Peace Tea and Love (Message)

Written in response to: Set your story during a sudden change of season.... view prompt

2 comments

Happy

Sorry I rewrote this :)


Hey guys, I'm Jexica Marcell. Luke, - but if you don’t know him by that name - Litlover, inspired me.

His messages mean something. They mean something to so many people. They mean something to me.

1. - Downvoting

So I want you to understand something. Downvoting is NOT okay. Most of the time, it just hurts the person’s self esteem, because they think they aren’t good enough now. I would know, I’ve been downvoted a few times and it's not fun.

But this isn’t about me. This is about everyone. This is about you.

So you can make a difference by upvoting. It makes people want to try and have fun. 

Sometimes I can’t believe that people would downvote. Reedsy is a place for writing, having fun and making friends. Not hurting people.

2. - Mean, rude and disrespectful comments.

Mean comments. That is even worse. That's basically like telling it to their face. So to the people who think it's funny, you need to STOP. First of all, it's rude and totally unnecessary! 

I mean, would you like to be labeled as rude? Would you like to be told over comments that your story is horrible? If you answered no to these questions, than if you are one of these “mean commenters” you need to knock it off. (This does not apply to the people who give feedback, unless you are being disrespectful while giving the feedback.)

Think about your actions. Sometimes, they hurt.

3. - Telling people to not follow a certain person on your bio.

I honestly didn’t know that this was happening. I never thought it would. But it did. Fortunately, I’ve only seen it once.

Unfortunately, it happened. I am not a mean person, and most people know this, I would never be mean unless I had to. But when I saw this, I wanted to scream “IDIOT!” at the person. Now, I will not say their name for the sake of confidentiality, but this person had a whole FREAKING list of the people you shouldn’t follow.

I felt sad for all of those people. Being told they aren’t good enough on someone's bio? Who does that?!

(Okay, I know, I’m venting, but it's pissing me off and I felt like I had to do something about it.)

I care about EVERYONE on Reedsy, even though I don’t know most of you in real life. So don’t be one of the people who think it's okay to put a list of who NOT to follow.

4. - About the Marshmallows

The Marshmallows are like a neighborhood patrol. Or a disaster relief center. (Not meaning that stories are disasters, but meaning that we help people who feel down, and pick up their pieces by upvoting and kind comments.)

We care about people, and you should too! So join the Marshmallows!

If you want to stop downvoting and help authors, go on Litlovers story, “Marshmallow Pride” and comment, IMMA MARSHMALLOW, and then put that on your bio. If you would like details about what to put, go to Brooke D. 's bio, or mine, and copy and paste the first part.

5. - Other stuff

So first of all, I’d like to thank everyone who has made Reedsy a fun journey, such as:

🆇🅰🆅🅸🅴🆁 🅶.🆂. 🅵🅴🆁🅶🆄🆂🅾🅽

Alemseged Sisay

 

Vivek Sehgal

B. W.

Sebastian Ehlke

Kiwi Kelsey 🥝

 

Mustang Patty

 

Emily Nghiem

Anja Z

Robert Grandstaff

𝐋𝐢𝐳𝐳𝐢𝐞 𝐀𝐥𝐢𝐳𝐚

Pepper Pathis🌶

Sophia Rose

Ophoke Leonard

 

Jesna Anna s.

Aiko Toyomitsu🌙💫

Samantha Davis

Pj Casyao

Cody Mitchell

A-k-s-h-a-t A-t-a-l

Saksham Pro

Strawberry Sia 🍓🍓

 

𝔸𝕖𝕣𝕚𝕟 ℝ𝕖𝕓𝕖𝕔𝕔𝕒 ❤️

Cricketer Amogh

Lyn M

Ari Reynes

Writer Maniac

Litlover 🗡🎖🕊

 

Ana Govindasamy

Sourcheesé | ɪɴᴀᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴀᴛᴍ

Miguel Balinado

Wolfy 🐺

Malz Castell

Felicity Williams


 

Aaron Caicedo

Nainika Gupta

Angel Cross

 

Landyn Mcnamara

 

Sid the Sloth

Zara M. seacrt 🌊

Alex Allison

Tomato Timothy🍅

Follow Account

Kay Anne

Ella Healey

Anne Of the green gables

By the way, if you followed me, read this and you aren't on the list, I also mean you because without you, I would have never made it this far.

I’d also like to thank my parents, for understanding that writing is something I love to do, and helping me succeed.

So, because the title of this part is Other Stuff, I’d like to share a random poem/pledge for the Marshmallows with you, but you don’t actually have to say it.

As a Marshmallow, I swear to always help people who are downvoted and criticized.

As a Marshmallow, I will be nice and kind.

As a Marshmallow, I will share my rice.

Wait never mind.

As a Marshmallow, I pledge to be fun and crazy.

I am a Marshmallow.

 I am the definition of kindness.

I needed enough words to post this, so I just did that to help with the process.

But a few reminders:

Kindness helps others.

Love can be shared in so many ways.

From a card to a comment, making people feel better is lifting. We need more of this.

And OF COURSE, we need to have fun on Reedsy!!!

I could tell you everything, from being kind, to the mean things people have done, but you don’t want to read that.

So my friends, this message comes to an end.

Sending all my PEACE Tea and LOVE,

-Jex

Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words, Extra words.

Thanks Brooke, for the idea of Extra words ;)

November 05, 2021 15:35

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Jexica Marcell
17:31 Nov 05, 2021

OMG I RESUBMITTED THIS! So the stats on this story were: 90 comments and like 100 likes sounds like not a lot, but for me, just the fact that people even read my submissions makes me happy!!!! Hope you like this one this may be the only one because I deleted all my stories :(

Reply

Show 0 replies
Akshara P
06:19 Dec 18, 2021

read my bio ~ a little something for u :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.