Intuitive lovers

Written in response to: Write about a character learning to trust their intuition.... view prompt

5 comments

Fiction

Aaron: " Phoebe, how are you? Nice to hear from you."


Phoebe: “I'm fine! except that I’m waiting for my results and I’m getting more and more afraid as the deadline approaches. "


Aaron: "Do you need us to see each other to do something else and help you forget about it."


Phoebe: "I can't forget this, you know it's going to determine my future."


Aaron: “You can't change anything; the die is cast so we have to wait and see. "


Phoebe: "It wasn't a game. It was a test and I think I did it right."


Aaron: “If you think you gave the right answers, then why are you worried?


Phoebe: "You're right, let's go to the movies. And if we go see ..”


Aaron: “Matrix Resurrections is this your choice? "


Phoebe: "How do you know that?"


Aaron: “Take it easy! It just comes out and we see the ads everywhere. "


Phoebe: “I'm sure it's still your intuition speaking. But you don't want to use it to tell me if I'm going to pass my exam or not. "


Aaron: “You are crazy! I am not a medium. I wish you were successful, if that helps! "


Aaron has the feeling that Phoebe will succeed but he can't tell her. He is always afraid that his intuitions will go wrong.

His intuitions have always worked when it comes to guessing for others. His friend Phoebe and his family know he is 99% right. His last intuition was the presidential election. He was right against the polls, his friends and family. They knew he was the only one predicting the name of the new president.


After the movie, the two friends go to a cafe near the cinema.


Aaron: “I think you will past your exam.”


Phoebe: “You're kidding. You told me before the movie that you are not a medium. Did you come out of the matrix or entered it.”


Aaron: “Yeah, sort of. Something told me that if Neo succeeds in saving Trinity, then Phoebe will succeed, otherwise she will fail."


Phoebe: “It's easy, you know in advance that he's going to be successful. The film is worked in this direction. Thank you anyway your words relieved me a little. Tomorrow will bring us the truth about your matrix intuition. "


Aaron: “At least you'll be wondering if I'm right or not instead of whether or not you'll be successful. "


Phoebe: “See you tomorrow, I'll let you know as soon as I get the results. "

The next day afternoon

Aaron: “Damn it! Phoebe calls. I'd rather she texts me. What will she say? Has she succeeded or not? I won't answer her. I’d like to hide somewhere. I don't want to hear her. How do I get the result without her? "


Aaron: “Ah! A message from her. Whoa what a relief. I am happy! I will call her back.”


Aaron: “I am very happy! You did it! Well done!"


Phoebe: “You are the best! You succeed. Your feeling was good. I'm proud of you."


Aaron: "Why are you swapping roles, it's about you, not me! You passed your exam. So, you deserve to be congratulated."


Phoebe: "Alright! I know this time is for me. But why don't you allow your intuition to ignite? Like many others, I am sure that you are gifted with extraordinary things. You feel things before they happen."


Aaron: "It doesn't mean that I could change the course of things or that I have the power to control the events of the future."


Phoebe: “I get it, you might not necessarily be able to change them all the time but maybe sometimes you can. "


Aaron: "How interesting was it to guess that you passed your exam a few hours before the result? Why would it be interesting to guess that someone will call me a few minutes before? My hunches are small no-brainer things that have no impact on real life.”


Phoebe: “Often you know which exercises will be part of the exams. We have checked these dozens and dozens of times.”


Aaron: “It's just a matter of experience endowed with a pinch of logic. It has nothing to do with prediction or anything.” "

Phoebe: “Okay! Do what you want boy! see you tonight to celebrate my result. I invite you to dinner and have a drink together with my family.”



What about when I search for things in my pocket or bag without looking and pick the wrong items instead. And when I gamble and lose most of the time.


Phoebe doesn't know that I tried to control my intuition. I'm good at predicting for others, but when it comes to me, I'm always wrong. I think it's a mixture of anxiety, overthinking, gut feeling, and a little intuition. I think I need to get rid of the first two that are overwhelming me. The third one, I need to understand it better, sometimes it announces bad news, sometimes good news. These two sensations are related to the butterfly in the belly or a stomach ache. This last sensation terrifies me, it makes me want to hide, run away or go into a coma until the possible dangers disappear.


On the other hand, I think that the few intuitions that I have go well with others because they rely on my mind and my heart. My head is not in the clouds, I am lucid so my intuitions are not disturbed by my feelings or my desires. For example, I love Phoebe. She doesn't have a boyfriend; my intuition tells me that she loves me too. Now, is this true or is it my imagination that comes from overthinking or for my desire? Thinking of her, I have the butterfly in my stomach, I'm shaking, I think it's a good intuition.


I think this will be a good test to trust my intuition. Besides, it was she who started to talk about my intuition. I will tell her that I had the intuition that she was in love with me. I will await her response. If it is positive then my intuitions are good otherwise they are false and this will prove to her that my intuitions are false and then we will no longer talk about this story of intuitions.


Phoebe: “Wow! You're a handsome boy. Come in, my family and I can't wait to see you. "


Aaron: “You're gorgeous too. This is for you. I hope you will like it."


Phoebe: “Thanks! Yes of course I will because it comes from you."


Aaron: “Phoebe,…Do you ..?"


Phoebe: "Of course I love you silly boy. But I was waiting for your intuition to pick it up. Take my hand and walk in I'll introduce you to my family."

January 03, 2022 16:54

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

5 comments

F.O. Morier
09:18 Jan 16, 2022

Looking forward to your next work!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Francis Daisy
11:57 Jan 13, 2022

Sweet story about a lovely friendship. Your dialogue is excellent and moves the story along nicely. Well done!

Reply

Boutat Driss
11:20 Jan 15, 2022

A lot of thanks dear Francis

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
F.O. Morier
18:07 Jan 03, 2022

Wow! Pleasant and funny! Lovely!

Reply

Boutat Driss
18:59 Jan 03, 2022

Thank you very much. Happy New Year to you

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.