With love and an axe

Submitted into Contest #16 in response to: Write a story that involves love at first sight.... view prompt

0 comments

Romance

My heart beat an ominous rhythm. Unfamiliar to me. A sensation described as ‘butterflies in the stomach’ is something the media, my parents, and books, many books speak about. They drone on and on about this ‘take my breath away’ moment two people experience when they lock eyes. They experience sweaty palms, rapid breathing and a tightness in their chest, just like what I am feeling now. Is this love? Is the sight in front of me inducing this sensation? What is this thing I am feeling? This cocktail of neuro chemicals that makes me feel weak yet strong. My mouth went dry and I could feel my body vibrate with need. This is it, this defining moment in my life that will change everything. In my seventeen years of living this is it, I am feeling it. My blonde hair blowing away from my freckled face gave me a better view of her lithe form. Shadows hid me from her. My hands gripped tighter until their veins stood out a rich blue above my skin.

I have walked this path many times, stood and watched people scurry to and from their destinations. This epicenter of my city that allowed me to study humanity in all of its forms. Tonight is different. Tonight hope came in an unsuspecting form. Her fragrance of lilacs, the same perfume my sister wore, heralded her arrival. Tonight I happened to choose this doorway, the one with the broken door and forgotten items from what was once a hardware store. Tonight she came.

I stepped into her view, eyes widening, pupils dilating, her mouth parted, pink tongue wetting full lips. Yes, she feels it too. She knows. This is it, the defining moment that will change her life, our lives, forever. I trembled and she trembled. I stepped forward and she stepped back. Her heels making a hard click on the asphalt. I stopped and she stopped.

In an effort to contain my enthusiasm I paused and stared at the form before me, there was never a more beautiful sight. I have never seen her before in this hub of humanity. She is a ray of light in the din. People made their way through here and never peaked my interest until tonight.

My hands began to sweat and my body felt things I have never experienced before. Fairy tales and romance novels didn’t do the feeling justice. Pale skin, small hands, pink colored nail polish and a brunette. The dark locks fanned out in the night air, she is exquisite. She possessed that something I had been longing for. That something I dreamed of. That something that the historical greats of the world described as a victim. Arms raised she began to scream. The borrowed axe landed once splitting her skull, ruining that delicious visage. Ah, yes finally I know what this is. My sister described it to me once while straightening her brunette locks, sitting nude primping for another man that would never come, it is what she called love at first sight.

 


November 19, 2019 17:30

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.