0 comments

Coming of Age Fantasy Sad

It was seventh day of Professor Elisa in the hospital. She got severe head injuries and many minor wounds on her body in a horrible car accident. In this accident, she lost her husband Doctor Salem. They both were coming back home after attending a function late at night. Their car struck against a fast moving dumper from the opposite side. A sudden collision darkened Elisa’s eyes and senses and then she was unaware of the further nuisance.

After a week long intensive care and cure by the doctors, now she was somewhat normal and could imagine the events happened with her in the near past. At the moment it was the time of afternoon. She sipped coffee and tried to focus the causes and consequences of the awful calamities with her.

Soon her feelings stretched her back into the far past. Edges of the imagination capsule clutch the veracities of destiny. Elisa feels a devastation of thoughts in her sweltering mind. She looks here and there on the walls in immense bewilderment and privation of present times. The present seems preserved in the prophecies of past. Even the future came in line of the versatile happenings planned through long past.

Elisa envisages about a fine day of her childhood. It was a day in the company of her mother when she was only a seven years old child. That very day had it specific sketches which become evident in her life though the day and her mother Farah were now buried in the times of yore.

Farah was a practitioner astrologist of prestige. She used to forecast the coming events of many people through her excellent knowledge of astrology. On that particular day, she was engrossed in some novel notions for her loving daughter Elisa. She would never divulge the astrological prospects of Elisa’s rest of life. Farah was not in her typical status on the day. She seemed a slave of her subconscious visualization and sat to reveal the secrets of the daughter’s imminent days.

The astrology forced Farah a lot to foretell much about the youth of her beloved daughter Elisa. Even she revealed some events from the age long old times of Elisa. Though Elisa knew not the outcomes of the talks yet she kept on listening about her future vistas with keen interest. She was taking it as a usual story listened for fun. The predictions had many gleeful as well as numerous callous events on life lore’s seams.

Elisa remembers that particular day when her mother sat near her on the bed. She took Elisa’s head in her lap. Fondling with fingers in the blonds hair of Elisa, she began to presage the whole synopsis of Elisa’s life long occurrences in the future. Elisa was eager enough to listen it all with more and more interest on each passing instant. At the times, she was conceiving it just a fascinating story.

The mother foretold much about her daughter’s future life at an early childhood phase. She predicted about Elisa’s study successes, her interests of games, her job opportunities, her health hazards and even her married life. Farah forecasted the whole future of Elisa in advance. She even mentioned the friends of Elisa, her children, profession of her husband and almost all the significant happenings in Elisa’s life. But Farah hadn’t fret of it by then. She was taking the whole talk as a story told by a mother to her daughter in a conventional way.

Farah was alive when Elisa passed her A Level examination with a distinction. It was a great pleasure for Elisa, her parents and friends. On this grand achievement, her mother cited her earlier prediction but Elisa did not approve her mother’s views. She took herself as a realistic girl. She had no belief in astrological predictions.

From the wits of conscious endorsements Elisa entered into the niches of her subconscious and unconscious realms. Her early teenage typhoid fever with about a month of hospitalization, she could remember the foretold occurrence of the disease by her mother. On that particular day of predictions, Farah warned her of a long time disease marked at the age of fourteen. On her hospital bed, mother had realized Elisa of the past prediction but Elisa had no belief in fortunetelling tactics.

The coping of the life etched prophecies brought Elisa back to her past. The thoughts penetrated into her mind in depth to unfold the life long events one after the other. Almost all the happenings of the gone days were as clear to Elisa just like the ones foretold by her mother. She could bear in mind the prophecy of her mother in which she had anticipated a gold medal in master degree from the university. When she came back home after winning the award, her mother realized her of the already made prophecy about this success. Elisa had a notion to believe in that very prophecy but then she suddenly declined the idea and laughed on her mother’s talk.

The conceptual claim of her mother’s prophecies revitalized many paces of life tracks on fortune frames. She got the notion of her foreign travel predicted by her astrologist mother. She was confused on her believing or distrusting trends of the prophecies. She could also remember that the duration of her foreign stay was also in accordance with the earlier predictions.

The flight of imagination brought Elisa near to her splendid marriage with a doctor just in lines of the predictions. The place and age of marriage were also in accordance with the plans of Farah’s prophecies. Though she was not tolerating the happenings on proofs of predictions by then but seemed true now. She examined that almost all the accidents or ceremonies of her life were taking place just in lines of her mother’s prophecies foretold much in advance at a day in her childhood.

On the sequence of prophecies pitching verifications, she got a flash on the prophecy of her mother regarding the death of her husband in a car accident a month after the birth of her second child. This very notion shattered her entire passions. A wave of dreadful hurting gripped hardly her brain. Grasping her head in hands she called for a nurse who served her some tablets. Then with the mitigating effect of the medicines, she was soon asleep.

At about the middle of following night, she wakes up from the long and painful dizziness. She feels a little better of headache and relief from pains of other body injuries. She manages her to sit on the bed with the support of pillows. With a breath of relaxation, she begins to think and those very thoughts fetch her back on the past track of life.

The whole reel of her life was on display before Elisa. She had full span vision on each big and small event of her life. Meanwhile she remembers the day when her mother had foretold his life long events long back in her childhood. She was fully immersed in the prophecies narrated by her mother.

Now she had a strong belief in those prophecies though she had no care about astrological predictions so far. With the many occurrences of her life, she visualized the foretold predictions. The happenings had revolutionized her views and visions. The time had transformed into an apt believer of astrological findings about future fortunes. She was once critic on her mother’s fortune telling works but now she was admirer of the knowledge of her deceased mother Farah.

This turning point of belief in astrological findings then took Elisa towards future. She begins to memorize her mother’s prophecies about her remaining life. Many prophecies had their connections with her children Jacob and Nina. A forlorn prophecy of those predictions was about the demise of her daughter Nina. The prophecy indicated death of Nina due to an appalling fall from a sky-scraping building. She cried on it bitterly.

“Oh! Will it happen?  Is it certain that I will lose my Tina?” she keeps on conceiving the prophecies.

With this horrifying future prediction, she finds her helpless to cope with her life etched in the prophecies. The intense pain whirls her brain and she soon drowns into slumber once again.

October 09, 2020 04:39

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.