7 comments

Fantasy Fiction Adventure

So everyone, this is super short, just a blurb of a story I'm working on. Ya'll tell me what you think.

_____________


In a land not too different from yours, there lived a prince. He lived alone in a castle. There may have been other people, but he never saw them. every day, a princess tried to save him. Every day, they failed. And then...


Eirwan woke early one morning to a loud clank and the rasp of metal on stone.

He stood, glancing around his room. He half knew what it was, but he called; “Who goes there?”

The scraping stopped.

Eirwan’s eye fell on a grappling hook on the windowsill.

“What are you, Shakespeare?” a voice answered in a sarcastic tone. “Nobody says who goes there, apparently except for everyone I’ve met here so far.”

Eirwan walked over to the window and peered over the edge. It was a girl. Like every day, but she was different. She wasn’t dressed like the other princesses were, in their massive dresses and dainty gloves. She didn’t look like a princess at all. Her black hair was cropped to frame her square face. Her diamond blue eyes were cold as they regarded the boy above her. Her arms and face were dirty, a scar stretched from above her eyebrow down to her cheek. There was a frown fixed on her face. “are you coming or not?” she asked irritably. Eirwan shook his head. “of course not, this is my home.” He said the same thing to all princesses who got past his guards, who were all invisible. The girl arched a black eyebrow and shimmied farther up the rope. Her hand caught the edge of the windowsill and she hauled herself up onto it.

"This is not your home, this is your prison. You've been here since you were born, right?"

Eirwan nodded. "But I do not have a mother or father. I live here alone."

The girl waved his statement away. "I know the story, but whether you like it or not, you're coming with me."

Eirwan sighed, knowing what was coming.

Sure enough, after only a few seconds of silence, there were footsteps. Hearing them, the girl pursed her lips angrily, the scar on her face pulled tight. She snatched his wrist and dragged him to the window, glancing down. She snorted. "Of course there's a moat." she muttered, then turned back to him. "Can you swim?"

Eirwan instantly shook his head.

The girl grimaced. "Well, I hope you're at least a fast learner."

Then she proceeded to throw him out the window.

April 05, 2021 18:15

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

7 comments

Cole Lane
15:18 Apr 11, 2021

The Princess saves the Prince! It's about time, well technically she threw him out the window lol but something tells me she probably jumped in right after.

Reply

Show 0 replies
19:36 Apr 05, 2021

She DeFeNeStRaTeD him!! (Thats my favorite word in the English language. It literally means “the act of throwing something (or, in this case, someone), out a window”). Love it and can’t wait to read the whole thing!!

Reply

Thank you for teaching me this word. It has been added to my list of favorite words on my bio.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Angel {Readsy}
20:01 Apr 06, 2021

Your writing has a sense of hope in the form of philosophical and optimisim, keep it up

Reply

Show 0 replies
18:59 Apr 05, 2021

Throw him out the window!

Reply

Creed .
19:04 Apr 05, 2021

Yep! Yeeted him right out!

Reply

19:39 Apr 05, 2021

LOL

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.