8 comments

Fantasy Suspense Fiction

The Last supper

Prologue

“You deserve death rather prefers to live. Yet, I am offering you the last chance”, the two capsules were served on the dinner plates by the waiters. 

“I have offered you two capsules of red and blue. Red offers you Death and Blue gives your Life. Choose wisely what you want – Death or Life”, Mr R stated with an evil smirk on his face.

The mask of panic and fear wore on the faces of seven people who were gathered around the dining table of a mysterious restaurant, upon the invitation from Mr R.

*****

A feathered pen inked the names on the address line carefully and stuffed the pale coloured card with letters etched in golden colour as THE LAST SUPPER. The venue and the timing of the supper were mentioned in the back of the pale card which wrapped in the dark shaded envelope of the invitation.

The invitation then submitted to the postal department. The invitation stamped by the postal department agreed to hold the sole responsibility of delivery of the invitation to the destined address.

The invitation flew to the seven different destined addresses and the owner of the name opened the invitation. The invitation was disclosed simultaneously by seven different peoples of a pale hand man, a hand covered with white gloves, a two-fingered hand, blood strained hard hand, a lifeless skinny hand, a little hand and a hand with ink marks.

All the seven people decided and packed their belongings to attend THE LAST SUPPER which held in the mysterious restaurant with the motive of meeting Mr R, some with the motive of gaining, and some with sad, some with evil thoughts, some with a kind heart.

*****

Chapter 1

In the restaurant,

A reserved plate was mounted on the dining table of the capacity of eight people accommodation which was placed on the upper floor of the restaurant. The ground floor of the restaurant appeared to be normal for the people occupied by the commoners with no doubt arousal about the weird supper which has to be taken place on the upper floor.

The day was very busy with the overflow of many people in the restaurant and the waiters were busy serving the food and taking orders from the people. Everything appeared normal until seven cars stopped at the entrance of the restaurant one by one with perfect timing intervals.

The waiters from the upper floor one after the other were ready by the entrance to receive their VIP customers and hurried to headed the way to the upper floor.

*****

The elevator door opened, a man with a gothic groom suit of black brocade silver embroidered frock coat emerged and headed to the table where the reserved board mounted on it, near the window.

The rectangular wooden dining table was perfectly craved with unique patterns. The three pairs of chairs were placed adjacent to the breadth of the dining table and the two chairs were placed on the lengthen side of the table.

The gothic man occupied the length side chair where he could able to view the whole table and the entrance of the restaurant through the window. He waited on the table for the invitation acceptors by placing his two hands by fingertips jointed.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath to stabilize his mind. He opened his eyes when his ears heard the elevator bell sound. His pair of two eyes were fixed on the doorstep.

A pale-skinned man entered through the door who dressed in wine red velvet Victorian gothic suit with black pants extended his pale hand to greet the man in the gothic suit.

“Nice to meet you, Mr Leech”, the gothic suited man greeted the pale-skinned man.

“Pleasure’s mine being invited by you, Mr R”, the pale-skinned man smiled back. After the formal greeting, the pale-skinned man occupied the mid chair of the one side of the table.

The elevator belled…

Lee and Mr R looked in the direction of the doorstep, a small boy in his suits with neatly combed hair appeared from the elevator who was accompanied by a waiter.

Lee turned his head to the small boy, “Hey Kiddo, I think you got the wrong place.”

The boy stuffed his hand into the coat pocket to get the dark shaded envelope and showed the invitation card, “I am invited”, the boy walked in the direction of Mr R to greet him, “Glad to meet you, Mr R.”

Mr R stood to his feet and greeted the little boy, “Welcome Master Wony. Please be seated.”

The little boy went to the corner of the table; seated beside the man of pale-skinned and greeted him, “I am Wony. Nice to meet you.”

Lee doesn’t seem to be pleased by the presence of the little boy, so he doesn’t greet him. the little boy asked him, “Hey Mister. Don’t you know the manners of greeting someone? You are not enough well-mannered.”

Lee got his veins bulged by the words of the little boy and turned towards him, “Kiddo, I am Mr Leech. You can call me Mr Lee.”

The little boy responded, “Mr Lee, you are lacking Vitamin D. I can see that from your pale skin. Try to walk more in sunlight.” 

Chapter 2

The elevator bell ringed…

The three pairs of eyes turned towards the doorway, a man with a black leather jacket approached the table and greeted Mr R, “Evening, Mr R. Good to meet ya, after a long time.”

Mr R greeted the man with a warm smile, “Please be seated, Mr Gyil”

Gyil seated opposite the little boy and removed his gloves with eyes fixed on the little boy Wong and Lee.

The little boy closed his nose with his hands, Lee sniffed the smell of blood on the gloves of the man with the leather jacket.

The little boy frowned his brows and said in a nasal tone, “Don’t you any manners of washing yourself. Yikes, You stinks.”

The man pulled out a pistol from his leather jacket and placed it on the table and removed his jacket and placed it in the back of his chair and sit in his chair by crossing his legs.

The elevator opened and three persons headed to the dining table to greet Mr R. He, in turn, greeted with a wide smile and greeted one by one, “Welcome, Max. Welcome, Dr Zachra. Welcome, Mr Rothua.” Everyone occupied the empty seats. 

Dr Zachra opened his mouth, “I am not aware of anyone by their appearance, can you please introduce yourself.”

Mr R interrupted, “Huh Huh, One more seat is yet to be occupied.”

Gyil said, “We need to have waited for the person to come.”

*****

The elevator bell ringed…

The three pairs of eyes turned towards the doorway, a man with a black leather jacket approached the table and greeted Mr R, “Evening, Mr R. Good to meet ya, after a long time.”

Mr R greeted the man with a warm smile, “Please be seated, Mr Gyil”

Gyil seated opposite the little boy and removed his gloves with eyes fixed on the little boy Wong and Lee.

The little boy closed his nose with his hands; Lee sniffed the smell of blood on the gloves of the man with the leather jacket.

The little boy frowned his brows and said in a nasal tone, “Don’t you any manners of washing yourself. Yikes, you stink.”

The man pulled out a pistol from his leather jacket and placed it on the table and removed his jacket and placed it in the back of his chair and sit in his chair by crossing his legs.

The elevator opened and three persons headed to the dining table to greet Mr R. He, in turn, greeted with a wide smile and greeted one by one, “Welcome, Max. Welcome, Dr Zachra. Welcome, Mr Rothua.” Everyone occupied the empty seats.

Dr Zachra opened his mouth, “I am not aware of anyone by their appearance, can you please introduce yourself.”

Mr R interrupted, “Huh Huh, One more seat is yet to be occupied.”

Gyil said, “We need to have waited for the person to come.”

*****

Everyone looked at the door to open and sharpened their ears for the bell sound of the elevator. Mr R and Mr Rothua don’t have any curiosity on their faces, it has appeared that they both knew the person who yet to come.

The door opened, everyone turned their head eagerly to look at the person, to their disappointment it was a waiter who arrived to take his orders for their supper. The waiter managed to take orders by approaching Mr R, as the table was booked under his name.

Mr R told the waiter, “All are my guest. I let them order the food of their likes. After the supper, do as I instructed.”

The waiter nodded his head and went near the bulged head creature and asked, “What do you like to have, Sir?”

The person with bulged head opened his mouth, “I prefer not to eat any human’s food. I brought mine from my planet”, as the words finished, everyone looked at the weird creature.

Max, who was silent all the while, asked, “How did you enter, by the way. Why do you sit beside me?”

The bulged head replied, “The chair near you is the only unoccupied. So I choose to sit beside you. You should be glad to be my dine-mate.”

The small boy Wony replied, “Mr R, you have invited aliens too…? It’s a disgrace to me.”

Chapter 3

Mr R gestured the waiter to take orders from the guests. The waiter went near the guests and carefully taken his orders and agreed to bring all types of foods they ordered individually.

The food was served with a closed lid and everyone waited for the word from Mr R. In the meantime, the guests had an open talk with everyone and get introduced to them.

The murmuring sound disturbed the silence of the dining table and Mr R stood on his feet with a glass of wine in his hand and a spoon.

He tapped the wine glass with a silver spoon thrice and everyone holds their verbal fight for a minute.

Mr R opened his mouth, “Welcome Gentlemen, I have exclusively invited you to enjoy this evening with me. Enjoy your food.”

He then turned towards the alien creature, “I am apologizing on the behalf of others. I hope you won’t take this to your heart, Mr Lulu Vandor.”

Mr Rothua interrupted the conversation of Mr R with the alien creature with a mysterious giggle, “Take it to heart? Mr R, I don’t remember it has heart and brain as we do; the bulged head doesn’t mean that brain is bigger…”

The insulting laugh spread around the table, it made the alien Lulu Vandor down his bulged head to face the ground in shame.

Max, the adult man stood by alien Lulu Vandor and defended the alien with his words, “Did everyone have enough of a laugh on him? Can’t you see you are hurting him by your sense of humour? Though he doesn’t belong to our species, he too has sensory organs. The pain is common for all, and everything can feel the pain. Not of deadly weapons, even wounding words is called violence.”

Everyone was terrified by the sudden tantrum of Max, who remained silent like a dead log from his arrival at the restaurant. Before everyone could begin their violence again, the waiters arrived on time to serve the guests with wine first.

Mr R holds his wine glass and toast to everyone, “To the Last Supper.”

Everyone stood on their feet; raised their wine glass and repeated the words of Mr R in unison, “To the Last Supper.”

The evening went smoothly with the desirable food of the guests. The table was cleaned and the waiter brought the plate with a closed lid again and served it to the guests.

Mr R gestured to the waiter and an empty glass bottle was brought and placed in the middle of the dining table. Everyone seemed puzzled and the little boy named Wony asked, “I think we are going to play a game. Am I right, Mr R?”

Dr Zanchara got up from the chair, “What… play? I have so many patients waiting for me to treat them. I have to go. Thanks for your supper, Mr R.”

Mr R laughed malevolently, “Since everyone accepted my invitation, there is no going back. You have to play. I will rotate this bottle and the lid side of the bottle whoever is pointing must introduce yourself and share your dreadful past or your biggest regret which haunted you and ruin your life.”

The inhales of breath and panic of fear were heard around the dinner table, Mr R rotated the bottle. The lid portion stopped which pointed towards the adult man.

Mr R told, “Mr Max, can you please share?”

Max stood up with a tremble in his heart, “I am Max. I employed as a mechanic. My dreadful past is a girl. We were good in our relationship until a man appeared in the luxury car took her away. She reasoned my status as poor. I wanted to delete her memories from my mind, later I found it a challenging deed. So, I wanted to delete her from the world. I poisoned her.”

The bottle rolled again, it picked Mr Zanchara, “I am Doctor Zanchara. My regret – I help people survive, sometimes my treatment screwed the patients out of my carelessness.”

The bottle picked the alien, “I am Lulu Vandor, a general of the army on my planet. My regret – I was tempted by the words of the invader of my planet and I am the destroyer of my planet.”

The bottle chooses a muscular man, “I am Gyil, I kill people for money. I regret that I killed my wife for cheating on me. The torment inside me finally relieved. I kill people for money, for someone’s satisfaction and relief.”

The bottle rotated and picked pale-skinned man, “I am Leech. I am a vampire. I was humanly born until a person sold me to a vampire. My regret – I kill people for their blood for my survival.”

The bottle picked the small boy, “I am Wony, the first-born of the richest family in the city. My regret is I lost my little brother while playing hide and seek. Out of inferiority of not being noticed by anyone since he was born and having the thought of ‘Always Mine’, I could have helped him, but I didn’t. I am the reason for his perish.”

The bottle chooses the man with a normal suit, “I think I am the last person. I am Rothua, basically a writer. And, my biggest regret is that to create the characters like you all. You are all my fictional characters who escaped and reflected from my stories. I am the destiny writer of my characters live. I don’t remember sculpting Mr R.”

Before anyone could react, the lids on the plates were disclosed and everyone looked at their plates and wondered what had been served to them. The looks of disappointment were visible clearly on everyone’s face.

“You deserve death rather prefers to live. Yet, I am offering you the last chance”, the two capsules were served on the dinner plates by the waiters. 

“I have offered you two capsules of red and blue. Red offers you Death and Blue gives your Life. Choose wisely what you want – Death or Life”, Mr R stated with an evil smirk on his face.

All seven people choose the blue capsules and swallowed them hoping to live than being dead. After a minute or two, everyone started choking heavily.

Mr R told with an evil laugh, “Pardon me! I am not certain about the colours.”

Mr R mentioned, “I am the invader of the alien planet, (turned to Max) I am the owner of the luxury car, (turned to Dr Zanchara) I am your carelessness (to Vampire Lee) I am your seller (to killer Gyil) I am the reason for your wife’s betrayal (turned to the little boy) I am your inferiority complex.”

Mr R continued while all were in the middle of their death, “I have given you the last chance, yet you are all covert to pursue your sinful life. So I am offering you Salvation. Rest in peace!”

Epilogue

Mr R opened his mind to reveal his identity, “People call me in different names and even curse me. 

I am the totality of the system both known and unknown. I exist in everything, I am invincible, yet people choose imaginary only to escape me. 

They wanted to hide behind the curtains of fantasy like a coward rather than facing me bravely. You can reason your actions, but you are all sinful creatures.

I crossed everyone’s life in different patterns and tried to warn to be awake from your dreamy-sad-fake-delusions. 

Yet no one wanted to wake to witness what is real. So I decided to haunt everyone with my strength.”

The writer asked with choking, “Why do you want to kill me?”

Mr R replied with a malicious laugh, “You wanted to hide behind your words. You provoked everyone to hide behind the masquerade of your scrambled, crazy ideas. That’s the reason I invited you.”

Mr R jumped on the dining table and laughed, “I am called Reality.”

The mind of Rothua was empty without any thoughts; a smile gleamed in the lips of a dying writer. The image of Mr R blurred, soon everything started to vanish one by one of living and non-living objects. The eyes of writer Rothua closed in peace, soon the whole thing dissolved including the restaurant.

The last words of Rothua, “My reality poisoned me.”

The End

July 02, 2021 10:42

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

8 comments

Alex P. Gounaris
08:27 Jul 08, 2021

Hey there, good job on your submission! So, here's my first impression: On the Technical aspects: There were quite a few grammar and syntax mistakes across the document that really bogged me down. I had to read a few passages more than once to clearly understand their meaning and some left me wondering. There was some use of passive voice, and even though I don't believe that passive voice should be abolished entirely, it didn't really help in these situations. This story might have been better in a novella, than a short story, since there ...

Reply

Aurora Bluemoon
07:32 Jul 09, 2021

First of all, I am so happy to receive a reader like you to my story. I must thank you for taking a minute to read my story. You get the core meaning of the story, I can see from your comments. I thank you for mentioning the technical errors, which I will resolve in my next story. I welcome your idea of converting this short story into a novella. About Reality killing the writer, everyone wants to escape their reality, writers/authors/poets are direct victims of reality. Without the impact of reality, they can't touch the realm of fantasy. T...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
06:31 Jul 07, 2021

The story involves many people, all are reflected characters in our day-to-day life. Mr R is a bitter truth in everyone's life. As said, all wants to hide from Mr R - fact.

Reply

Aurora Bluemoon
06:37 Jul 07, 2021

Thank you, Kanimozhi Srinivasan

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
JAGAN ATHAN
11:01 Jul 02, 2021

Clarify pl.. Does it mean the hidden character in writter's mind Or the hidden characters in everyone?

Reply

Aurora Bluemoon
11:13 Jul 02, 2021

It exists in everyone accordingly.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
JAGAN ATHAN
10:59 Jul 02, 2021

Nice story... Well written... Suspense thriller .... experienced..all d best :)

Reply

Aurora Bluemoon
11:09 Jul 02, 2021

Thank you.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.