Childhood? Sure I recall my childhood. And others.. We are all dead here afterall.

Submitted into Contest #102 in response to: Frame your story as an adult recalling the events of their childhood.... view prompt

1 comment

American Coming of Age Contemporary

To Kill a Mocking Bird? I know one of the ladies that was on the set. She is a wonderful lady.

She just lost her home to a fire in Oregon. And most recently graduated with a master of fine arts. Her recollection of the set was of her sitting down and having a famous person hitting on her.

And from there? Well, you will have to listen to her stories. https://www.minds.com/newsfeed/1256018077038784512 Those are her personal stories.

Mine? I grew up elsewhere. How far elsewhere? Sagittarius to be precious. Few people read my tales on Wondering Mind through the Multiverse. Why? They don’t like the final conclusion. Which is?

Purgatory or hell is real and that you. If I am real and traveling backwards in time. Have been dead a very long time.

However, this tale is supposed to be about childhood. Did I have a wonderful, loving childhood? I can tell you that hell is real, so not previously so.

Can I tell you a moral story? Like always be good and eat our vegetables? Simply yes. Eat healthy food, not process food. That is so.

What can I tell you about my future or past childhood which is your future? I can simply tell you that my future is dead and died a very long time ago.

How did it die? Which time? Seldom do people want to know. https://www.minds.com/newsfeed/1260342902750838784

What about now? Oh, I see the Montauk boys. I knew one of them once upon a time. And?

I survived sort of. Childhood, like I said, was hell. I did not say this was a happily ever after type of fairy tale.

Yes, childhood. What do I remember? The feeling of revenge. That much I can tell you. I did not know. You see my bible and yours are to totally different endings. Mine? Ended with Paul who was Saul having God or Adonia pruning the tree of life.

And how, pray tell, did he do that? Alternative realities? I remember December 2017 plus or minus eons or billions of years, depending on which journal you would read. Hawaii was nuked. And the response back was so terrible.

War is terrible. It does you no good. It is sort of like believing in a political party crying peace after peace. Only to look at history and see Civil War by that party who cried peace. World War I the campaign was totally Wilson will keep us out of the war. Only why did he get involved in World War I? Meaning? Look exactly why? Some ammunition ship sunk? If a passenger ship carried ammo, it was a war target. A letter to Mexico that never reached Mexico? Who wrote it? And why? In yet, that party cries of Peace. Really meant war. And death.

When I look at the major wars, I see Franklin Roosevelt policy change for Japan. And with that Japan decision to declare war on the US. Again I am out of the war. But hey, I will help the one side versus the other for. Money?

Then Truman got the US in Vietnam, and Korea. Both wars that were ideologically reason for being there, right? I mean. We are still at war with North Korea and it costs something like 8 to 10 trillion dollars and. Well, again why do we have troops there?

And Vietnam what a waste of money. Maybe if as a child I would have looked at the cost of war.

To kill a person in Vietnam 59 thousand dollars when you divide the number dead by the supposed mount spent. And you wonder. That is a lot of money. When you look into, why did we continue the war and Gulf of Tonkin incident you realize that media and government of that peace party lied yet again.

So I get to the latest war. War on Terrorist. Seemed justified. 6.5 trillion dollars spend to date in 2019 killed 500,000 terrorist. Seems like a cost benefit analysis. What the government paid 8 million dollars to kill one terrorist? Even as a child I could understand I could hire a Craigslist killer for 5 grand.

Maybe war as a child is a racket? And the party of peace is a liar. Seems like a lesson being spoken here, but I don’t know. I as a child grew up elsewhere like I said.

The reality is my childhood sucked. If I look at those that were my friends suicide, felon for beating up a person so bad they shit from a bag now, a permanent AA member, a lost soul, and a killer. Seems like I had it rough. However, I know differently. I am after all a spacetime traveler and you? You have been dead for billion of years if I am telling you this tale and was on Sagittarius once upon a time. Welcome to my ghost story.

However, with that lets look at my childhood. Was I safe? Hardly. Was I scared? Not to the extent you would expect. Meaning? I lived on the reservation. One Pink person versus Sioux, North Cheyenne nation.

So you are not white? I am me. I am who I was and I hope to be outside of this game.

Game? Childhood game of when I grow up I will be better than what I see. And am I?

I am a poet, a pirate, and sometimes part time time traveller. So? I think I grew up in a wonderful wonderland fairy tale. Even if I was told to be scared every night and day.

For what? Don't you know? I haunted and hunted with what you call your boogie man here. He really is not that bad.

Meaning? Death is near. Death is just one step away.

What?

Childhood decisions. War was propaganda. Why did we lose Vietnam? The Hippies? Or the corporations finding a way to sell death continuously?

After looking at what has become of the hippies in their corporate offices and decision making process I think I comprehend. It was a government decision to be continuously at war. Not because of ideological differences. But because they can make money at it. That is my childhood take away from a very long and complex story told by a child. OR a ghost..

July 09, 2021 22:50

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Clinton Siegle
22:52 Jul 09, 2021

The prospect of walking among the dead has grown on me. At first I just thought I was insane. I mean how many people do you know watch mountains move daily along with a tree. https://www.minds.com/Talon123/blog/to-watch-the-walking-tree-and-the-moving-mountain-is-wild-th-1020330370164928512?fbclid=IwAR3bKGSy4IELGbPM-JOtGT1obfcAUjTQ3nrhdTYOMQdXq4SoT-iSITwDfiw So I started to journal and write what I saw when I saw it. The problematic part of when is I went from days to how old earth was. I pretty sure when I started out the internet said 6....

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.