0 comments

General

(Adam) 

1:45pm 

Hi there how was your sushi?


(Caroline)

2:03pm

Hi. Who’s this?


(Adam) 

2:05pm 

I saw you having lunch at Sakura downtown. I presumed you were with a coworker, or maybe a boyfriend, but he looked too old for you. Perhaps a boss. Either way I didn’t want to interrupt. 


(Caroline)

2:12pm 

Who is this? I’m sorry I had to get a new phone. Lost my contacts. 


(Adam) 

2:25pm 

Hahaha. That’s funny. I don’t believe you. 


(Adam) 

2:28pm 

;) It’s okay. I’m the one with the new number. 

You must’ve blocked me. 


(Adam)

2:34pm 

It’s Adam. We met on Tinder. And I thought we had a good date…


(Caroline) 

2:36pm

Hi! 


(Adam)

2:38pm

Surprised ;) ?


(Caroline)

2:39pm

How’s it going?  Sorry I’m at work. 


(Adam)

2:41pm 

I know Caroline. Remember I saw you at lunch in your work clothes lol. It’s all good. Who were you with? It’s okay if you don’t want to say I’m just curious. 


(Caroline) 

2:45pm 

So you saw me at lunch? Were you at the restaurant? So random. How come you didn’t say hello?


(Adam)

2:48pm

Told you. It’s cause I’m polite. I’m respectful. You were probably having a business lunch...or maybe it was personal. I don’t intrude. I wouldn’t want someone to interrupt me when I’m out to lunch with a colleague...or a lover?


(Caroline) 

2:52pm 

You could have said hi. I was just having lunch with someone from work. 


(Adam)

2:54pm

That’s what I figured. He didn’t seem your type. Too old. Too businessy. But what do I know? I guess I wasn’t your type either, huh?


(Adam)

3:01pm

So...why did you block me? That’s really fucked up. Like all I did was ask if you wanted to meet up again and check to see if you were okay….again it’s my upbringing #manners 


(Adam) 

3:05pm 

Am I getting blocked again...or just ignored lol. This is hilarious. You really are a psycho bitch. You said in your profile you wanted, unlike most women, “a nice guy.” Well you found one. I’m a NICE GUY! It’s what you asked for. I called you to see if you made it home okay. No response. I texted to see if you made it home okay. No response. I called again the next day because I WAS WORRIED. I thought you got hurt, mugged, raped by your Uber driver. I WAS WORRIED OKAY?? You didn’t have the decency to text back. THAT’S FUCKED UP!


(Adam)

3:18pm 

Seriously get your shit together. If I ever see you again I’m not holding back. I’m gonna tell you straight to your face and to whatever douche bag is with you that you are a disgusting slutty worthless POS. You better pray I’m not in that part of town. And yes I know where you live. You told me remember? Hahahaha. And now I know exactly where you work and where you like to lunch. 


(Adam) 

4:44pm 

Hi. Listen. I’m sorry. If you get these texts will you PLEASE give me another chance? I have been going through a lot of stress from work and family. I thought you were awesome funny cute and I know we’d be a great couple. I mean we had a pretty awesome kiss and I know it could lead to a lot more. Not just sex and stuff but connection and meaning. I talk a lot I know. But I like you and I just have a lot of emotions sometimes. Like let’s TAKE IT SLOW. That’s all I want to do. You said in your profile “you want to start as friends and see if something develops” that’s what I want!!! I mean the kiss we had just felt right I didn’t mean to be too forward. If I was then I’m sorry really but I thought you were into it so I kept it going. How about this -- we meet in a public place, tomorrow, that same sushi restaurant where I saw you today. Or the bar where we had our date. We have a meal, we talk, nothing romantic, just you tell me how your day was, I tell you how mine was and so on. And then we take it from there ? What do you say? PLEASE respond to this. I’m really sorry if I hurt you at all or whatever. Bye 


(Adam)

6:05pm

Okay, well I guess it’s over forever with you. I don’t know why I wasted my time with you or why I ever gave a crap about you. Clearly everything in your profile is total BS and I will definitely tell the dating site administrators that you are the worst of scammers and liars and are not to be trusted and should be booted off the site. Seriously why are you wasting people’s time ? I have better things to do. By the way, you’re not that hot. Okay? You’re cute, just cute. But that won’t last LOL! Your nose is crooked and I’m pretty certain you have a few grey hairs in the roots so good luck with that. And you have big hips so I bet when you have kids whenever that is if you are lucky enough to get some guy to buy your BS that you are gonna gain a ton of weight and never be able to drop it. And then he’ll definitely cheat and divorce you so have a great life lol. Bitch. 


(Caroline)

6:10pm

This is Mike. Caroline’s friend. Stop texting her. Also, get some help. Seriously. Man to man. You’re not well. If you text her again we’re going to report you to the police. We have these texts as proof. She doesn’t have or want to see you again. You had one date. She’s not into you. At all. Let it go. If you stalk her at the office or her home she will call the cops on the spot. Get your shit together. Stop texting her. 


(Adam)

6:11pm

Are you her boyfriend? Are you the guy she was having lunch with? I want to speak to her


 



March 20, 2020 21:26

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.