The Diary of a missing Boarding school girl.

Submitted into Contest #64 in response to: Write about someone who’s been sent to boarding school.... view prompt

2 comments

Fiction

30th of may 2020



     Dear Diary, 



         My life is over as we know it, completely and utterly destroyed. All because my parents claim I am to wild for them to handle. The solution, sending me to some God awful all girls boarding school. I told my mom that I would just have to adapt to my surroundings and become a lesbian, that obviously backfired horribly. I am currently on a plane headed to England where I will serving a two year sentence at St. Mary’s Catholic boarding school for girls. I am pretty sure this constitutes as child abuse, my parents should be locked up for this appallingly heinous act. 

 That is all for now, after sixteen gruelling hours I am finally there, I will let you know when I am all settled into my prison cell. 






5th of April 2020


 Dear Diary, 

    Sorry It’s been a few days since I last wrote to you, I am so tired I can hardly keep my eyes open. The sisters have us up at 6:00 am every morning for a one hour mass before are school day starts. I don’t know what’s worse getting up that early or the uniforms that we are forced to wear, I am now ecstatically happy that there are no boys in this school. The lime green skirt comes all the way down to my ankles and don’t get me started an the white long sleeved ruffled shirt that even a pirate wouldn’t wear. A complete disgrace to fashion, if my friends could see me now they would laugh at my unfashionable ass. Not to mention my picture would be plastered all over social media. And the icing on top of the lime green cake is the chastity rings that we are required to wear, no amount of praying will bring that back. Of course when asked, I lied through my teeth and told the sisters I was a pure as fresh fallen snow. The truth, well lets just say that it would make the devil blush. 

 My room mate Isabella is absolutely insufferable, I can’t believe she actually begged her parents to send her here. Well you know what they say one persons heaven is other persons purgatory. There are others that are prisoners just like me, we the condemned ones had our phones and clothes confiscated until such a time where can prove that we are willing to abide by the rules. Since I almost got thrown out the very first day for trying to escape I don’t see me getting my clothes back anytime soon. 

 Next week will be my first internet call with my parents and my head master or warden, and yes I have called her this to her face. I need to keep on the straight and narrow until then, maybe my parents will realize the error of their ways and bring me home. 

  Well its 7:30pm which means lights out, Tomorrow is Saturday which means a two hour mass, study hall and then yard work. If you haven’t heard from me I will have perished due to physical exhaustion. 



15th of April 2020


Dear Diary, 

  There are some very strange things going on around here, girls have gone missing without at trace and all contact to our parents have been suspended until further notice. When I asked sister Agatha about the missing students I was told that I was mistaken and to let it go, when I refused I was confined in a holding cell in the basement for ten days. The room was very cold and dark, it contained a desk with reading lamp so that I could continue my study’ and a very small uncomfortable mattress with a very small itchy blanket. I was aloud out only to shower and use the washroom. I felt like i was slowly losing my mind, being alone that many days without nothing but your thoughts and fears is enough to drive anyone crazy. When i was finally around to go back to my room I noticed that most of my things where out of place as if they where looking for something. I was so relieved to find that my diary was still safety hidden under my mattress. If there where ever to find it I don’t know what would happen to me. My room mate Isabelle was acting very strange as well, she was not her annoying chipper self and when I asked what was wrong she refused to talk about it. Even though I knew that I could end up in that dreadful place for another ten days or possibly longer, I had to get the bottom of this. This was something that I could not do on my own, but who could I trust enough to let them in on my plan? All of these girls seemed frightened of something, even the ones that where aloud have their phones and person computers at the beginning of the year where now having them confiscated. We were completely cut off from the outside world ,I hadn’t received one letter from my parents which concerned me. What was even more concerning was the fact that my parents weren’t breaking down the door wondering my they haven’t see or heard from me. I must go now ,I hear footsteps coming down the hall. I will keep you hidden safely away until I can talk to you again, right now you are my only friend. 




20th of April 2020


 Dear Diary, 

  I have started to unravel the mystery of this strange place, a few nights ago I broke into the head masters office and made a disturbing discovery. There in my file were dozen of letters from my parents stating that they were absolutely elated that I was enjoying my time at the school, that they missed me but knew in their hearts that this was the best decision for everyone. As I read on my heart sunk, these people could do anything they wanted to me and my parents wouldn’t know because they were receiving letters from me once a week. And it was not just me I found letters from parents of over a half a dozen girls, the contents of the letter where all the same. What terrified me was every single girl that the sisters had sent a number of letters home had mysteriously disappeared . Of course I was caught, I may be many things but stealthy isn’t one of them. But instead of being moved back into the dungeon the sisters made me collect all my things and moved me to a room that wasn’t much bigger then a broom closet. I was told that this was to be my home for the remainder of my stay here. Before they took me to this room I was taken into another one and given different clothes to wear. These clothes were for trouble makers, the plane black shirt and shirt was a symbol of being an outcast. The girls where not permitted to talk to me or even look at me and if they broke these rules they too would suffer the same horrible consequence . I was a ghost, I knew that I was going to die here and they would have made it look like I had never existed. 



24th of April 2020


Dear Dairy,

 I fear that these are the last words I may every write , If they are I want to apologize to all of those I have wronged. My loving parents who may never get to read these words. I am so sorry for all the pain that I had put you through. I should have been a better daughter, one that you would be proud of instead of constantly worrying about. I understand now that what you did was out of love not spite and that it must have broken your heart to have to send me away. Knowing full well that it was impossible for me to come home on weekends or holidays. But most of all I am sorry for being me, even though you never said it to my face I have over heard you may times tell people that you weren’t sure what you did to deserve such a daughter. Being the only child I demanded some much from both of you, always taking from you but never giving back.


 To my friends I am so sorry that I made everything about me, my problems where always much bigger then yours when in actuality they really weren’t. If I had another chance to have a do over I would give you the time and attention that you deserved. I have had a lot of time to reflect on myself, I know now what a horrible person that I was if I wanted something I would take it, whither it was a boy that you where seeing on personal items that didn’t belong to me. 


  And finally to the young me, I am sorry that I never let you rise to your true potential. You will never grow up or have a family. I know now that because of my actions the sisters will never let me out of here alive. Why was I so naive to think that I could get away with what I had done. When so many girls had disappeared for committing small offences again I am speculating of course, I was unable to figure out how the nuns were choosing who lived and who didn’t. I am sorry that I was so stubborn, I wish that I could have used this as an opportunity to better myself. Hopefully in my next life I will do things right, no I promise in my next life I will do things right. 

 I hear them talking in the hall about what they are going to do with and what is to be said to my parents. I know that I should pray to God that they show me mercy but I am not going to. Why asked to be saved when I have not shown that I am worthy to being saved? I have done so may horrible things to so many people in my short life and will take the punishment that is being handed down to me. And pray that someone will someday find this, the dairy of a missing Boarder school girl.



October 21, 2020 19:06

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

A.J. Brown
00:03 Oct 29, 2020

Sad story but very good work. Once in a while I'll read a short story on here that I wish had the room to be longer and expanded on and this is one of them!

Reply

Amber Brownlee
00:50 Oct 29, 2020

Thank you so much, I am glad you enjoyed it. I loved writing it because it forced me to write outside of my normal genre.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.