesitant because this has never happened. He continued asking, “Please, my dear speak to me,” Lenny pleaded.

“Do you mean what you are saying or you are just trying to pull my legs?

She showed him little stubbornness and immediately, he came closer and kissed her face with a smile saying, “Darling, I am going to make it up for you just relax, I am coming.”

She thought it was his usual hoax to inveigle her. Surprisingly, he brought a rose flower and a golden necklace, offered it to her and said, “Just from my heart; I will always be by your side. All these years, I hadn’t been a good husband but I have realised that our love for each other can go the extra mile if only I can understand how to love and kiss you more tenderly.”

She accepted his offer and the whole evening was oozes of thoughts of where to go since places of interest are not yet publicly open for accessibility. She chooses to be home with him. When he heard this, he said, “I beg that my refusal should not hurt you rather, I want you to choose elsewhere out of our home.”

"All right, let us go for a few days summer break at the Lake House and come back home. I don’t think it’s prudent to spend long days out there considering the present situation, she replied.” 

Tuesday morning, they left for the journey. Grace packed a lot of biscuits and some cheese for bread.

“If you know how I feel my love, you wouldn’t choose to be silent while enjoying this game.” She laughed and continued, “Is it doggy or missionary…?”

Lenny, in turn, said, “These days I think it’s all about quarantine edition. The amalgamation of all the romantic styles wouldn’t be bad; just love me as you’ve never before.”

Grace was filled with new experiences that she couldn’t hold it anymore and busted into expressions of inexpressible touch of romantic orgasm.

 “I smell love at brim for this one week of our away match. You haven’t changed at all my dear husband.”

In persistence she asked, “sweetheart, do you remember those days, when I felt like embracing you forever and your reply always was; I am tired, I have morning buses to catch up; there are many things to do than this. I must say, I am surprised at all this happening before me like a tale of love magic. What have you just done to me?”

“What have I done? Lenny exclaimed in happiness. Be serious for once. You always complained I don’t give you time; now you have it all to yourself. What will you complain of again? I am here to make you happy; the best summer ever where all things beat as one.”

She continued again in her wonders, Uum! “I didn’t know that such a day will come again where I’m just looking at you and I’m satisfied. What a world of love? Come over my love it’s all yours tonight.”

For 4 years of marriage, she has lived like a widow. Coming home late in the night tired was the daily excuses Lenny could give to her. She complained until she lacked words of expression. Most time, Grace pretended to be at ease with it but she was suffocating inside herself. The Bunsen burner was just what he was to her because she lost the touch.

“Would you believe that I was almost been thrown away out of my husband's house because the family think I was an unfertile soil only to realise that he wasn't doing his job? Sometimes, I felt going out for another man could solve the problem though he wasn’t aware of the hurt he was causing me because I remained the good wife package.”

Little did she know that a day will come when her ‘very busy husband’ will sleep from morning to evening without going away out of the home? The summer has granted her heart desires; the long-awaited moment to feel the pleasure of a married woman.

“It’s quite interesting over here. It is all about chilling, melodies of love litanies of how good looking I am, even choose the best outfit that he wants to see me on. Surely, I am in heaven once again. Oh, summer! I wish you never end but I can't be so insensitive to the global challenges but it is a blessing in disguise for me. My summer love, quarantine edition has been at the apogee that I will live to remember it. This summer, I have not been so much occupied with anything except taking care of myself and my husband in my pregnancy. Every evening along the lake, he whispers words of hope into my ears that I have soon forgotten how I planned to divorce him. What an opportunity? How blessed I’m.”

The husband continued to embarrass her with gifts each day as they wake up from the bed. There are no routinely activities again.

"Life has no meaning without each other," he said. "Sharing my love with you cannot be enough and will never be enough because I will live and die in you. What about you, honey?"

“Darling, if the world could give me chance to vomit you from my mouth, all I could say is, there is no man in the world who can replace you and I will love you till death. However, I have a confession to make still in public.”

Out of curiosity, the husband asked, “What could that be my dear? Do you think it’s wise to share it to the public first before me? I think I should have the 1st edition before any other ear. What do you have to say?”

Finally, she expressed her joy out saying, “My love! My stainless! My world! Been around me this summer where we have shared the better part of our lives living in each other has made me change the version I had about you. At first, I thought love was about showing the world that you have a husband who parades you around for others to see while deep down in their hearts it's full of the pretentious act. Now, I know it is better to be patient because what is mine will always be mine and you have proved it just in this summer under quarantine. I planned to cheat on you because you were so busy but it all dawned on me that self-control and patience is the only peace and home builder. It is us alone here and we are still happy and at peace but before I could admire the world of others enjoying their lives in any style they want from any part of the continent in the name of love. Though they are good, this self-discovery has made this year's edition the best. Thank you for showing me the light despite the lockdown.”

In reply he said, “Without you by my side, I feel hell would have swallowed my pride. Just be with me tonight and forever. Just a thought about the memories that we are sharing I am already experiencing the ecstasy of having you all to myself perpetually. Although, just a kiss of love, we will synchronise the magical symbiosis of heaven within our heart. Come to my enchantment, and we shall call it a night.”


“You are welcome my dear, come let us go to bed.”

Grace and Lenny zoomed off in another gear of romance as never before. Who knows if sleep crossed their eyes as they went to bed? What matters now is that they went to bed enjoying their summer love-quarantine edition. 


August 07, 2020 16:20

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

5 comments

Deborah Angevin
10:55 Aug 08, 2020

This is a sweet and wonderfully written tale, Ophoke! Great job!

Reply

OPHOKE LEONARD
13:41 Aug 08, 2020

Thanks my dear. Your feedback matters to me.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Graham Kinross
05:07 Dec 11, 2022

This is really cute, upbeat stuff. It made me smile. Well done.

Reply

OPHOKE LEONARD
18:18 Dec 11, 2022

Thank you so much Graham for taking your time to read and sharing how it is. I am humbled

Reply

Graham Kinross
21:08 Dec 11, 2022

You’re welcome.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.