27 comments

Romance Drama Happy

A pretty girl of twenty-one was sitting on the bench with her family at the railway station. They were waiting for the train. “ You should join us, it will be fun.” Her younger sister, Kosha excitedly said.

“No, you know, I’ve to work on my novel,” Suhi replied.

“O my dear sister, you are saying the same thing for the last two months. But still, you haven’t written a single word.”

“O yea, because I’m still finding inspiration for my novel.”

“Inspiration may be waiting for you at the marriage ceremony. I’m telling you, you should not waste this chance.”

“She will get inspiration from her dark room.” Mother rolled her eyes and said.

“You know it, Mom, I don’t like ceremonies,” Suhi said.

“Don’t tease my sweet daughter if she’s not willing to go then it’s fine.” Father looked at her and said, “We’ll be back in one week, okay, take care of yourself.”

Suhi smiled and said, “Sure dad.”

The train arrived, and Suhi bid farewell to them. When they departed, she sat on the bench again and begin to stare at the people around. She saw a boy of 12 years crying at some distance. “ Why he is crying? Poor child ” she thought. People were passing by him but nobody stopped. “Ah! The world is full of humans, but there is no human in this world to help you in your misery.” She thought and moved toward him but she stopped when she saw a young man reach him. She was unable to hear them but she could see that the boy was in some trouble and that gentleman was trying to help him. Secretly, she took a photo of them with her camera. “Angel,” she whispered and went home. She posted that photo on the wall in her room and started to write a novel. She wrote till she felt hungry. She saw the clock on the wall. It was 11:30 pm on the clock. She went to the kitchen. There was nothing to eat then she took keys, bag, and camera and went out. She reached a restaurant, where while eating she saw that young man. “Angel,” she whispered and took his picture secretly. When he left she followed him. Secretly she followed him from the restaurant to the streets. She lost him after a street turn. Suddenly, he appeared and asked, “Why are you following me?”

“Sorry, I’m not following you.” She replied and walked.

He moved on and snatched her camera, checked it, and said, “Who are you? Are you a robber? Or a spy? But why the hell a spy will follow me? Who are you?”

She stopped and said, “I’m neither a robber nor a spy.”

“Then what?”

“I’m a writer and I was not following you. This is my house.” She said while pointing to the door.

“Sorry, so you are my neighbor. I just shifted in this house.” He said while pointing to his house.

“O great,  glad to meet you. I’m Suhi.”

“And I’m Josh.” While returning her camera he said.

“Who is in your family?”

“Dad.”

“I’ve mom, dad, and a sweet younger sister.”

“A complete family.” He said with an adorable smile.

“They are out of the city. We will invite you to dinner, once they returned.”

“Alright. See you in the morning. Okay, good night.” He said and went inside.

“Shit, why the hell I was following him.” She said to herself and went inside.

**

In the morning doorbell rang and Suhi opened the door.

“Josh, Please come inside.” She said.

“Did I disturb you?” he asked.

“Not at all, Angel.”

“Did you call me Angel?”

“I said I’m pleased to see you again.” She murmured, “I will love to see you again and again.”

“What are you murmuring?”

“Nothing. Please sit,” she said while pointing to the couch in the hall.

He sat down and said politely “Why did you take my picture in the restaurant?”

“I didn’t take any pictures.” She hesitantly replied.

“I saw my picture in your camera.”

“O that picture. That was for my novel.” She nervously said.

“Strange. I never saw a writer taking pictures for his novel.”

“Because I love photography as well.”

“Okay, so you randomly take pictures of anyone?”

“No, I take pictures of only special ones.”

“So, I’m special to you?”

“Would you like to have a cup of coffee?” She asked by changing the topic.

“Sure.” He said.

She went and brought two cups of coffee and they enjoyed it together.

“How many novels have you written? He asked while taking a sip of coffee.

“It’s my first novel. you didn’t tell me about yourself.”

“I’m a game developer.”

How many games have you developed?”

He looked away and said, “I’m working on my first game.”

They looked at each other and laughed. He spent the whole day With her. He visited her every day. After a few days, her family returned. One morning when Josh arrived, Kosha opened the door and said, “Yes, what do you want?”

“You are Kosha. Right? He excitedly asked.

“Yes, but who are you,” she was surprised.

“I’m Josh, Your neighbor, and friend of Suhi.”

“Okay, please come inside.”

“Thank you, little princess.” He said and sat in the hall.

She went to her room and said, “Suhi, someone is waiting for you in the hall.”

“Is he Josh?” she excitedly asked.

“Yes, but who is he?”

“He is a friend.”

“Your excitement and shine in the eyes tell something else.”

“What do you mean?”

“Nothing.”

“Okay, he is waiting for me.” She quickly moved to the hall.

“Hello, Suhi I have good news.”

“Really?”

“They loved my game and they are offering me a good job. I’ve to leave the city.”

She was frozen for a moment. Then she asked with a fake smile, “Really?”

“Yes, I’m so happy.” He held her hands and said, “you are my lucky charm Suhi, I was longing for a long for this opportunity. And finally, I got it. I’m so happy.”

“I’m happy for you.”

“But I’ll miss you.”

“But I’ll not.”

He smiled and said, “Okay I have to leave.” He bade farewell to her and went.

Suhi with tears in her eyes went to her room. Her younger sister asked, “What happened?”

“He is gone.”

“Who is gone?”

“Josh is gone.”

“Where has he gone?”

“He is leaving the city.”

“You love him? Right? I knew it. You should stop him, my stupid sister.”

“I don’t know but my heart is bleeding upon his departure.”

“Then, what are you waiting for? Go and stop him.”

“I can’t. I can’t spoil his happiness and his career.”

“Love increases happiness, not spoils. You should tell him.”

“Are you sure, I should go?”

“Yes, you must go.”

She went to his house and came to know that he has left for the railway station. She was breathless when she reached the railway station. When she saw Josh sitting on the bench she took a deep breath. She slowly moved and sat beside Josh. Silence prevailed for a while then she spoke with a soft tone, “I want to share my every happiness and my every grief with you.” She looked into his eyes and said,  “I want to smile with you, I want to cry with you. You are my love, you are my strength, you are my peace. I want to begin my life with you from the beginning. I want to be with you to the grave. I don’t know what to say, but I’m in love with you. It’s hurt to see you going away. I’m not saying to abandon your job but please don’t abandon my love.”

“I can feel your love from day one. I saw you at the railway station for the first time, when you clicked my picture. Then at the restaurant.” He smiled and said, “and it was not a coincidence.”

“What?” she surprisingly asked.

The train arrived. While picking up his bag he said, “I am leaving for one week only. I’ll be back to you.” He kissed her forehead and said, “you are the best thing that happened to me.”

He departed.

November 11, 2022 08:37

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

27 comments

Andrew Evans
19:12 Nov 11, 2022

A lovely and intriguing story, thank you.

Reply

Samreen Fatima
03:33 Nov 12, 2022

Thanks for reading.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Corina P
09:08 Nov 24, 2022

i love this quote 'Love increases happiness, not spoils.' short and sweet romance, enjoyed it!

Reply

Samreen Fatima
09:38 Nov 24, 2022

Thanks Corina . I'm glad to know that you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Stevie Burges
07:51 Nov 24, 2022

A lovely story - thoroughly enjoyed it.

Reply

Samreen Fatima
08:21 Nov 24, 2022

Thank you Stevie . Thanks for commenting.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Graham Kinross
06:31 Nov 23, 2022

They’re a cute couple. Will there be a sequel to this?

Reply

Samreen Fatima
03:24 Nov 24, 2022

Thanks for the reading Graham. And i didn't think about the sequel yet.

Reply

Graham Kinross
03:39 Nov 24, 2022

You should go for it. The characters growing with each new story is a great experience and it challenges you to fit their journey to the new prompts. It can also be easier than coming up with a new story because you have the characters and the setting already established.

Reply

Samreen Fatima
08:16 Nov 24, 2022

You are right. Thanks for the precious suggestion. I'll definitely try. I never thought about the sequel before but now I'll InshaAllah.

Reply

Graham Kinross
08:51 Nov 24, 2022

I look forward to it. Let me know when your next story is up.

Reply

Samreen Fatima
09:41 Nov 24, 2022

Sure

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Wendy Kaminski
04:45 Nov 23, 2022

Beautiful, Samreen! Thank you for the wonderful read!

Reply

Samreen Fatima
04:49 Nov 23, 2022

Thank you

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Nayab Sherazi
02:11 Nov 16, 2022

Ultimately Superb!❣️

Reply

Samreen Fatima
02:15 Nov 16, 2022

Thank you

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Arsalan Haider
07:03 Nov 15, 2022

Very nice and lovely story ☺️

Reply

Samreen Fatima
07:41 Nov 15, 2022

Thanks 👍

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Mike Panasitti
15:52 Nov 14, 2022

This has the feel of a 19th century romance. Is the story set in another time? Josh is a game developer, so most likely not. In that case, is love much more pure and gratifying wherever it is you write from? It seems we have love that is from the 19th century in a 21st century setting. Is this possible?

Reply

Samreen Fatima
06:22 Nov 15, 2022

Do you think that all the people of the 19th century were pure? And all the people of the 21 century are corrupt? by the way, I wrote this according to my culture (pakistan). And you asked, is love much more pure there wherever I'm from? So the simple answer is that this type of love is rare no doubt, but it's still present.

Reply

Mike Panasitti
07:11 Nov 15, 2022

No Samreen, I definitely do not think the 19th century entirely pure and the 21st entirely corrupt, but literary depictions of love have unquestionably changed over the course of time. Perhaps love still has a more traditional form in Pakistan than it currently does in the States where I'm located, and where cynicism often has the final say in many, relationships. Maybe you were portraying a love that is universal, but as you say, rare (and becoming rarer)? Thank you for allowing me to further elaborate my thoughts. And your very welcome. ...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Samreen Fatima
06:22 Nov 15, 2022

And Thanks for the reading.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Hannah K
14:59 Jan 19, 2023

Hi Samreen! I remember commenting on your story, "End of Pain." I reset my account and some of my info got erased. I actually tried to remember your name and find your profile, but wasn't able to, so I'm glad you found mine. This was a really sweet story. I'm a big fan of wholesome romances. From the way he helped the young boy, I can tell Josh has a big heart and strong character. I also found it funny, as well as cute, how the main character took a photograph and followed an unknown person around because he inspired her novel. Then when ...

Reply

Samreen Fatima
15:31 Jan 19, 2023

Hey Hannah! I'm glad you tried to find my account, and we confronted again. And thanks for the feedback. Romance is my favorite too. And yes she fell in love with him at first sight.

Reply

Hannah K
15:32 Jan 19, 2023

So sweet! 💓

Reply

Samreen Fatima
15:47 Jan 19, 2023

😊

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.