0 comments

Funny Happy High School

Mrs. Levy had the ability to move and pounce like a cat. Dean B Library was quiet but at least you should be able to hear her walking towards you, thought Gregory . “You two will have to settle down!” Mrs. Levy came out of nowhere. It startled Gregory and Felecia so bad she dropped her book. Gregory laughed out loud making even more noise. Felecia’s book went straight up in the air. “Young man, I don’t see what is funny.” Felecia bent over to pick up the book. Mrs. Levy noticed the title, but chose not to comment. “If I have to venture over this way again, I’ll have to ask the both of you to leave.” She was bit more stern this time and Gregory and Felecia could hear it. They knew she meant it and they couldn’t afford that. Their term papers were due soon and being able to use the library was a must. Saturday, stuck in a library was not how they wanted to spend any part of their day. Their visit to the Dean B today had two reasons . One to work on their papers and two to try and put together a surprise party or small get together for Mrs. Levy. Yeah, that was easier to say then getting it done. Mrs. Alice Levy’s birthday was soon approaching and also she would be retiring after this school year. Many of the kids and their parents knew her. She’d been the school librarian for at least thirty years. Gregory and Felecia had to put a together, a together without her knowing and finish up their papers all at the same time. “Whew!” Felecia, do you think we can pull this off?” Gregory asked. Felecia’s expression wasn’t that reassuring Gregory thought. “Okay, we have appropriately two week, first thing first”, she said. He felt a little better after that. As they walked home the plan unfolded. First get the principal in on it. Mr. Roberts was approached the fellowing Monday. He was on board one hundred percent. A date and time and place was set and he would authorize the cafeteria workers to provide something small and simple to eat during the celebratio. Next, get all the kids in on it, with the understanding that mum is the word. Mrs. Levy could not know. It was to be a surprise. Felecia and Gregory would meet later Monday night at her house to decide what the flyers would look like. It took them about an hour to get that done . The design would be handed off to Mrs. Lake, Felecia’s mother to have them printed. She was as excited as the kids. She had the flyers ready that Wednesday and that Thursday a flyer was placed in each student hands. It was working out. Friday was term paper day they met at her house again to work on them. Felecia’s paper was about the importance of foster care. It’s pros and cons, how it came to be, etc. She knew a little about it personally. She herself had been in foster care for a short period of time. Gregory’s paper would be about cyber bullying. He had a catchy title too, “From the Streets to Your Homes”. The next Monday school was buzz. Kids talking about what gift they had gotten Mrs. Levy. Teachers allowing for students to share their memories about Mrs Levy. Many home rooms decided on one big gift instead of individual ones. They would all give monies and purchase a gift they felt like she would Ike. Mondays during football season was the day of the team pep rally. Mrs. Levy always attended. She enjoyed football and was often seen at the games supporting. The coach with the mic in hand took the gym floor. ”Hello everybody! We’re here to support our tigers wishing them a win Friday nite! Go Tigers!!!” The gym erupted with cheers and screams. He then handed it over to Principal Roberts. “Alright, everybody calm down, we’re also here to celebrate, right?” Again eruption louder then the first. Mr. Roberts continues, “There’s someone here today we want to celebrate and appreciate. Is this student body ready to reveal who that someone is??!!” “On the count of three, you know what to do!!” Mr. Roberts counted and a three he nature gym erupted with fingers pressed to lips with a loud resounding, “SSSSHHH”. The look on Mrs. Levy’s was priceless. Gregory and Felecia approached her and on either side escorted her to the center of the gym where Mr. Roberts now stood with a beautiful plaque. “Mrs. Levy there was noway we were going to let you out of here without showing you how loved and appreciated you are.” She was in tears and speechless. Her face was as red as her sweater she wore. ”These two beside you came to me about this and there was noway I could say no.” Ge handed her the plaque and as she read even more tears flowed. Gregory looked at Felecia and mouthed, “I think we got her!” Mr. Robert leaned in and gave Mrs. Levy a huge hug. He turn to the student body and with encouragement from his left he got a, “SURPRISE!!!!” and from his right, “SSSSHHHHH!!!” The student body wasn’t about to let her go without saying something. “Take the mic!! Take the mic!! This was their way of sayin, we want to hear from Mrs. Levy. She took the mic and began. “You guys got me real good. I honestly had no idea. I can’t imagine how you guys were able to keep this to yourselves as much as you all like to talk. And I know personally how much you do.” The student exploded in laughter. “I doubt there isn’t many of you in here I haven’t given a sssshhhh or two. “ She thanked the administration and teaching staff for embracing her when her husband passed a year ago. She was open to note their being there helped her so much. Claps and shout outs of “We love you Mrs. Levy”, came from all over the gym. “I love you more”, she responded. She closed with asking for one more, SSSSSSHHHHH!!! and the student happily obliged. .


April 24, 2021 10:37

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.