2 comments

General

I can’t believe I really just published a real poetry book. I have to admit that this is the best feeling in the world. All of my heart and soul were put into that book and now, people get to see what happens deep inside my mind through funny phrases and words that mostly rhyme. Some people might think that my book, Golden Socks is not related to real life at all, and I wrote it in a way that it doesn't have to relate to anything to a person, but to me they all mean something important. Every author that publishes a book should have meaning to what they write or else the story is boring and sometimes hard to follow. I also made a blog so that people can post comments on how they feel the book is and if there are any changes or suggestions on what I should write about in the future. All of my hard work was put into this and I really hope that people enjoy it.

 It’s been three days since Gold Socks was published, so people should be getting in comments soon. I decide to check my blog to see if people have read it yet or even looked at the blog. There are three comments in so far:

From cfuser42: Is this your first book that you’ve written? It has great potential! I hope you write another book in the future. I enjoyed reading the first few!

Was that good? Does that mean that they liked it or not. I think that I’m going to ignore cfuser42 for now because he or she's not making any sense to me. I try to tell myself to forget it and to move on to the next comment.

From babyblue9: There were some really cool poems in there, not all were my fav but some neat ones. 

That was nice. At least they were honest. The thing that's getting to me is that they're not using the word great at all. I thought that the book was great and all of my friends said that it was too but I don’t know how well the outside world is taking to this. I let my eyes drift to the last comment even though I am dreading to read it because I am pretty sure that it will be something against my heart felt book, Gold Socks

From lover69: I hated reading this book. Anyone looking at this wondering if they should read it DON'T because it's a waste of time. The title is completely weird and that's just the start. Gold Socks is full of odd words and things that do not make any sense at all. I would give this book one star. 

I’m shocked. Someone could really hate it that much? I thought that everyone liked it. I mean I know it’s not the best book in the world, but people don’t have to break it to me like that! All of my time and hard work just thrown out and batted down like lover69 did. I decided to shut my computer and go to bed. Maybe I am just dreaming of this horrible nightmare. None of this can be real, can it? Deep inside I know that this is all real. No one likes my book, so why keep writing. Tomorrow, I am going to look for different jobs because if everything keeps falling apart like this, I’m gonna be bankrupt really soon.

 I lay down and close my eyes for what seems like hours. I just can’t fall asleep. It’s not fair that people can do this to me because all I did for them was give them something to read that I thought was good. They can’t blame me for this. Plus, if this was really that bad of a book, how would it get through all of that editing and publishing? The answer is that it couldn't. I’m going to answer lover69 and tell them that it doesn't matter if they like the book and that I am grateful for their opinion. I think that that is a nice way to put it.  

I walk over to my desk and grab my computer. I sit back down on my bed and open it. There are fifty three new comments! All of these can’t be mean, can they? I go to the fourth one and have to reread it to be sure that I am not making it up. 

From themockingjay: This book is AMAZING! Thank you so much for writing it! lover69, I don’t know who you are or what you think you're doing but you are completely wrong. This book is great for the whole family and me and my kiddos love it. As a family we had many laughs and the silence in the room at times was scary. This book deserves five stars without a doubt! Please leave a comment if you feel the same way.

The rest of the comments were praises! Whoever themockingjay is just saved my writing career from ending! People really do like my writing and they want me to continue!

From slithernalltheway: I don’t say this very often but this book is amazing and definitely one that I will reread. themockingjay, I totally agree about giving this book five stars, well done! Is the author by any chance working on another book to wow us like this last one did?

This is a comment that I think that I could answer, but how to phrase it is the question.

From theauthorofgoldsocks: Thank you all for these very kind comments. I am very glad to hear that you all are enjoying this book! I was waiting to see if this one would be a hit before I started another book so if you guys want me to, I can start another one. 

Almost immediately four or five comments came up pleading for another book. I closed my computer and sat it on my desk. Then I crawled into bed and I know that I fell asleep with a huge grin on my face. 

June 14, 2020 03:10

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Ella Kinnett
21:18 Jul 07, 2020

Great advice, I will definitely keep that in mind. Thank you so much!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Carl North
16:50 Jul 07, 2020

Good story! Having others validate your efforts is a real thing, and it can be terrifying when someone doesn't hold your work in high regard. I like how you captured that emotion. One suggestion to help with your writing: Work on the little details. For example, you aren't consistent with the title of the book in your story. Little details like that can make the difference between an okay story and a good story. Keep up the good work!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.