My story is titled the young man Victor Somebody broke the cycle of his family by engaging in polygamous marriage.

Written in response to: Write about somebody breaking a cycle.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Mystery

My story is titled the young man Victor Somebody broke the cycle of his family by engaging in polygamous marriage.


Once upon a time, Victor Somebody who was married to to Victoria Somebody broke the cycle of his family

by having an affair with other women so he engaged in some sort of polygamous marriage,he was not a Moslem but a Christian to be precise.

As according to some christians it was a taboo to marry more than one wife but they were allowed to marry only one wife and engage in some sort of monogamous marriage.

Victor Somebody by then had a happy family before engaging in extra martial affairs ,so the Pastor of his church advised him and later dismissed him from his church.

The Pastors never liked his attitude of having more than one wife, because he can hardly take good care of his children.

Victor Somebody was also advised that it is only Moslems who do marry more than one wife and until he becomes a Moslem he can never engage in polygamous marriage and marry more than one wife.

Victor Somebody was a man of few words and very kind at most times. He often likes helping the needy children and the deprived of our society.


In addition it was only Victor Somebody who likes breaking the cycle of marriage because of the fact that he engages in extra martial affairs and then provides for other families outside his martial home.

Some of his children that he had outside his martial home ,he claimed that he was not their paternal father and then he will not look after them as society demands actually.

Whenever someone breaks the cycle of marriage as according to Christianity it is termed that the individual might be engaging in adultery or fornication.

Due to this both adultery and fornication was termed as a sinful act against God and the individual must be dealt with or conduct a divorce in marriage.


However due to this issue Victor Somebody was actually known to have broken the cycle. Victor Somebody was dismissed and later sent to an uninhabited Island in order to struggle all by himself.

Again Victor Somebody was grateful for his escape because the entire community despised him and they were rude towards him,they never actually liked him at all.

It was noted that the situation of Victor Somebody was a dreadful one.

Victor Somebody was wet on the Island because he often swims in the sea. Also Victor Somebody had no enough clothes to change into entirely and nothing to actually eat nor drink.

Again Victor Somebody saw no future before him but of dying actually of hunger or being eaten by some sort of wild animals.

Victor Somebody had no weapon whatsoever either to kill or hunt to get food to defend himself against any other creature that might then wish to kill him for food.

In addition Victor Somebody had actually nothing but a small knife , tobacco pipe and a little tobacco in a box.

It can be noted that these were the only possesions that Victor Somebody actually had. Victor Somebody was in a great despair that for a short while he ran about like a lunatic.

As the night drew near in the uninhabited island Victor Somebody considered what would be his fate ,whether there were any fierce and hungry wild animals within their country for the night was actually the time when they will always come looking for their prey.

The only plan that occurred to Victor Somebody mind was to climb up into a thick bushy tree ,where he resolved to sit all night.


During the next day ,he would consider whether he should die for he saw no other possibility of life. The young man suffered a lot on that Island due to his sinful act of engaging in polygamous marriage most christian never liked him and they often despised him.

They mentioned that having more than one wife is a blasphemy against God as according to the bible and the teachings of christianity.

The Christian society demands that all christians should marry and have at least one wife.

Again having more than one wife was a taboo for them when one engages in extra martial affairs out of his or her matrimonial home.

Most Christians turn it as illegal to actually have and marry more than one wife within the community and the society at large.


Victor Somebody walked a short way inland to see whether he could find any fresh water to then drink which he did to his great joy.

Again having drunk and when he put a little tobacco in his mouth to prevent hunger by then he went to a tree then climbed up into it and later tried to place himself in such a position that he might not fall when he sleeps.

Victor Somebody later cut a short thick stick for his defence and then settled himself.

As and when he was quiet tired out by the events of the day ,he fell fast asleep and slept more comfortably than many could have imagined and done entirely.

When Victor Somebody actually awoke ,he realized that it was daylight. The weather was good and the storm was over,so that the sea was calm. What actually surprised Victor Somebody was the fact that the night that was the rising tide had lifted off the ship from the sand bank on which she laid and she was now lying not far from the rock which I have mentioned where he was so badly by being thrown against it.

As can be noted this was only about a mile from where I was on the sea shore and as the ship seemed to be upright ,he thought he should go on board so that he might have some necessary things for his use.


Finally , Victor Somebody found the sea to be very calm on that island and he could easily walk a mile in the ship. Victor Somebody later married another woman on that island after breaking the cycle of marriage. Victor Somebody went on the sea shore safely.

Lastly it was noted that Victor Somebody was left alone and then miserable as he was known mainly on the Island.

However this forced tears from his eyes at most times but as there was nothing to be gained and then nothing to loose from that moment he was determined to get into his ship.


June 23, 2022 06:01

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.