0 comments

Teens & Young Adult LGBTQ+ Happy

 I sighed as I looked around the store thinking of all that I needed to get for my gingerbread cookies. Eggs, milk, and butter I thought to myself what am I missing I tapped my chin deep in thought oh I know I ran to the gingerbread mix right as I was about to grab the mix I felt a hand cover my own. I looked over an saw that it was only Josh I hated Josh let me tell you a little bit about myself. I’m Adam Hill I’m eighteen years old and I’m a baker I own the Hills bakery. I’ve been working there since I was old enough to stand. Just like my parents I had this burning passion to be a baker my parents said that they would give me the bakery when I was eighteen. I had always been counting down the days when I would turn eighteen and take over the bakery. I had dreams when I was younger about being a famous baker of being cover in flour with a bright smile on my face. When I finally took over the bakery I was so happy my parents still come over to the bakery and help me every once and a while along with my sister when she is home that is. My sister is twenty years old she moved to Paris when she was eighteen unlike me and my parents she had a passion for clothes. She currently owned a small but good business in Paris were still really close though I love her so much and she loves me just as much. A few weeks after I took over the bakery I discovered that a new bakery was being put in right across from me. That baker was called boulangerie its the french word for bakery I was so mad when I heard of it I was even more mad when I met the person who owned that bakery. His name was Josh Dean a twenty year old who’s ego was as big as the earth this was the first year when we would be competing against each other and I was ready to destroy him.

“Josh” I said in a cold tone looking up at him Josh was 6’1 while I was only 5’7 so he towered over me I hated how short I was compared to him he always made fun of me. For being small he’d call me names like shorty and fun-size I hated it whenever he made fun of me for my size.

“Hey shorty” He said I glared at him hoping that I looked threatening all Josh did was laugh at me.

“What do you want Josh” I said trying to grab the gingerbread out of josh’s hand I didn’t get t though he moved his hand up high to the point where I couldn’t reach.

“Just here to get y supplies for the bake off which I will win by the way” He said I scoffed at his cockiness.

“I’m going to be the one to win” I said as I tilted my head up glaring at Josh again.

“Sure you are shorty” He said before handing me the gingerbread giving a small wink and walking away from me. For some reason I felt my cheeks heat up from that small wink Josh gave me I cursed him instantly. I walked away and checked out my purchases and walking out of the store. It had been a few weeks since I saw Josh and today was the day of the contest I was so ready to beat Josh to prove him wrong. I didn’t know hwy I was so determined to win and prove Josh was wrong but I just was. I stood there in a in with twenty other bakeries hopping to win hopping to be the lucky winner. I stood there chewing on my bottom lip waiting for the judges to make there decision on who’s gingerbread was better.

“The winner is” Th Judge paused for dramatic effect I rolled my eyes wanting the judge to just get on with it 

“ Josh” I heard the judge finally say I felt my heart sink and tears start to pool in my eyes I ran before I broke down any worse I sat down and balled for a good five minutes. 

“Hey are you okay” I heard Josh say He sat down behind me and pulled me close to me I shook my head as to say no i’m not okay he hugged me tighter. Before moving me onto his lap and dong something that shocked me he kissed me so gently and calming like I was a piece of glass. I gasped Josh’s lips were so rough against my own lips which were soft to the touch. 

“Josh” I said timidly looking up at him with tears in my eyes an swollen lips.

“Yes Adam” He said back to me I could hear the confidence in his tone and it made me even more nervous than I was before.

“Why did you kiss me” I said he looked at me before sighing and running his hand through his thick black hair. 

“Adam I have never hated you you might hate me but I do not hate you I never had. Since the first day that I met you I knew you were special you are so kind. So strong yet gentle at the same time and so so beautiful.” Josh said as he took me in his arms and hugged me tight to his chest again. I realized  then that there is a fine line between love and hate and I realized that I didn’t hate Josh I had loved him always had and always will I thought to myself.

“I don’t hate you Josh I thought that I did but I don’t there is a fine line between love and hate and I couldn’t see that it wasn’t hate that I felt toward you it was love.” I said He looked at me before smiling at me I smiled to his smile was so perfect. 

“May I kiss you again Adam” I heard Josh say 

“Yes. yes you may” He leaned down and pulled me into a kiss filled with love as I began to move my lips with his I realized that this was always what I wanted I knew that I would have always ended up with Josh. Josh was the man that I had always wanted Always yearned to have in my life I had always wanted a marriage just like my parents. They were happy and I wanted that to to be happy with someone someone to hold me love me and be mine always and forever. I knew that Josh was the one who would give me everything that I needed.

December 06, 2020 05:01

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.