9 comments

Adventure Friendship Suspense

Note: not part of prompt!

Chapter one, Star’s Prophecy

One fateful day while three cats were lounging around the unexpected happened. BEEP BEEP BEEP! “The alarm!” A silver and white tabby comes stalking out of the darkness. The slender cat meows and the beeping stops and the air becomes still. Another full brown and white cat with a white coat flicks its tail and looks at the tabby. “What happened?” Asked the dark slender cat. “Not sure but I think we need to get Cookie up,” The tabby had a worried expression on her thin face. “Alright” the brown cat responded. As the brown cat stalks off the tabby flicks its tail and sits down promptly. The tabby looks at the map of the city and gets a tingly feeling in her paws.

*MEANWHILE*

“Cookie, Cookie get up!” The brown cat shakes the light and dark brown Manx cat nicely. “Mmm….whyyy..” Cookie groans. “Because, Star needs to talk to us,” the brown cat responds, shaking Cookie again. “Fine, fine… I’ll be there in a second,” said Cookie. Star gazes at the wall for a few minutes and then Cookie and the brown cat walk into the room. Star turns around and stares at them. “Uhm..you wanted to speak to us Star?” Cookie says a little sleepy but alert like. “Yes, there is a problem. There back.” 

Chapter two, More Recruits

“WHAT?!” Cookie instantly wakes up and her eyes grow wide, her eyes dilate. “Yes..” says Star looking at her paws. “And...Maple,” The brown cat raises her head and perks her ears. “Yeah?” “I want you and Cookie to help me out with this.” Maple nods efficiently. “Yes Star. I will help you.” “Good” Cookie is looking at her paws nervously and Cookie’s ears are flattened down. Star sees Cookie and slowly walks up to her. With a flick of her tail Maple knows to leave. “What’s wrong?” Star asks after Maple leaves and then, sits beside Cookie. “I’m just worried..last time you got that scar.” Cookie responds. “I know it’s scary but we need to find more recruits.” Cookie sniffs and nods slowly. “O-ok..” Maple walks back in. An orange and white Persian cat stalks in and growls loudly. “Lucifer!” Star exclaims. Lucifer glances at her and smiles. “Star! My old friend!” Lucifer responds. Star grins and gives the huge cat an embracing hug.

Cookie looks confused while Maple is grinning in amusement. Lucifer turns to Maple. “Maple!” He exclaims. Maple smiles widely and hugs him. “Yup it’s me!” “Who is this?” Cookie asks ears drawn back and is growling deep in her throat. Star walks over to Cookie. “Cookie this is Lucifer, Lucifer Cookie.” “Pleasure to meet you” Lucifer says with a bow. Cookie grins and flicks her tail in amusement. “Same with you Lucifer. But, why is he here?” “Not sure actually. Lucifer, why are you here?” Star asks. “I’m here to help because I heard that there was trouble.” Lucifer says rather proudly. “Oh, okie!” Cookie says politely.

Star looks at the map of the city. “We need more recruits,” Star finally says.  Lucifer nods. “I’ll gather more immediately.” Lucifer bounds off followed by Maple. “Cookie you will go to the other clan and see if anyone is there. There will be an all white tabby and she will greet you. Just make sure to say your leader is Star and she’ll know you're safe.” “Oh ok!” Cookie says and bounds off as well. Sigh… thought Star. Not again…

Chapter three, The dogs

A slim brown dog emerges from the darkness. “Pack! Pack!” The dog calls. All the other dogs look up to the huge dog. “Pack pack! Time has come! Kill kill!” The dogs bark loudly and their leader howls and the rest do as well. “ Pack pack kill cats all cats kill kill” The dogs roar in happiness. “Hunt Chief,” a black dog asks. The brown dog looks at him with a mischievous smile. “Yes…” Hunt Chief’s voice is so scary and harsh that all the dogs flinch when he talks. “How do we kill cats? How do we kill all cats?” The black dog was looking dreadfully at Hunt Chief. “We use teeth.” Hunt Chief bares his teeth and jumps down to the black dog. “Like this!” Now, I must not describe how horrible this was because it truly was a sad time for the poor dog black dog. But the black dog had died. And that was that. Hunt Chief looked at all the dogs and they looked at his bloody jaws and they dare not come up to him. “Now pack pack, kill kill!” All the dogs rushed off and were snarling and barking. And yelling, “PACK PACK, KILL KILL” 

Chapter four, Not a choice. Not anymore

Lucifer and Maple walk up near the alley and see all the cats in the shadows. “Hello?” Lucifer shouts. Maple follows him in a little slower. The cats hiss as Lucifer and Maple inch closer. A huge all orange cat leaps down to them. “What are you here for…” the fluffy cat asks. “We were sent from Star,” “Star?!” “Yes now I know you too- “why? What does she want now?!” The orange cat lets out a hiss. “TRIVIA” Lucifer shouts. “What…” “there back” “who’s back..?” “Remember..? Pack pack...kill kill..” Trivia gives a long thought about this and her eyes then dilate and she purrs respectively. “Does she need my help?” “Yes. We are planning an attack. But we need your clan to work with us too. They're stronger than they were before.” Trivia flicks her tail and yowls. Her clan leaps from heights and lands perfectly. They all stand behind her.

“Where is Star.” Trivia asks. “Follow me” a light brown cat hisses. “Why do we have to!? Don’t we have a choice?” Lucifer looks at the cat. “It’s not a choice, not anymore.”

Chapter five, Tough luck, now suck it up

Cookie walks into a rather dark room. She then sees a bright cat. It’s all gray but it’s shining. “Who are you…” the cat asks. “I-I’m Cookie and I was sent by Star to get you… there is trouble.” The gray cat gains interest and perks his ears. “I’m listening..” “there back” Cookie manages to choke out. The gray cat's eyes are huge and then her ears go back a little. “She needs help huh?” “Y-yes. And this time there stronger than ever.” “Nice to meet you Cookie I’m Silver, Star's cousin.” “Nice to meet you too Sliver,” Cookie grins. “Is something wrong?” “No, I'm just scared…” “Well what I always say, ‘Tough luck, now suck it up’” Cookie nods. “Ok well Star said you had a clan… I don’t see it.” “That’s because..” Silver pounds his paw on what appeared to be ice and then out of the darkness orange, yellow, and red eyes pop out of the darkness.

“Clan, this is Cookie. My cousin needs great help. You will fight in battle.” The cats hiss and meow loudly as if to say, “Yes Silver!” The cats emerged from behind Silver and Silver smiles. “Lead the way.” Cookie grins and bounds off to where Stars cave was hidden.

Chapter six, Blood and Bone

Star had met up with the Shadows clan and finally the Light clan. Star’s clan was, well, Star clan. Star sat proudly on her high rock. “We have a problem. As my close friends have told you, there back. And I have searched and I found a few things, Blood and bones.” All the cats murmur around and Star waits for silence. “We are planning to attack.” Some cats hiss and growl in anger, while others yowl bravely and respectively. “We will launch the attack in five days. We must plan.” Lucifer all the sudden jumps up next to Star and says, “now I know a lot of you have had a bad past with Star,” Lucifer glances at Trivia. “But trust me, this is not a joke. They are stronger than they were before and they won’t rest this time. It’ll be hard but it’s going to be alright.” A few cats purr a little in reassurance and others stop there hissing and yowling and just think.

Now it grew quiet for those few cold, sad, thoughtful moments. Silver leaped to the rock that Star was sitting on. “I have a plan!”

Chapter seven, The Plan

“What is it?” A few cats now murmured and the silence was broken. “Now, here is the plan,” all the cats grew quiet. “What do dogs like? They like food of course! So we give them just that. That’s how we lure them in.” All the cat’s nod and whisper in agreement. “And then we attack” all the cats grow quiet. “What about the elders?” Trivia asks coldly. Also jumping on the rock. “We protect them. They are weaker and we are stronger. No offense.” All the elders speak at once and you can hear all the old, sad voices. “Non’ taken” Silver continues on, “The warriors and leader will fight. And if we must send elders, ONLY and I repeat ONLY, if we need backup will we send elders.” It grows quiet as cats breathe slowly and think about all of this. Star breaks the silence, “what will we feed them?” Silver opens his mouth as if to say something but then stops himself and thinks as if he hadn’t thought about this.

“We feed them prey. Anything they like. Birds,deer,squirrels, anything!” All the cats are looking at Silver like he had said that they needed to kill the dogs with sticks. “How long will this take?” Trivia asks. “Not sure.” All cats murmur. Star answers when they quiet. “We only have five days. We can’t hunt that much prey even with all of us if we tried.” Silver stops as if he was about to say something he really didn’t want to say. “That’s why, we find Scar.”

Chapter eight, Why Scar is so Bad

“What?!” Star and Trivia both sink. Every cat hissed and yowled in furry. “They are the only ones who could help us with- “NO!” Trivia yowls furiously. “NEVER! SCAR HAS HURT ALL OF ARE CLANS!” Lucifer is watching intently and growling deeply. “HE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN HELP!” “I’M NOT RISKING MY LIFE FOR THAT, THAT…THAT LITTLE JERK!” “STOP!” Star had yowled so loudly and furiously that it echoed through the cave. Silence. “Stop fighting! You sound like little kits fighting over scraps!” Trivia and Silver look down ashamed. “Scar is bad and we all know it.” Cats hiss in the mention of the name but also in agreement. “We must at least TRY to work with Scar.” Cats growl in disagreement and then silence. “My clan will go.” Says Star. “But your clan is gone Star,” Silver says. “Not entirely” Star flicks her tail, pounds her paws, and then yowls an ear piercing yowl.

Cats with silver coats and yellow eyes emerge from the shadows. Star doesn’t look back to see if they are there. She just knows.

Chapter nine, Scar the murderer

Star’s clan walks in my cave. It’s full of blood and bones. And yes, I am Scar. I was at the meetings and dogs. My pelt is so dark you can’t even see me. Not even the dogs could sent me. “Hello? Scar?” I hiss. “What do you want Star…?” I knew what she wanted. I just wanted to see if she’d lie. “I need your clan to help us. And don’t ask, ‘for what’ I knew you were in the crowd. I recognize that pelt anywhere.” I hesitate. “Fine I’ll help. But what’s in it for me?” I can hear Star’s soft, slow breathing. “Peace.” I laugh. “HA! Peace! I’m the one who broke the peace! You think I want it back!?” I chuckle and then stop. “Your clan will die if you don’t help Scar” I hesitate to speak. Then I pound my paw down and yowl. “Clan, time to attack!” 

Chapter ten, What The Dogs Do Next

The brown dog has a black cat in its jaws. He drops it and sees a huge cave and sniffs. “Pack pack! Cave where cats live!” All the dogs run inside of it. All you could hear was the sounds of screaming, howling, yowling, and then silence.

Chapter eleven, Too Late

My clan and Star’s clan run in very fast into the cave. There are cats trembling in fear and dogs on the ground as well as cats. “They’ve already attacked. Star, it’s too late to come up with a plan, they’ve already got one. To kill.” I hesitate. Star looks at me. “Well, how do you know..?” She looks at me with a smirk of amusement. Like she was challenging me. “I was there.” “Where?” “A meeting. They couldn’t see me or scent  me. They had too strong of a scent of dog. They're planning to kill all the cats.” I pause. “And their leader is Hunt Chief.” Star walks up to the cats and licks them of their wounds. “I saw him..” Cookie says. “With huge jaws the size of a cave and red eyes the color of fresh blood and a nose as black as coal. His pelt was made of steel and painted brown to fool the eye” Star turns to me. “Is this true?” I nod. “Very much so. Cookie,” Cookie looks at me. “Did you try and fight him?” Cookie takes a few minutes and then answers, “yes and no. I bit his leg but it hurt my teeth so I let go. He never laid a paw on me.” I hear Star sigh with relief. “So, what do we do now?” I see Silver and I grin and he answers, “we use your plan. We attack.”

January 19, 2021 17:49

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

9 comments

J The Hedgehog
18:02 Jan 19, 2021

Wow give me more plz

Reply

Show 0 replies
J The Hedgehog
00:51 Jan 28, 2021

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
J The Hedgehog
00:51 Jan 28, 2021

Wwwwwwwooooooowwwww

Reply

Show 0 replies
J The Hedgehog
00:51 Jan 28, 2021

Yassss queen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
18:07 Jan 19, 2021

:3

Reply

Show 0 replies
17:57 Jan 19, 2021

Lol. The, “pack pack. Kill kill.” Is from my favorite book series called, WARRIORS. It’s a good series and I kinda used that feel to this.

Reply

Show 0 replies
TJ Squared
17:14 Mar 03, 2021

woah. the first thing i noticed was a bunch of grammer problems. all throughout the story, you kept using "Yes, there is a problem. There back". But the proper spelling is "They're back" or even "They are back". Next, "NEVER! SCAR HAS HURT ALL OF ARE CLANS!" that would be 'our'. I saw a lot of sentences that were not capitalized (and chapter names too). And finally, try to chop up your paragraphs and dialouge. Let me show you an example. “What is it?” A few cats now murmured and the silence was broken. “Now, here is the plan,” all the cat...

Reply

17:20 Mar 03, 2021

Oh, XD the thing you’ll find out about me is that I sucks at grammer

Reply

TJ Squared
18:15 Mar 03, 2021

it's okay tho :) Everyone has to suck at something i suppose :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.