Storms - The dark circle

Submitted into Contest #102 in response to: Write about a mysterious figure in one’s neighborhood.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Fiction Happy

"Wake up you wicked wretches, and wipe those stupid grins off of your faces!" bellowed the wicked Ms. Storm. "You have got alot of work to do!" At the orphanage Hyde, he always woke up like this. Sad, lonely, scared and most of all tired. Throughout the years, every day went by, and he could not stop thinking about his parents. He knew there was a reason for him to be alive, because every part of our planet is just a piece of the puzzle, whether it is a human, a child, trees or food. It all completes our planet. So, there has to be a reason he was alive. And a reason might not be to live in an orphanage, there should be some reason his parents left him here, stranded. Ms. Storm was not a loving character. All though with her plaid skirt and pink flowery blouse, she looked like a fun and kind person, she really was not. That was what usually fooled the officers, who come to check on the orphanage, but not this time. A dark, speckled and not finely defined person, stood in the shadows, you could not even make out its gender. It was approaching the orphanage very fast, although no one saw it. It seemed like a lady, desperately wanting her beloved child back,(that she left here) or wanting to adopt one. If she was leaving one behind, she would probably be coming towards them very slow, and sad almost like a tortoise. But you know, sometimes it was possible for that not to happen, and the mom wants to get rid of the child, or there is a reporting, or any sort of sighting from the station police officers. In the orphanage, it was lunch time, but Hyde was not done cleaning the staircase. (That was his job today) So he had to stay back late until four in the evening to satisfy (not really) his stomach with gruel (it is a porridge, not the tasties when you have to have it every morning!), and for pudding an apple. It seemed like a lot to handle for a ten year old, but Hyde was used to it. His other friends, were now forced to do the toilets, including the one in Ms. Storm's room. That had all of her perfume, and alcohol. The worst part was that she stank of smoke, because she smoked all day long. Sometimes, the person who went inside, was told never to come back so the children just try and avoid it. Or else two go inside at once, so that they have each others company. It was said that Ms. Storm needed Hyde more than anything. Because, he was the only one in the orphanage to listen to her. He did not want any beating up, he had seen the strongest and bravest of kids cry. He did not want to end up like them. So he simply listened to everything Ms. Storm said. "Knock Knock" went the door, someone must have arrived for a surprise inspection, or to adopt a child! Maybe to give one away too. " Get the cleaning supplies out of my sight, make the beds and put the cushions on the couches, look sharp, straight, with a stupid smile on your face" Shouted Ms. Storm. In a matter of seconds, the whole room turned still, the necessary things were done and everyone stood up still, just like the eye of the storm. Their heads out in front, necks right up straight, shoulders back, and everyone was very still. The door swung right open and almost fell on the ground. (You see it had not been repaired for a really long time). The lady barged in, with her neat ballet bun sitting on top like a cherry, and a small clip to go with it. Het perfectly done nails showed she was pretty rich, but her shoes were a bit worn out, she must not care about those too much. She announced " This orphanage is going to be shut down this instant children pack your bags." The children smiled and cheered, some laughed and hooted "Freedom at last!" and ran up to their rooms and got down their stuff, it's not like they had anything anyways. Ms. Storm would burn down all their pictures, or anything they brought along with them. She was like a dementor, (from Harry Potter), she sucked out the children's lives and souls, made them unhappy, made them zombies although with a mind. Ms. Storm tried arguing, but she realised people had been watching her and her ways. They knew she did not help the children, they even had evidence. So the children were freed, and Ms. Storm was never to be seen again! In the new orphanage, they had a kind hearted old lady, she would give them delicious crispy bacon and fresh, well cooked eggs every day for breakfast! And sometimes if they were lucky even pancakes. For lunch, the best of food was there! Some rice, noodles, chicken and so much more. It was not Ms. Storm any more, it was Ms. Walker, the sister of Ms. Storm, but she is ten times better and she was really good, kind hearted, and amazing! She had an awesome orphanage, and hyde was able to make loads of friends. It is obvious that he was having a good time! One person who definitely was not was Ms. Storm. She was now forced to work in an animal shelter, collecting animal poop, scrubbing barns, keeping track of the zoo, and feeding animals all day long. It is almost like a circle, good wins over evil and evil does not get the last laugh, but as soon as Ms. Storm is done with her animal duty, she'll be back. Maybe back to control their loves, or spoil them in some way. But that's a story for next time. Wait and see what trouble she'll cause next time, in my next story!

July 12, 2021 10:47

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.