2 comments

Creative Nonfiction Friendship Inspirational

It was spring 2014 when i first realized that there is nothing impossible in this world.It took the wall of Jericho to be built in three days;I had to let out my dream of becoming the best chef out of the box,to smell the success.Men will always move around you with discouraging words -'that can't happen'.I couldn't let their words go through my ears; filling my mind with nasty dirts but I had to walk with my head straight up like a giraffe looking everywhere not to miss a single thing that passes infront of my eyes.

The 'Guiness book of Records' was set to be held in Geneva; that i wasn't planning to be left out by all means.I signed up for the biggest cookery competition which was to take the world by the storm.

"Excuse me girls -I need your ears,there's a big cookery

competition coming up and we need to bake one of the

largest cookie."

We were so much excited;bearing in mind that baking one of the largest cookie will be the best experience that we've ever had..We set off to Naivas supermarket; picking one by one and dropping into our shopping basket.We left the supermarket with all the ingredients needed to bake the cookie.

Everything was all set up;the kitchen sparkling clean with reflection of our white chef attire as we proceeded in cooking.The sweet aroma moving around the air as the cookie was ready;smiling as we clapped our hands together in the air -

Yeah! We did it

The hall was all filled up with people;people from different cultures and countries all over the world.There was no doubt that our cookie turned out to be the largest all over the world; holding high the trophy, with words-

'The largest cookie in the world 2020

Guiness book of Records

we stood around the cookie;that our smiles showed the happiness in our hearts. People couldn't stop taking pictures;flash lights all over our faces. We were famous with golden medals around our necks with bunch of beautiful flowers in our hands.

'Can you tell us more about the cookie that is now the

largest in the all world -

Microphone competing over our mouths;we had been featured in newspapers, televisions, magazines, social media and we had been the talk of everybody's words from their mouths.The memory left in people's hearts;signatures on t-shirts. Every corner of the street were full of our portrays.

"Hello! My name is Mr Jin Chang-

The big cookie that you girls baked is impressive -and I

want to say how impressed I am.Am offering you a

contract to work with us in one of the largest

international hotel,"

I wiped my hands on a cloth; shaking Mr Jin Chang -

"My name is Terry, nice to meet you Mr Jin Chang

anxiety got hold of my throat; happiness filled the air. We couldn't hide our joy,our feet off the ground on the air.Screaming our head off;giving each a tight hug.

"Am I dreaming? Please don't wake me up-

one pinch on my arms;pulling off that big scream "Aaaaaaaaaa!

it wasn't a dream but at the same spot I stood facing a young looking man.

"You must be Jin Chang, "I asked

"Yes, I am,"answered Mr Jin Chang

"So it wasn't a dream after all," smiling at myself.

Papers on the table; holding a pen in my right hand as I read the agreement through the papers.My eyes popped out looking at the papers; throwing my eyes towards Mr Jin Chang.

£10,000!

I laid flat my hands;my bare hand had only caught 30,000. Going towards my friends; shaking them by the shoulders -

£10,000 - we're rich

My signature was already printed on the papers permanently. The road to success had began in that big international hotel;rocky roads but seeing the bright light made me to move on and on.I became one of the best and famous chef in the all world.

My name was remembered for days to come; I became an inspiration especially to young people.I visited and toured many places for seminars;called out in schools to encourage students.

My feet was tired as I raised them on that soft cushion on an evening;a phone rang with the name 'private number ' which appeared on the screen of my phone.

Hello!

A female lady answered the call;introducing herself as the secretary from the office of the president. I felt in real sense; floating on the moon as i spoke with the president.

Being invited to work as a statehouse chef was one of the big dream come true.I was recognized as one of the best recognized chef in the all world. My name printed on my white chef attire-

'Chef Terry

The journey was worth it;I opened my own school of cookery. My talent had to be exposed to other youths; that later on became chefs,waiters,waitresses.

The best chef award of the year was set to happen in Manchester;being accompanied together with my mother and grandma.

My name was called out as one of the best chef;people cheering me up.My mother and grandma couldn't stop shouting my name as they cheered me up.

I was humbled to receive the award; holding the microphone on my hand, not having much words to say as tears of joy went down my cheeks-

"I don't have much to say -thank you mum,grandma and all

of you. "

My mum and grandma ran towards me;giving me that warm hug. My hotels were the largest all over the world; being situated in different countries. I had become an international chef and business lady flying all over the world.

I never stopped baking the largest cookie;people fell in love and there was no time when the hotel was empty but full to the brim.I hosted big people, the presidents, the queen and the food never disppointed people.More and more people would need to taste that sweet giant cookie.

Look where I am; relaxing in my office as I gave a big thought in my achievements.

Hey! My name is chef Terry, the world recognized and this is my story.

December 11, 2020 06:34

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Therese Hudson
09:48 Dec 16, 2020

Superb Good story

Reply

Show 0 replies
Joan Opoyi
08:55 Dec 16, 2020

Nice story

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.