0 comments

Adventure Coming of Age Speculative

To this day I have received no logical explanation for what happen once upon a time, decades ago. It was night time and I had gone for an evening swim off the coast of Miami Beach Island. I had felt something brush my leg and not wanting to take any chances head for shore as fast as I could. I sat that reflecting on what it could have been as I stared out at the night sky. Then my whole world disappeared into blackness. I didn’t black out; I was fully conscious. I felt something akin to a bullet shot through my brain but I knew that wasn’t happening. Then still enclosed in total blackness I heard my dead grandmother saying happy birthday and merry Christmas. The blackness left and I was sitting on the beach starring at the stars.

     Some people would call that a spiritual encounter other might claim an alien had decided to study me. Personal it brought to mind the book of the bible called, “The song of Solomon.” There is a verse that says.” I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.” I had been taught about this III king of Israel the son of King David the II King of Israel and the widow David took as his wife Bathsheba. Solomon had asked G*D for wisdom yet as he grew older, he turned from G*D and worshipped other deity’s, He became evil and caused the division of Israel from being twelve tribes to being ten. With that I mind I knew to procedure with a great deal of caution. 

   I got up and left the beach to head to where I was staying for a while. Because I had come to Miami beach to place a prayer at the resting place of my kin, I really wasn’t that surprised that something had happened. I been on a spirit quest for a few months so I was prepared for things to get a little out of the ordinary. I pondered the reality that something had effect both my visual and audio senses and there for my brain. Hell for all I knew I could be slipping down the slope into insanity. Yet I knew a spirit quest was not something to approach with a head full of scientific knowledge.

   They say the color black is formed by the absorbing of all other colors. Okay so I was going to be absorbing some stuff. Hearing from my dead grandmother was a bit unexpected but not really frightening. So, I knew my journey would include a familiar. With these thoughts spinning around in my mind I figured it was time for some sleep. I also knew I was going to have to think a little more along the lines of Buddhism and Hinduism because they aren’t as freaked out about this kind of stuff like other religions. Put the major point I had to keep in mind is that this spirit quest was request by a Native American tribal elder so a whole lot of interesting were most unlikely going to happen.

   When I woke up I remembered that my grandfather had been stationed in Australia during WWII and had made friends with some Aboriginal Australians. In fact, one of their elders had given him a handmade cradle so I had to calculate that my spirit quest also might be consider a walk about. Sort of the same but different rules. So here I am on an island working for $2.01 cents an hour as a waitress. I’m staying in a hotel were I’m paying my rent by doing maid work. Yet I have to remain sane while I figure out what going on. I go to my room and I’m staring at myself in the mirror when suddenly my reflection is gone. For real. I can see the room, I know I’m sitting there looking in the mirror but there is no me. Well hell this is some vampire rule stuff, not being able to se you own reflection. I get up and go lay down into the bathroom and lay down on the floor. Figure since I’m not sure what going on it’s the safest place to be. Taking deep breaths, I suddenly got what happened. Even though I could not see my image I knew for a fact that I still was. So therefore, no matter what people saw when they looked at me I knew that I was.

    I started thinking about eye’s since so far in this journey this is the part of my senses world that was getting the most intel. All people have black pupils in the center of their eyes, or at least the vast majority of people. Also, many creatures that inhabit the planet earth also have this trait. Now when Moses was on the mountain top preparing to meet with Pharaoh, he had been told “ And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?

And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.”(King James Bible. Book of Exodus, Chapter 3 verses 13 and 14)

   Now this might sound foolish but maybe for a brief second the pupil of the eye of G*D had taken a quick look at me to see what I was all about or maybe some other deity had done so. Either way total blackness had been made known to my brain, a disappearing mirror image hade been made know to my brain and yet me, myself and I were still very much alive and real. With that being said I figured it was time to head up to New York and continue my journey there.

     My journey still to this day continues. However, one definite fact is now a truth in my life. I know longer see or hear things like most other people. It’s like a veil of ignorance has been lifted. So from out of the blackness has come enlightenment.

May 02, 2021 22:52

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.