0 comments

General

The waiting room where I have been waiting for 15 minutes is completely filled with zero noise. That’s because I am the only person in the waiting room. I am highly strung. The tick tock of the clock hanging on the wall is making me get irritated. I am such a chatterbox and this ‘no-person in the room to talk with’ scenario is getting me high. Ah! I’m bored. Let me introduce myself.

I’m Jane, from India. I graduated two years ago and now I work in a private company. I am a single child which means my parents are lucky so that they have to take care of just one brat in the house. I’m the annoyer of my home. My parents consider me as both the ‘boon and the bane’. My childhood days were colourful. I wandered around like a butterfly with beautiful and free wings. Unlike other kids at school, I was interested in writing or reading or scribbling rather than playing. I scribble a lot though they were all meaningless. But that doesn’t mean I am zero at sports. I ranked first in several competitions like lemon in the spoon, biscuit eating, frog race and so on which were conducted in my school during the sports day (Is that enough to prove that I do play sport?).

Being in a typical south Indian family, every single deed by the child will be appreciated by all the people/ relatives. And as the child grows into a young girl/boy, the term ‘comparison’ is introduced into his/her life. My teen days were full of mixed emotions. You know, teen days are the actual golden days of every single person. May it be a girl or a boy, everyone enjoy their teen period. Even I had some beautiful memories that make me smile every time I think of it.

I fell in love during my college days. 3 happy years with him, I had. To be precise, those 3 years were the perfect happy days of Jane’s life. Who is Jane? ME…. (Just wanna remind you my name)

I am a girl who believes in human emotions. I strongly reckon that in today’s world, human feelings/emotions are the only factor that still holds us on to be human. Humanity is lost. But it isn’t completely lost. Human emotions or feelings like love towards our parents, siblings make strengthen the bond. So, I believe in love. Those 3 years with him were awesome. He took care of me like his little one.

After his graduation, he shifted to Australia to pursue his higher studies. And it’s been 2 years since I last set my eye on him. We text each other during our free time. Sometimes we free our time to have a conversation. But the time zones of both the countries we live in don’t allow us to schedule accordingly.

Chris is sweet, fun loving and a perfect boyfriend material every girl dreams of. He calls me Munchkin. He is such a protective one who doesn’t make me feel uncomfortable. I remember him holding my hand with tears in his eyes before boarding the plane. He promised that he would come soon to take me with him.

People around me said that long distance relationship doesn’t work on well. What I ask is, does distance really matter? If you are obsessed with someone, all you see is the love between you two and the distance actually doesn’t matter. I look at our pictures every night before I hit the hay. I smile at them while remembering how sweet our days of togetherness were. 

Ugh…..

And now, I am still in the waiting room and almost finished journaling my life to you. The clock strikes 1.00 p.m. This is my official snack eating time. AEST is like 4.30hrs ahead of IST I guess. My tummy is growling of hunger pangs. I hear someone opening the door. I am in a nervous state, with my heart beating fast. I can’t explain the feeling I undergo. I stand up from the couch expecting someone.

“Munchkin!”, he looks surprised and hugs me so tight that I am unable to breathe. 

“I didn’t expect you seriously. Did you come here all the way just to see me?”, he asks.

“Yep. All these are worth the wait, right?”

I see his teary eyes mixed with happiness.

“Is it… Is it really you? Or am I dreaming?” asks Chris.

“You know, I’m actually running out of our pictures. So I came here all the way just to take a picture of us together. Because it’s like 2 yrs since we took a nice snap and I’m tired of staring at the old, too old pictures of us”, we chuckle as I say.

Chris hasn’t expecting me and I gave him a sudden surprise. I reached his office in the morning and asked his co-worker to help me meet Chris. She told me to wait in the waiting room. I didn’t tell my name as I liked to meet Chris anonymously. 

Chris promises to spend his time with me as long as I stay in Australia. He leaves his work behind and drags me to his car and here we go to explore the town. This is my first trip to Australia in search of the love of my life. Chris would experience homesick and me being with him gives immense pleasure. 

I am a food freak. And now, you exactly would have guessed the place Chris is taking me to. I stay in a hotel named…Ugh… I really don’t remember.

As I mentioned already, I am a chatterbox. Chris looks at me, nodding his head as a sign of ‘Yes, I’m listening’ as I tell him each and every thing that happened at home and whatever he missed. I feel grand as Chris is near me. This is such a great experience.

We have proved that long distance relationships do work if you are strong enough. I would never forget this day in my entire life and either doesn't Chris. How can I forget the face he made out of shock when he saw me?

Finally, after days I have a shoulder to lean on and he’s all ears. Chris holds my hand and I wish I never let go of it.  

July 09, 2020 12:36

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.