The Adventures of Mrs. Carrillo's Guinea Pigs

Submitted into Contest #138 in response to: End your story with someone saying: “What a day.”... view prompt

2 comments

Adventure Fantasy Kids

Chapter one-The beginning…

“OREO!!!!!!!!!!!!!” screamed Marshmallow. “Where did you put my chocolate-covered hay?!” “In the coniferous tree, in the backyard…” “We can’t climb dummy,” Marshmallow explains. “Or can I?... MWAHAHAHAH!!!!!!” whispers Oreo. “I heard that.” Marshmallow scolded. “ My little munchkins! What’s going on? I heard popcorning!” Asked Mrs. Carrillo, the owners of Marshmallow and Oreo. As Oreo immediately stuffs her face with guinea pig pellets, meanwhile... Marshmallow scurries into her chalet and practices her calligraphy. 

Chapter two- Crawdad chaos- part one

“Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh! OH MY GOSH! OREO! GET DOWN HERE!” Marshmallow screamed. “What did I do? I’m sorry I ate the cheese puffs!” “ Cheese puffs? “W-w-what cheese puffs? Uhhhh um… that was er, uh uh uh oh right! Mrs.Carrillo! She ate them!” “Mhm,” Marshmallow murmured. “Anyway… forget the cheese puffs… Come look at the  cooler!” Oreo slowly walked over to marshmallow, hoping she would live…

Chapter two and a half-crawdad chaos-part two

“AAAAAAAAhhhhh!” Oreo screamed as she looked in the cooler. “What is that?!” “That’s what I’ve trying to tell you,” marshmallow said sounding annoyed. “Ohhhhh!” Oreo said sounding like marshmallow had tried to explain the square root of pie. “But still that’s so creepy. The cooler full of something.” Oreo stated. “Wait, you mean that you have never seen crawdad before?” Marshmallow said shocked. “Uhhh, No. I mean who’s ever heard of crawdad? Are they like, a dad that craws? I mean is there even such a thing?” Oreo responded laughing. “you’ll never understand the ways of the crawdad.” Marshmallow said sighing. 

Chapter three- Dinner!

“Girls! Dinner!” Mrs. Carrillo yelled from the kitchen. “Oh boy! My favorite part of the day!” Oreo said excitedly. “You say that about every meal.” Told Marshmallow. “So!? I can have more than one favorite meal.” Huffed Oreo. “Uuuu Gggg” Marshmallow said as she scampered into the kitchen. “Up you go!” Mrs.Carrillo said in a cheery tone as she lifted marshmallow and oreo into their boosters. “So how do you like your dinner?” Mrs.Carrillo said a few minutes into the dinner. Oreo looked at her with a mouth full of crawdad. “Yes Oreo, I can tell you like it. Marshmallow, sweetie how about you?” Marshmallow looked at her questionably. She only had poked it with her fork. “I’ll eat it!” Oreo offered. “Ah, I can see that oreo is so happy she’s squeaking!” “Fine,” Marshmallow said pushing her plate over to oreo. “Not eating. Huh?” Mrs. Carrillo asked. “I’ll get you some hay.” As soon as Mrs.Carrillo came back oreo was done. “So, how was your day? I didn’t make any friends if you were wondering. Because according to an old lady named quin I have no friends.” “mine was annoying because I had to deal with this all day long,” Marshmallow said pointing to Oreo. “Rude! But anyway, mine was great! I saw a crimson capuchin carrying a cooler out of the window today!” Oreo said happily. “Sounds fun.” Mrs. Carrillo said only hearing squeaks. “Well off to bed now you too.”

Chapter four-The Wrath of dan-Part One

“Guess what girls?!” Mrs. Carrillo called out. “What?” Marshmallow inquired. “I have friends.” Mrs.Carrillo sighed. Oreo looked at her and stated, “finally.”  Oreo and Marshmallow scampered to the kitchen. “You must be excited for all I hear is popcorning.” Mrs. Carrillo pronounced. “Did someone say popcorn?!!!” Oreo whispered delightfully. “His name is Dan.” Mrs. Carrillo announced. “We must get cleaning!” Oreo Britishly told. Marshmallow and Oreo scurried around the house mopping, sweeping, and dusting. Mrs.Carrillo took a ladder and decrustified the roof. (Dan was a fan of decrustified roofs.) 

Chapter Four and A Half-The wrath of Dan-Part Two

“I’M HEREEEEEE!!!!!!!” Dan called aggressively. Mrs. Carrillo trampled to the door in her neon purple high heels. Marshmallow and Oreo Sauntered in thou follow. “Hello, my sweetest most darling dearest Dan.” Mrs. Carrillo proclaimed. “Dan the Man! AYE BRO DAP ME UP” Oreo screamed. Marshmallow glared at Dan in awe. “Come in, come in, let’s go eat dinner. Come now, children,” Mrs. Carrillo ordered. As Dan walked by he evilly smirked at Marshmallow and Oreo. “Mmhmm.” Dan aggressively stared at a part of the yard. He was thinking. Oreo looked at Marshmallow warily, she had sensed an unbalance in the space-time continuum. Dan's skinny jeans ripped in fear. There was more than meets the eye. 

Chapter Five-Fires, Jeans, and Dog doody-part one

“Mmm yum.” Dan murmured. “Did you like dinner?” Mrs. Carrillo yelled. “This is absolutely scrumdillyumsious.” Dan cried. Oreo looked at the sobbing Dan the Man. “I didn’t realize that my Texas Roadhouse Prime Rib was so bad,” Marshmallow exclaimed. “I didn’t know that my smores sister knew how to cook.” Gurgled Oreo intrusively. Marshmallow nodded and skipped to the couch. Everybody followed fluidly. “I have to get dessert, don’t get into any trouble.” Mrs. Carrillo winked and skorpped away. But once she was gone, Dan jumped up. “You’re mine now! Muahahaha!!!” He proclaimed. “AHHH!” Oreo and Marshmallow announced as Dan scooped them up and put them in his skinny jean pockets. Dan lunged outside and built a fire. “Ah! I have a fear of fires!” Marshmallow mumbled. “And I have a fear of redheads,” Oreo claimed, pointing at Dan. “Oreo! We need to stop from getting sacrificed to the Hay gods!” Marshmallow noted. “I know where a time portal is.” Oreo scrammed out of Dan's pocket with Marshmallow following. Marshmallow and Oreo sprinted to something. “What’s this?” Marshmallow uttered. “Dog doody! It’s a portal to another time, we need to stop Dan from being born.” 

Chapter five and a half- fire, jeans, and dog doody 

“Hang on Marshmallow, I’m going to do magic.” Oreo declared. “You’re a wizard?” Marshmallow quizzed. “Why else do you think I sensed an unbalance in the space-time continuum?” Oreo commented. “Abracadabra orgalflorbal, make this dog doody turn into a portal!!!” Oreo enchanted. A mysterious blue glow started forming from the ground when a cry was heard from afar. “Aggggg! My pants ripped and my guinea pigs are gone!” Dan screamed. “Hurry Oreo!” Marshmallow commanded. Marshmallow turned around and saw Dan running toward them. He was getting closer! At the last of the seconds, Marshmallow and Oreo jumped through with Dan at their heels. “NOOOOOOO!” Dan shrieked. “Where are we?” Oreo wondered. “In a street,” Marshmallow noted. 

Chapter six-Rats, Pigs and Trash Oh MY!-part one

Oreo and Marshmallow looked around. There was nothing but a sewer and grey blobs of trash. “What will we do?” Oreo squelched. “I don’t know, but those trash piles are moving,” Marshmallow said mysteriously. “Marshmallow, those aren’t trash piles, those are something else!” Oreo yelled. The two blobs turned into a giant group of things. “FEAR ME, FOR I AM THE RAT QUEEN!!!” A voice boomed from afar. “And I’m the rat king too! Don’t forget about me!” A squeaky voice called through the streets. Oreo gasped in disgust. Marshmallow started glowing. “Marshmallow! What are you doing?!” Oreo queried. “Don’t you know I’m a super sparkle glitter magic princess?” Marshmallow beamed. “Sorry, I forgot,” Oreo mumbled. Oreo started using her magic and yelled, “ATTACK!” 

Chapter six and a half- Rats, Pigs and Trash, Oh MY!-Part Two

Oreo and Marshmallow attacked the rats, who charged back at them. It was World War III. Oreo used her magic spells and pulled out a wand. “Harry Potter?!” Marshmallow squealed. “No, I’m your S'mores Sister dummy,” Oreo belched. Marshmallow used her magical glitter powers to knock down the rats while Oreo turned them into dust. It was like, totally rad magic dude. Finally, only the rat king and queen were left. “You’ll never win MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!” Mumbled the Rat queen. “Try me!” Oreo squeaked. It was a long battle, the rats has super magic powers. “Honey, maybe we should take a chill pill,” The Rat king squeaked as they were circling around each other. “Take a chill pill!? Never! Take this!” Screamed the Rat Queen and she blasted Oreo, sending her flying five feet back and to the ground. 

Chapter Seven- Revenge-Part One

“Oreo!” Marshmallow screamed as the Rat queen grabbed her from behind. Everything seemed to be in slow motion as she screamed and kicked, calling her motionless S’more Sisters name. Marshmallow’s thoughts seemed to slow down along with her movements. She would never get out, she was done for, Oreo was gone. “Honey, sweetie pie, let the poor darling go.” The rat king said, only getting a slap to the face. After what seemed like an eternity, they finally stopped walking and Marshmallow was thrown to the ground. “Get up you Hay eating trash.” The Rat queen snarled at Marshmallow. “Sweets, should we make the offer?” The King questioned his wife. “Yes. You go.” She ordered shoving her husband forward. “Oh, um, we would like to offer you to join our rat cult. You seem to be worthy of a warrior. It would require sacrifice and forgetting about that sister of yours…” The Rat king continued blabbering but Marshmallow wasn’t listening. She was inspecting the place, trying to figure out where in the land of popcorning she was. Then she let out a small gasp, Marshmallow had seen this place in her dreams with her magical glitter powers! There was a grate above her head and she knew how to get back to Oreo. Oh, Oreo, was she gone? Alive? She had to know. “Never! You filthy trash-eating rodents! Go eat poisoned pellets of dung! I will avenge my sister, and you monsters will pay for it!” Marshmallow bellowed and used a giant explosion to throw the rats back and launch her out of the sewers. The spell had launched the king and queen back, killing them. It wasn’t a very heroic death. 

Chapter Seven and A half-Revenge-Part two

Oreo opened her eyes to everything being bright, too bright. “Where am I?” She grumbled, sitting up. It was white and glowing everywhere, and she almost seemed to be sitting on a cloud. Two figures in the distance started coming closer and larger. Guinea pigs? Oreo slowly walked towards them to meet the pigs and stopped. Their faces were recognizable now. Oreo rubbed her eyes in disbelief. “Mom? Dad? I thought you were dead!” Oreo told. “No, you are dead.” Her Dad stated, making finger-guns at Oreo. “Richard! Be gentle with the poor thing!” Oreo's Mom yelled Britishly. “So I am dead,” Oreo murmured. “Not unless you want to be, you have the choice,” her Mom gurgled all-knowingly. “I can go back down? To Marshmallow?” Oreo wondered. “You have such a strong connection with her, if you so chose you can go back down now.” Oreo’s Mom claimed. “I-I will. But Mom I miss you so much.” Oreo cried. “What about me?” Her Dad blarged. They all laughed and hugged together. “I’ll send you down now.” Her Dad said holding her at arm's length. Oreo started glowing and glimmering, getting brighter and brighter. “Oh and Oreo? We love you and we’re counting on you!” Oreo had to close her eyes because everything was getting so bright. When she opened her eyes again, she was laying on a rain-filled street soaking wet. A face looked down on her. 

Chapter eight-The pet store-Part one

“Where am I?” Oreo mumbled, trying to sit up. “Oreo! I thought you were… well… I thought you were deceased.” Marshmallow spoke, hugging Oreo tightly. “Ow!” Oreo told, wincing in pain. “Oh my lordy lord! I didn’t mean to hurt you! Where does it hurt!?” Marshmallow squawked aggressively. “Everywhere, that stupid dumpster inhabiting off-brand ed Sheeran. She and Dan would be perfect for each other.” Oreo spat. “Well, let’s get you all fixed up.” Marshmallow blinged like a doorbell. Using her super cool glitter powers, Oreo was good as new. Her toenails just felt like a crab was snacking on them. But Oreo didn’t tell Marshmallow that, for Marshmallow was protective of who got to snack on Oreo’s toenails. That was reserved for Marshmallow and Marshmallow only. “Now, let’s go find Dan,” Marshmallow said, giving Oreo a non-painful hug. 

Chapter eight and a half- The pet store-part two

“Where did his parents meet?” Marshmallow inquired. “I don’t know, but he’s so awful I would assume they adopted him,” Oreo shuddered, thinking of Dan. Marshmallow's face lit up, “you know, that’s a good idea, they could have met in the pet store. Why else would we land near a pet store?” She pointed to the store across the street. “Perfect let's go,” Oreo screamed in Marshmallow's face. Marshmallow nodded, not thinking anything of the screaming, and crossed the street. Right before they were about to go in two people came into view on rainbow light-up Heelys. “Hey look! Those two are redheads! They must be Dan’s parents!” Oreo pointed out. “We have to stop them from going in the store!” Marshmallow squeaked. Oreo ran in front of them with Marshmallow following. The people stopped and the woman cooed. “Aw look at these precious children, Brad, we have to take them,” and with that Oreo and Marshmallow got scooped up and taken to the redheads home. They never looked back. “What a day,” Oreo sighed as she was lulled to sleep in her new owner's arms.

March 23, 2022 15:17

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Barbara Burgess
08:05 Mar 31, 2022

Hi Ava, I loved the title of your story. There is no need to put hundreds of ! - just one will do and use ! spareingly too. No need also for capital letters for the whole words. and aaaaaaahhhhh is also not necessary. I know it is good to let the reader know what you are saying or what is said in the story but better to keep these types of things to a minimum as it can put the reader off. also lots of ah ums. Yes we do speak like this in conversation but when people read they like to read the minimum amount of exclamations as the reader will...

Reply

Ava Booth
00:23 Apr 01, 2022

Yeah, it was a story from fifth grade we posted for fun. That's why there's bad grammar.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.