Loves at first sight

Submitted into Contest #16 in response to: Write a story that involves love at first sight.... view prompt

0 comments

Romance

I yawn as I saunter out of my house ready to tackle the day. I walk towards the bus stop and wait for my bus as I give a once over in what I have with me. I have a strenuous job as a theatre manager. Plays are a big thing in “Once Upon A Land”. The prince and princesses that reigns the countries are usually the idols the plays are based on. Their love stories are something. I don’t get it. I don’t get those butterflies erupting in the stomach moments, the time stopping moments, everything being a blur except for the person standing in front of you moments. I am the type of person who doesn’t believe in love at first sights or so I thought until that day.

I was returning from my job and it was a busy day so I didn’t get enough time to eat lunch. My stomach growled and I looked around embarrassed and whispered an apology. Finally I reached my stop and hopped out of the bus. I eagerly went inside the house thinking of the food that I will cook for dinner. Alas, apparently the kitchen said otherwise. Every cabinet was empty. Totally wiped out of its contents. I groaned in frustration. I guess I should just eat out today.

I grabbed my phone and purse and headed out again. I decided to walk since the weather was nice. I was walking, walking and walking. And before I can even comprehend, it just happened. The love at first sight symptoms started showing. Butterflies erupted in my stomach. I felt the time stop. I felt everything going in a blur. I took a deep breath to calm myself down.

That day I didn’t fell in love once but twice. I relished all those moments and memories. It was very simple. I fell in love with the man and the food that he cooked. I felt sparks when we touched and every time I took a bite of his cooking. I feel tingly at the sight of him and at the smell of the food he cooked. That day I realized. Love at first sight didn’t necessarily have to be with a person. It can be with anything. It can be food. It can be books. It can be a piece of art. It can be flowers growing in front of your house. It could be a piece of clothing.

A few days later he came over to my house and proposed me. Obviously I said yes. I found my happily ever after with him and his food. I found my love at first sight. 

November 17, 2019 14:01

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.