Night Hours

Written in response to: Set your story during the night shift.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Crime Urban Fantasy

Night Hours

Hamilton and Warren County Borders All Hallows Eve

Screams echo on a lone farm on the borders of Hamilton and Warren County Ohio. The early hours of All Hallows Eve,

“Journal Entry 31 October 2019 midnight hour. They say the night shift is quiet but this Halloween in the early hours it was not. This is my story.”

“We received a call at 1213AM and my team was called in because the same type of horrors has been going on for the last few years. Concerned for a serial killer, my team and I began our investigation known as UNSUB 311019. Hopping in our black Escapade my team and I drove up to the borders of Warren and Hamilton County this early mischief night”

“We arrived at the crime scene at 1243 am as we saw both Warren County and Hamilton County Sheriff vehicles parked in this farm on the border. Since there are maybe jurisdiction disputes. My FBI team was called in to coordinate a proper investigation.”

“What we know is that the UNSUB was using a scythe-like blade and always struck in the early hours of Halloween. This year there was no change in the MO but my team needed to have a fresh set of eyes to look into the mysterious deaths on Mischief Night and Halloween.

Though at first, it was a simple open and shut case the events reappeared since they started in 2015.”

“The MO was unclear so both sheriff departments asked help from the federal and state government. Normally this would be a state investigation but the circumstances proved otherwise.”

“My team and I arrived and spoke with both sheriff departments on their find. Dr. Kim and I

soon began our crime scene review. Placing rubber bands on our feet to avoid contamination of the crime scene.”

“ Like the previous cases, this case was a farmer and his wife with the only eyewitness their teenage daughter. Since she was the key to our investigation, I asked Alison to speak with the young lady.”

“We soon found out that the parents had your basic family and economic issues, especially with their soybean farm. The young lady whose name was Maria is a Hispanic teen about 15 years of age. Though she spoke with Alison in a Spanish dialect she understood English pretty well. Probably from going to an American school.”

“Maria spoke with Alison and claimed that her mom and dad were closing shop for the day and she heard a scuffle in the barn when they were attending a horse who was ill. The horse woke Maria up and that's when she saw her parents slain by our UNSUB. Like the previous murders, both parents were found sliced by a scythe-like weapon. Comforting maria with her grandparents nearby, Alison claims the grandparents said that Diablo was responsible for this murder.”

“Looking up Diablo on my smartphone I contacted my friends at the Amberst archives who explained to me that Diablo had several meanings and folklore concerning its history. This case was odd because we normally think Diablo was a bull because of the farming area but

This case happens in an agricultural region of Ohio. This is not too rare so I asked our archives people to look up for any previous events that may have triggered the Diablo for attacking these farmers. My team did not get an answer for a few hours but what we found was quite interesting and scary.”

Three hours later

“My team got word from Amberst Archives that this region had a new rise of people moving out of Cincinnati and began to have farms. However, one of the farmers who was starting his farm was charged with a heinous crime against another farmer's wife. Though the evidence had the time was more hearsay evidence the farmer was killed by a lynch mob led by the victim's husband. Though law enforcement was starting to get better it did not happen and the farmer was lynched.”

“Though there was no key evidence hearsay the mob still executed the man. The librarians claim that somewhere along the way the supposed criminal was resurrected by his sister who was a voodoo priestess and demanded vengeance against her brother's killers. Though evidence is not clear if this incident caused the attacks is still being reviewed by my people.”

“As we continued our crime scene check we came across a pair of ragged footprints left in the barn of the latest victims. After asking Alison to check the feet of the young girl for similar factors the evidence we found did not match with the young girl's feet.”

“So it soon proved that there was another Perp involved in this heinous crime. My team soon received news from Alison concerning her early exam of the bodies and as predicted the victims were killed by a scythe. She contacted our friends at the ballistics and weapons lab of Hamilton county and discovered that the scythe was a handheld brand rather than the famous one displayed with Grim Reaper tattoos.”

“So our evidence proves that the Perp used a handheld Scythe rather than a two-handed one. Our big problem was to track him down.”

“About 345AM we got news of another attack and my team and I floored it to the crime scene. We arrived within twenty minutes and were joined by deputies both from Hamilton and Warren county. The deputies brought a K9 unit and we joined them in the hunt. Being led by a

K9 we found the tracks of the Perp and began our pursuit.”

“We did call in for air support but the chopper was assisting in another operation involving a vehicle going into a canal in Warren county. So our only pursuit weapon was mag-lights and

the K9 unit.”

“Chasing the Perp through a series of soybean and cornfields we managed to finally catch up with the Perp and what we found was a story for our grandkids. The Perp turned out to be a

spirit with the look of a scarecrow but it was a dark man and his eyes had blood-lust in them.

The deputies were in a state of shock but my team has seen this type of supernatural spirits through our years with Division 7.”

“Taking over the lead for the case my team withdrew their modified weapons of HCS-9 mm shells. These shells were made up of Halite Calcite Sodium black-powder. A combination mix made out of the research division of D7. They are more dangerous to creatures of supernatural

origin much like silver bullets to werewolves.”

“My team and I opened up on the scarecrow with our supernatural crime shells which inflicted damage to the Perp as it charged the K9 officer and his dog. Though it would be a mound of paperwork my team and I have done this before against other supernatural beasts in our world.”

“With the shells lighting up the sky like tracers in Afghanistan. The HCS shells managed to slow down the scarecrow, Taking the action like a priest at an exorcism ritual, Johnny “ Shaman” High-eagle used his native tracking and shaman skills to cast a divine spell that would smite and banish the scarecrow,”

“Casting a divine fire on the scarecrow, Shaman hoped that with would eliminate the threat and it began to make a high scream that would haunt us for years with the help of holy water as well. Shaman hoped that it would banish the supernatural beast. Though the conflict was only a few minutes or seconds I can't remember because of that awful scream”

“The mystical ways of Shaman managed to contain the beast and send it back to the Abyss it came from. The deputies looked at us but could not comprehend the magnitude of our bureau

investigation.”

“Taking the deputies aside I explained to them to let us fill out the report and they could just add on what they witnessed. To avoid all humbugs put out by conspiracy fans. The deputies agreed and asked how to blackout the horrid screams of the creatures. All I said to them was this still being worked out and catch a few drinks to avoid the screams if possible.”

“As this night hour came to an end my team and I caught a few hours sleep until our time again on the night of All Saints Day.” Agent Robert Mitchell badge number 250769A    

September 03, 2021 19:58

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.