An Alien with powers 👽 part 2

Submitted into Contest #67 in response to: Write a space adventure story that features a visit to an alien marketplace.... view prompt

29 comments

Adventure Happy Friendship

An Alien with powers part 2 (also know as "My unknown power.")

Lenoa = a planet where Emily was born 

Leansburg = where the orphanage is on Earth. 

Lenonians = people of Lenoa. 

                                      ~~~~~~

2 months have passed. I am still waiting for the answers to my questions. Sometimes I wonder if it is all a lie, and that I am not what I was said to be. Maybe I am just a normal girl like others. So many depressing thoughts come to my mind I try to push them away but every attempt is proved useless. But thanks to Lily (my best friend) I am always able to forget about those things. Lilly is so sweet and fun- loving that it is hard to stay in a bad mood for a long time. She always finds a way to cheer me up. She is the only one in this whole world that has befriended me. 

Sometimes I think about how it would feel to have a family. 

I try to remember my parent's faces but no matter what I do or how hard I try, I can't seem to remember them. However I get the same nightmares every time, in which their faces are always blurred out. I wish I possessed a photo of them. 

                                        ~~~~~~

It's another horrible day at the orphanage in Leansburg and I am so sick of the beatings and the same routine which I have been following for years. I am just so frustrated at myself for not coming up with a plan to escape and be free. 

I try to correct my mistakes every time so that I won't get beaten. From what I've learned till now it's isn't about my  mistakes it's just about taking out their frustration and anger on me. Isn't that cruel? Well, if you ask me, I think it is very cruel. But Lily doesn't think so. She says that they have every right to beat us, because they are our guardians until we grow up. I disagree with her there. Even if we are orphans, with no-one to take care of us, and they are raising us, it doesn't mean that they can treat us however they want. Sadly, we all are stuck here until we turn 18 which, for me, is a long time, because I only turned 15 four months ago. When we turn 18, we will be sold as slaves. 

“Hey! What are you thinking about? ” Lily asked, appearing out of nowhere. 

“Woah! Where did you come from? You scared the life out of me.” 

“I am coming from the dorm. I just finished my assignments

 I am sorry for scaring you.”

“It's alright. Oh! Did you finish your chores?” I asked, suddenly remembering that I hadn't done my chores yet. 

“Yes. In fact, I finished them after lunch.” she responded. 

“Oh my gosh! I still have to finish mine.” I say. 

turning towards where the kitchen is. If you are wondering, I help the cook in preparing dinner. 

Rushing inside the kitchen I bump into Jennifer, one of my classmates. 

“Watch where you are going, dork!” she yells, putting a pot filled with water on the stove. 

I ignore her and start cutting the onions. After cutting the onions I go over to the cook and ask for more instructions. 

“Go cut zee tomatoes, then fry zee onions ” she says in a French accent. 

That's what I do. I go and cut the tomatoes. After I  have done that, I fry the onions and head to the washing area and wash my clothes. After I am done with that I sweep the hall. And I am done for now. Later I will just have to wash the dishes after dinner. 

I head back to the dormitory and make my bed before

  Miss Clara does her inspection. 

Now that I am done with all the chores, I go to the library so that I can read a little before dinner. 

When I open the door I see a flash of light. I switch on the lights and move closer so that I can take a better look at it. To my surprise it is a ball of light. The light stops moving and starts to take the form of a human. I rush towards the door, so that I can escape but the light-figure quickly locks the door. I try not to scream as the human figure turns into a beautiful woman with brown hair and bright blue eyes. She steps forward in my direction revealing the rest of her body. She is wearing an armor and a sword is strapped to her waist. I stand there mouth agape. 

I wonder how this ball of light can take a woman's form. 

It's so strange how a woman can become a light ball. 

“HI! Emily. It's good to see you at last, ” the gorgeous woman said. 

“H-hi. W-who a-are you?” I shuttered. 

“You probably won't remember me but I am Lady Lena from Lenoa. I was your father's assistant.”she gave me a sympathetic smile. 

“Y-you knew my f-father? What is L-Lenoa?.” 

“Yes, I knew your father. And Lenoa is a planet, dear. It's where you were born.” she said, her smile widening. 

“Oh!.” was all I managed to say. 

So many things were going on in my head that I was starting to get dizzy.Finally I was going to get my answers. Someone has come here at last to take me away from this awful place. I am so happy. 

“ I know that you have a lot of questions. I even know that it is a bit too soon and you might not be ready yet but I had no choice but to come now.Emily, Lenoa needs you.” 

“You have no idea how much I have been waiting for this day. It's so hard to believe that the day has come at last. As for the questions I have many of them .” I say in a rush.

Lady Lena just laughs. 

“Okay then Emily are you ready to go back to Lenoa.” Lady Lena says grinning. 

“You bet. Can we please take Lilly with us? I don't know what I will do without her.” I ask. Lady Lena making a cute face. 

“Okay, but who is Lilly? Is she your doll?” she asks, confused. 

“Thank you so much. Lilly is my best friend.” I say giggling. 

“My pleasure! Oh, so… is she a human?” 

“Yes,of course she is a human. ” 

“Okay then, how much harm can a little human girl do?” 

“Can I go and get her now?.” 

“Yes. But be quick we don't have much time.” 

Quickly running towards the dorm I spot Lilly sitting on her bed, reading her lessons. I make my way towards her. 

“Lilly! come quickly. We don't have time. I will explain everything afterwards but please follow me now.” 

“Wait, what? What's going on? Why should I follow you?  Are you in trouble?.” she asked, frowning. 

“No time to ask. Come on, I promise I will explain everything later.” I said in a hurry. 

Running through the corridors we reached the library, where Lady Lena was waiting. Seeing us coming she stood up from the couch and started chanting some spells. 

“ woooowdre reeevenso moento toooo” (I know it sounds funny) 

Lady Lena chanted that again and again until a portal opened. The black light enlarged and stopped when it was roughly the size of a door. 

The portal reminded me of that day when I was teleported here, into this cruel orphanage. It reminded me of pain and suffering. But now was not the time to go back to the past. I was going back home at last. 

Lady Lena motioned for us to go first. 

Holding Lily's hand tightly and shutting my eyes tightly, I stepped into the portal It felt like we had stepped in a refrigerator. It was cold and damp opening my eyes I saw  Lilly and Lady Lena floating next to me on either side. Lilly looked amazed, her eyes widened even more when she saw Lady Lena. 

“OMG!! Emily, we are actually teleporting. I can't believe it.

Who is this lady? She is gorgeous!” 

“I can't believe it myself. Oh, this is Lady Lena. From what I have learnt she was my father's assistant.” I whisper. 

“So…. is this Lilly?” Lady Lena asks. 

“Lady Lena, this is Lilly. Lilly, this is Lady Lena.” I said nodding towards both.” 

“Nice to meet you Lilly.” Lady Lena said, stretching out her hand.

“Nice to meet you too my lady” Lilly said,shaking Lady Lena's outstretched hand. 

We were approaching a bright orange light which I suspected was the end of the portal. 

Once out I was amazed by the beauty around me. It was sunny, the trees were of different colors, the grass was emerald in color and the sky was bright orange with red at the end. There was a field of flowers to the right and a forest to the left. It felt like I was in a fairy tale. 

“Wow! This place is beautiful.” I said, spinning around. 

“I know right! It's so lovely.” Lilly said excitedly. 

“Come on girls, let's go get you some proper clothes and something to eat before we head towards the HQ (Head Quarters) shall we. You need to look presentable in front of the master, Zane .”

                                      ~~~~~~~~

 Lilly and I followed Lady Lena through the village. We passed many houses and fields. Most people were  in a hurry, running here and there. Others were either working or talking to each other. They all looked so happy. 

After walking for half an hour we reached a crowded area where there were people selling all kinds of different things like sweets, clothes, utensils, spices, food and everything you could imagine. Lilly and I looked around in awe. We  had never in our whole lives seen such things. How could we have  seen anything? We were orphans and had never been to any place other than the orphanage. 

We stopped at a clothes stall where Lady Lena bought a pair of  black leather pants, brown boots and two white shirts for both Lilly and me. After discarding our old tunics and changing into our new clothes, we bought rainbow fries and cheese bread to eat. It was tasty, unlike the food at the orphanage on earth. Lenoa was a much better planet with unique food, beautiful scenery and animals nobody on Earth has ever seen. There is a rhino-monkey, cat-snake, fish-bird and many other animals. 

I can't believe I was born in such a beautiful place and never knew about it. 

“Lady Lena, I want to ask you a few questions. How did you turn into a ball of light, back in the orphanage?.” I asked her, yawning. 

“ It is simple once you learn how. In fact all the lenonians know how to do it. Even you knew how to do it but after Hannah cast a spell on you, you forgot everything about your powers and how you summoned them. It would have been very dangerous if humans had found out that you had powers. So… Hannah had no choice but to remove all of your knowledge about your powers and how you use them .” 

“So…… that means my memory was erased…… so that I would not remember anything except what happened that day?” I say. 

“Yes dear, that's exactly what happened.” she says with a sad face. 

                                    ~~~~~~~~~~

Lady Lena decided that we should rest before heading to the HQ. 

We checked-in, into a nice suite with three beds: one for each of us. 

That's the end for now. Please comment If you want to know what happens next.

Special thanks to Giles Scott for helping me with the editing.

November 12, 2020 12:20

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

29 comments

Hello there Alina! You asked me to critique on your story, so here I am!! Honestly, all of your stories have the same amazing quality, and it's true! Every time you ask me to read your story, I get really excited, because I know it is going to be an adventure it self!! Thank you for notifying every time you write a story! Your story was honestly speechless! I am amazed by the quality of it! 😃 Something I really enjoyed throughout the entire story as I was reading was the way you used very strong vocabulary. For example,"I stand there mout...

Reply

ALINA Manha
12:12 Nov 13, 2020

Aaww thank you soooooooo much. Your stories are great too. Thanks for the compliments. Actually Giles Scott helped me in the editing. I really appreciate that you took out your time to read my story and commented on it. I really means a lot to me. You have made my day. 😊😊😊😊. I can't stop smiling after I read your comments. They are always so sweet. ☺️ I will correct the mistakes. Thank for pointing them out.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Akshaya ✨
07:23 Nov 18, 2020

This was just fantastic, Alina! I want to know what happens to Emily, Lilly and Lady Lena next. A part three would be marvelous! Great job!

Reply

ALINA Manha
19:16 Nov 18, 2020

Thank you so much!! 😭😭 Sure I will be making a part 3. I am still waiting for the right prompt.

Reply

Akshaya ✨
02:23 Nov 19, 2020

I'd love to read it! :D

Reply

ALINA Manha
09:25 Nov 19, 2020

Thank you so much. I am really happy that you liked the story and want to read more of it.

Reply

Akshaya ✨
10:26 Nov 19, 2020

Welcome!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
20:20 Dec 12, 2020

Hey Alina! Its been awhile, how are ya?!

Reply

ALINA Manha
00:24 Dec 13, 2020

Hi! Ugochi. 👋🏻👋🏻 I am fine alhamdulilah. thank you for asking. I seriously means a lot to me. 😊 How are you???? Yup! It's been a long time since we last chatted. 🤓

Reply

02:12 Dec 13, 2020

Of course!! I'm good, I just have a lot of tests next week and I am just practicing among other things. Hows school for you?

Reply

ALINA Manha
13:39 Dec 13, 2020

School is going good. We have holidays now. But we have assignments which take up a lot of time. Best of luck for your tests. Hope they go very well.

Reply

13:25 Dec 15, 2020

Thats good and bad! I know how that feels though, they put you on break and give you a ton of work. Thank youu!

Reply

ALINA Manha
16:26 Dec 15, 2020

I know right! It's Really tiring. Aawww, you are always welcome!. 😀

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
16:16 Dec 12, 2020

Hey! I saw in your bio that you like reading things, so mind checking out my latest story? Thanks!

Reply

ALINA Manha
17:15 Dec 12, 2020

Hi! Yup! I would love to read your story. You're welcome!

Reply

Sia S
18:12 Dec 12, 2020

Thanks!

Reply

ALINA Manha
00:18 Dec 13, 2020

My pleasure!

Reply

Sia S
05:42 Dec 13, 2020

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
03:25 Nov 22, 2020

Hey Alina! I'm not on break but I read it anyways!! This was sooo interesting! I liked how you describe their adventure and everything else. Its such a nice follow up from the first one! I really enjoyed reading this, it felt so free, or light! Thats the feeling I get from your stories! I also enjoyed how you added in your passion for Orphanages into it!! Great job Alina! And keep writing!!!

Reply

ALINA Manha
04:01 Nov 22, 2020

Hi! Ugochi 👋🏻 OMG!! you didn't have to do this but thanks a lot anyway. Thank you sooooooo much. ☺️ That's what I was hoping it to be like. so.. I am happy that you, as a reader can sense it too. You're soo sweet, thank you. I know right. I can't stop thinking about orphanage. All the stories that I have written till now include an orphan or an orphanage or someone who gets orphaned. 😁 I am obsessed with it. 😳 Thanks! Ugochi. You too. 😀 Have a great day ahead.

Reply

04:21 Nov 22, 2020

Haha! Yay I'm glad that made you happyyy! Aww thank youuu! I know the feeling😂 Its always nice to be passionate about something! Anytime! And I wish the same for youuu!

Reply

ALINA Manha
16:58 Nov 22, 2020

😊😊😊😊 Your welcome! Yup! I get obsessed with things really fast and I feel nice sometimes. Thanks! ☺️

Reply

22:47 Nov 30, 2020

Hey Alina, I just wanted to let you know I have a new story out! If you have time could you check it out!!

Reply

ALINA Manha
11:07 Dec 01, 2020

Hi! Ugochi. 👋🏻 Thank you sooooooo much for letting me know. I was waiting. I will go check it out right away.

Reply

Show 0 replies
ALINA Manha
11:07 Dec 01, 2020

Hi! Ugochi. 👋🏻 Thank you sooooooo much for letting me know. I was waiting. I will go check it out right away.

Reply

Show 0 replies
ALINA Manha
11:07 Dec 01, 2020

Hi! Ugochi. 👋🏻 Thank you sooooooo much for letting me know. I was waiting. I will go check it out right away.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 3 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.