0 comments

Thriller

 1,431 words The Graveyard Visitors

The sun was just starting to set. It was Halloween. What a night for Bob and Vinson. They could hardly wait for Halloween for they had plans.

Bob and Vinson were friends and was in the same class in school. They were two boys that was known to do anything. They weren’t afraid of nothing. In school they would play tricks on the girls and get in trouble.

This year for Halloween they talked about going trick-a-treating and after they finished they would go out in different costumes and scare kids after they came out each door and steal their candy. The kids would chase them and promised they would tell on them. They weren’t worried and just laugh at them.

Later that evening after the sun went down the night was dark and eerie. The wind being just a breeze, making one feel lonely and scared but it never affected the two boys. Kids were on the streets every where. Strange noises filled the night air along with strange scary masks. No matter what was frightening nothing scared the boys.

“Hey, Bob let’s tie a string across the road to make the drivers think they are going to hit something. Did you ever hear that before? It causes the diver to think there is something in the road.”

“No, where did you hear about it?”

“My older brother told me. He told me it was dangerous and could cause an accident and warned me not to do it. But let’s try it.”

The boys watched for cars and then tied a string across the road. They waited to see what would happen. Just then a car was coming.

“Okay, here comes a car. Let’s watch and don’t say anything. If something bad happens we’ll run for it.” Vinson told Bob.

When the car got up to the string the boys heard an awful squeeze.

“Listen to that Bob. Wasn’t that loud?”

“Yeah, Vinson but they nearly left the road.”

“But it was fun.” Vince laughed.

Bob was a little worried but it all went well. When the boys waited to see what the driver was going to do they were nervous.

“Don’t say a word. They will hear us.”

The driver was very angry. When he got out of the car he was swearing. “Who in the hell put that across the road? I’d like to get my hands on them. They would pay.”

Vinson giggled a little with his hands over his mouth.

After the car left Vince told Bob, “It’s nearly 11:00 o’clock. How about us sleeping in the graveyard tonight. You dare?”

“Bob looked at him and said, “Sure, I’ll do it. Nothing can happen in a graveyard.”

When they got to the old iron fence that led to the graveyard the wind picked up. There was a sign on the fence saying, ‘12th Century Graveyard.’

“That wind is trying to force us to go back.” Bob told Vinson.

“Nothing is getting in my way.” Vinson stressed.

“Mine either.” Bob replied.

“Good, let’s go.”

Wasting no time the boys went inside the gate.

“Look at the tombstone. There are a lot.” Bob mentioned.

` “So that means we have a lot to choose from.” giggled Vinson.

“Let’s get one that’s old and plenty of grass on it. I want to have a good sleep.” Vinson said to Bob.

“I do to and I am bigger than you so I need a good rest.”

“Okay, but let’s get one close to each other so we can talk awhile.” Vinson told Bob.

They looked around then Bob said, “Vinson look at those tombstones how they light up.”

“It’s just light from up on the hill that shines on the tombs.”

They searched around until they found just the graves they were looking for.

“Here they are. Two nice patted ones. Watch out there is one there across from ours that has sunk in.” Vinson told Bob.

“I see that. I don’t want to fall in there. I might never get out.”

The wind continued to blow causing leaves and sticks to fly around. The night was so dark the boys put on their flashlights. Bob saw something moving and spotted his light on it.

“Look Vinson, why does that dog look like it just rose from the dead?”

“That’s just a neighbours dog that’s been starved. Don’t worry about it.”

“What time is it Vinson?”

“11:45. Why?”

“It’s just that strange things only happen when the clock strikes 12:00.”

“What things can happen here? Everyone is dead.” giggled Vinson.

“Look at the eerie surroundings.” said Bob as he spotted his light.

“It’s nothing. Just lay down and try to sleep. We’ll leave in the morning.”

What a night they had. It was after 12am when strange noises were heard.

“Did you hear that Bob?”

“Yes, it sounded like a little girl crying.”

“How can that happen? There isn’t anyone here.” Vinson said as he turned to try to sleep.

All of a sudden he heard Bob fighting and screaming. “What is wrong with you?” asked Vinson.

“You don’t see these little rodents.”

“No, it’s too dark.”

“I’m feeling them and they won’t get off of me.”

Vinson shined his light over at Bob and what he saw nearly gave him a heart attack.

“Bob, Bob!”

When Bob answered it disappeared.

“You had a horrible looking face.”

“Really, it’s just your mind.”

They finally laid to go to sleep and they both woke from a tapping on their backs.

“Do you want me Bob?”

“No, I thought you wanted me.”

“You never tapped me on the back?”

“No, but I felt the same thing.”

They both looked up over them and it nearly scared them to death. There were two ghost looking down at them saying, “Get out of our graveyard.”

When the boys heard that and seeing the ghosts they got up so quick Bob fell head first in the grave he was laying on.

“Oh my dear Bob, look at that.” said Vinson not noticing Bob fell in the grave.

When Bob shone his flashlight down the hill there were all kinds of ghost coming up after them.

“Let’s get out of here!” shouted Vinson.

“Help me out. I’m stuck.” Bob cried.

After getting Bob out of the grave they started towards the iron gate. When they got there they couldn’t get out.

“Please let us out. We promise to never come here again.” Vinson begged, while Bob stood shaking.

The strange looking men said in a strange voice, “You want to come in our graveyard and disturb us we’ll not let you out.”

Vinson looked at Bob. “What are we going to do?”

Bob started to cry, “I don’t know.”

Vinson shined his light around the graveyard. “Look there’s a building down there. It’s probably a mausoleum. Let’s go see if there is a place to stay till morning.”

“What is that?”

“It’s used for burials where they put coffins and dead people.”

“We shouldn’t go there.” Bob told him.

“It’s the only place we can go to get rid of these strange horrors out here.”

On the way they had to fight between ghost, bats, dead people who was rising up to grab them. Sunken graves, old tombs with saying of the dead ones lives.

“I am so scared. What are we going to do Vinson? We may never get out.”

“Maybe this place will be a place to hide.”

When they got inside they didn’t know what to do. There were open coffins and skeletons in some and dates on them were 1700s.

“These coffins are old.” Vinson said.

“Then the graveyard is that old too. I don’t ever want to come here again.”

“We won’t Bob if we ever get out of here.”

The longer they stayed the scarier it got. The old bodies started moving. The coffin covers closed and shut.

“Let’s get out of here.” Vinson shouted, digging his way past Bob.

When they got out they never stopped running. When they finally got to the gate where they came in it was open. They ran and ran and never looked back. When they got to Vinson’s place they looked at each other and said, “Never again we will ever go to a graveyard at night.”

They were so happy to get home they hugged each other, then Vinson’s mother walked in to the bedroom.

“Why are you so late? There is school tomorrow.”

“It’s a long story mom.” Vinson said as he and Bob looked at each other. 

October 24, 2020 00:26

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.