Sirius Kuragari: Creators, Insane and Peaceful

Written in response to: Write a story about a couple with fundamentally different beliefs.... view prompt

1 comment

Fantasy Fiction

Chapter 1: Owner of the Empty Book


Thomas looked through the prompts found on Reedsy, a great site for authors, and anyone related to book creation or publishing. But he wasn't really in the writing mood, so he closed his laptop, and thought of stuff to do, when Alastor walked in.


"Hey. I get the feeling that something's going to go wrong. That someone's here that really shouldn't be." He warned, rubbing his arms nervously. It was blue suit Alastor. Of course.


"Do you know who it is? I could always kill them before they get to me. Do you have their name and face?" Thomas asked, reaching for his notebook, and a pen. Alastor sighed. "Sir, it's-" Alastor was cut off by the sound of knocking on his door. Thomas raised an eyebrow, and snapped his fingers. The door lock opened with a click, and the man walked in.


"Hello," The man said, walking into the living room. There was nobody there, so he kept going. He saw the silhouette of someone in the next room, so he opened the door. "Hello, I'm Sirius Kuragari. I believe you created me. You are Thomas Spencer, right?" Sirius asked. Thomas' eyes were opened wide, in surprise. He gasped, and fell out of his chair.


"You...Exist? Not possible. Only Damien should be here." He exclaimed, getting back into his chair. He smiled. "Hey, you do look like me. Nice." Sirius lifted his hand. He was wearing a black leather glove. "Raika made it. It takes a lot of energy, but I can travel between universes. So that's why I'm here. But you are Thomas correct?" Thomas nodded to his question. He chuckled.


"You know, you coming here is good actually. You can answer some questions. Do you remember this?" He asked, raising up his book. "Yes, I remember the book, but my memories of it are fuzzy. Like someone tried to erase my memories of it and failed. But how do you have it? It was destroyed with Katherine." He said in disbelief. Thomas scoffed.


"Hmm. Interesting. I have to edit some of the rules to apply to your realm. But first off, I wrote your story, I know what happened. Second of all, if Katherine survived, what makes you think that the books didn't survive? But do you know what this is capable of?" He asked. Sirius shook his head.


"All Katherine told me is that it has the key to omnipotence and immortality. I haven't been able to read it. I thought it was destroyed this whole time." Sirius said calmly. Thomas smiled.


"Well, she isn't necessarily wrong. But the reason it's able to do that is because whenever it goes to your realm, some of the book's rules don't or cannot apply to your world. So it functions differently than it's supposed to. But that will change soon, I have to revise the rules."He said nonchalantly, as if he were discussing the weather.


"What rules? It doesn't say anything." Said Sirius, confused. Thomas drummed his fingers on the notebook when a realization hit him. "Oh right, you'll be able to read it normally, since the books here." He said, handing him the book. Sirius flipped through it.


"This is just a Death Note. The rules are the same as in the original story. But how can this work here, if there isn't magic?" He asked. There were so many things that didn't make sense. "And how did you create my world?"


Thomas sighed. "I was struck by lightning. I have telekinetic powers, I can control and even summon some of the elements. But whatever fiction I write, becomes real. I first found this out years ago. But then I made your realm. It's that easy." Sirius nodded, taking it all in. 'Why would he own this unless he planned something bad with this? I don't think he's right in the head.'


Thomas chuckled. "You're right. I'm probably not right in the head. And I do intend to become the God of this new world. I will rule... everything." Thomas said, taking the notebook back. Sirius drew his wand.


"I cannot let that happen. You wrote me into existence, right? Then you know I'm trying to destroy the Empire and their tyranny. I will kill you if I must." He warned. Thomas laughed maniacally.


"What makes you think you can? You know how the Death Note works. What if I've written your name already, and planned this out to see if my other creations really existed? Or better yet, What if I've written down my own name, so you wouldn't be able to kill me if you tried. Besides, if you are going to try to kill me, it means you're under the influence of another Note, but it would interfere with my life already written, nullifying the other person's influence on you. You've lost already." He said, getting out of the chair, and sitting on the edge of his desk.


'This man is good. It seems he planned everything out. But you're bluffing aren't you?' He asked. Thomas chuckled once more.


"Why do you think that?" Thomas asked. Sirius rolled his eyes. "You said you could've written down your own name, but if you want to rule the world, you wouldn't just kill yourself. You'd want to stay for as long as possible. But why would you kill your own creation, since the only possibility is that you wrote my name down? You told me that you wanted to see if I even existed, it doesn't add up." He stated.


He looked around the room. He saw pictures of him and some woman, but she was scratched out in all of them. Thomas laughed. "You're smarter than I thought. But like you said, I'm probably not right in the head, so what doesn't make sense to you might make perfect sense to me. I also could've written that I will live until I'm 124, when the Book's effects stop working." He stated calmly.


He nodded. "Who is the woman?" Sirius asked. Thomas' eyes went cold. "Her name was Alix, why? Does it even matter what her name was?" He asked curtly. Sirius frowned. "What happened to her? Why's her face scratched out of the pictures?" He questioned.


Thomas' eyes went even darker and colder. "I killed her. Arrow through the heart. Tried to save her, tried to undo what I did, but nothing can undo what is written in the Book." He said, flipping through the pages. "And I didn't want to see her always looking at me, so I scratched her out." He said, his emotions almost palpable.


"Is this before or after I was created?" Asked Sirius. "After. What does it matter, and why the fuck do you want to know?" He asked rather aggressively.


"I just want to know. But I want you to know I feel your pain. I know what you went through." When Sirius said that, Thomas hung his head, and started shaking. Sirius thought he was crying, but he lifted his head and laughed maniacally once more. "Oh really! Do you think connecting to me will get me to change my mind about taking over the world? Nice try, I wrote that tactic into you myself."

He said, breathing heavily through his laughs.


When he finally caught his breath, he smiled. "Well, it was nice meeting you. How much energy does that need to leave?" Thomas asked. Before Sirius could answer, Alastor, who Sirius didn't even notice was behind him, piped up. "It would take the energy of 30 lightning bolts to charge it. I presume that can warp time-space, correct?" Asked blue suit Alastor. He nodded.


Thomas thought for a moment. "Alastor, go to his realm with the Book, and write, 'It will start raining outside the building Sirius Kuragari is in, and he will walk out, and get struck by 60 lightning bolts simultaneously. It will be absorbed by his glove, and he will be transported to wherever he wants." Ordered Thomas.


Alastor's suit turned black. "And why should I help you? Why not just transport him yourself?" He asked. Thomas rolled his eyes. "Because it will be exciting. If it were to be written here, he would die. But it works differently there. It's a very fun experiment. If you can kill people inter-dimensionally, I could not only conquer this world, but the multiverse! Cmon, Alastor! You're all about entertainment, right? There's nothing more entertaining than something that has you engaged." Said Thomas convincingly.


Alastor thought, and nodded. "Fine. But only this once. You owe me one." He said, and Thomas nodded, tossing him the Book. Sirius interjected. "Wait! I don't mind this, but why use 60 bolts when only 30 are needed?" He asked. Thomas smiled. "So you can come back if you need to. You're welcome." He said.


Alastor caught the Book and teleported. After a few seconds, it started raining. Sirius went outside, and Thomas followed from a distance. Sirius stood in the rain, his glove at the ready, and waited. "Thanks for the answers, Thomas." He said, waving goodbye. Thomas smiled. "No problem. We should get burgers sometime!" Yelled Thomas Through the rain.


Sirius was struck by the 60 bolts and was teleported. He knew where he wanted to go.


Chapter 2: Next Owner


Sirius appeared in the living room of a house. The person in the chair. "What?! How..." The person looked at his hand. "Oh, ok. I understand now. Hey Sirius. How are you? Want some burgers?" He asked, pulling a bag out of nowhere. Sirius nodded, and accepted the food. Before he sat down, he touched the Book, which was sitting on the desk beside Thomas. "Alastor, leave the room, please." He said, turning around. Alastor was shocked, and looked at Thomas, who nodded. Alastor left the room, teleporting away.


"So, you came...why? Oh wait, that's what she said.!" He said, making them both laugh. But this time, it didn't hurt. He didn't know why, but he didn't mind. Sirius looked around the room. There was only one picture left of him with Alix. "What happened to Alix? I talked to another you, and she died from an arrow through the heart. Shot by him. Is it different for you?" Asked Sirius.


Thomas took a sip from soda, which wasn't there before. "No. I killed her. I was foolish and paid the price for it. I had just created the Note and wrote her name for fun. I remember the 640 rule, the one that says that a death can be prevented if the user draws two straight lines through the part they want to get rid of within 6 minutes and 40 seconds. I was 3 seconds too late. I said that she would take a walk through a moonlit park nearby, and would get shot. I don't own any guns, but I owned a bow and arrow, with a rope attached.


"So I went to the place where it would happen, and went on a roof. I saw her, saw the man with a gun, and tried to shoot him through the shoulder, because the plan was to shoot his shoulder, and since the arrow was attached to a rope, I would pull him back. He made her get on her knees, so she couldn't fight back as much when he was getting her things. I shot, it missed and hit him in the head, going straight through. The angle I was at when I shout it caused it to go through his head, and into her heart. I went down to her, and she died in my arms.


"That night I destroyed all the photos, but before I could destroy the last one, I had a realization: I could take over the world, and make a peaceful society. I'm still working on the plan, because shifting everything so suddenly would create even more chaos. So I changed the rules of the Note, and I made myself God. That about explain it?" He asked. Sirius nodded, taking another bite of the burger.


Thomas snapped, and a coke appeared beside him. He took a sip. "Thanks. " Said Sirius, and he nodded. "But yes, that explains it. So, there are basically two categories for a Creator: Peaceful and Non-Peaceful. And in those categories, there are Gods and Non-Gods, correct?" Asked Sirius. Thomas nodded. "Yeah, as far as I know. But all of us go crazy. Some of us deal with it better than others. Here," He said, tossing him a key.


"If you put it in a door, it will lead to here, and you can come by anytime, day or night, ok!" He said. Sirius caught the key. It was silver. "I have one more question. Can you die, since you've made yourself a God?" He asked. Thomas shook his head. "No. But to be honest, that's less for my sake and more for the sake of the universes I created." Sirius was confused. "Why for our sake? That shouldn't have anything to do with us." He said. Thomas shrugged.


"You'll find out when the time comes. And you will love again. Don't be afraid to let people into your life. And don't use the Endgame Legion. You won't need it." Sirius nodded. "Thanks. I'm going to go. Do you mind if I brought these with me, Thomas? I think Blackstar would like them." He asked. Thomas nodded, pulling out several more bags.


"Two burgers and a drink for everyone. Thanks for coming over. Here, let me open a door for you." He said, snapping. A door appeared. "Thanks, Thomas, for everything. Or should I call you Creator?" He asked. He just shrugged. "Call me Thomas, Creator. Doesn't matter. See you later. Bye." He said, getting ready to close the door.


"Bye," Said Sirius, the door closing behind him. The door disappeared, and he realized he was in the Blackstar meeting room.


"Who was that you were with?" His butler, Mei-Rin asked. He shrugged. "Oh, nothing." He said nonchalantly. "Just the Creator." He said with a smile, watching everyone gasp in surprise as they grabbed their food and drinks. Even though that last smile hurt, he didn't care. He knew this was his family. And nothing would break it apart. Absolutely nothing.

February 07, 2022 19:58

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Zero ‎
17:32 Feb 08, 2022

I hope you liked the story, and make sure to check out my others!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.