2 comments

Mystery

  Teased by death

 I felt a piecing pound onto my heart when my brother knocked me out with a hurtful closed hand. I was weak enough to fight back. I don't usually dare to struggle out his monkey wretched-like hands when I am grasped. He slipped onto me furiously then grabbed me by my wrists, shaking me out of my daze ness. I began to shout at the top of my lungs. "James, let go off me! I will kill you. please, let go off me. He let go my hands and said, "Joseph, watch your tongue. Have you ever killed a person before? You ought to be punished for your doings." My heart sank deeply when I heard him say such things and I knew it already that I will be punished and it will bring shame when our parents will hear about it. I felt as if I was being boiled into deep hot water, then turning to a dead meat. I immediately hauled him at the upcoming tractor-trailer. He bellowed before the crushing sound was heard, before the driver made a continuous honk that fade simultaneously with his wail, and before I wished him dead already. I examined how his blood trickled, competing with the tracing of the tires which were stopped for a while then let go to finish up it's prey. my heart felt relieved to see the tractor-trailer move forth. I turned around to examine if there was a person been watching us. It was a stroke of luck, that no one was watching us. we both had an affection on Natasha, though I am the only one lusting on her then. she was my brother's girlfriend, despite she was going to be mine . I ran hilariously through the middays heatwave. most of the people were indoor due to the violent kiss the sunshine was giving to them. I reached home soaked with my own perspiration. I struggled to talk at first due to my short breathes of tiredness. everyone's heart leapt out when they saw me in such state that bewildered them. "Joseph! what's wrong? tell me, what have happened my child? " my mom cried. I covered my face so I allow a smirk under my sleeves. "Mom! James is no longer with us. his live journey have ended.” my voice trembled. My mom's whole body began to quake as if she was being given electric shocks.

2

No one anticipated such a news. Mr. John began to drop a dime to inform the police about what happened to my lovely brother. The police officers gave us a promise that they will do their best level to track the tractor-trailer. Neighbors began to swarm into our house to lend their ears at the good message I brought for them. The police car came at our house. In the two shakes of a Lamb's tail; my mother's pick up truck was already laden with boys. we were in our way to the truck-driver. He was found. I was put a navigator so I show Dad the vehicle where I have pushed my brother. I observed the tree flicking past the speeding car windows that James was not enjoying by then. The wind was really whistling from the speeding of the car, yet I still heard the snaps of boys at the back of the car, the snaps mixed with anger and grieve ness. The distance between Rundu and Nkurenkuru was seen as a bridge that crosses a river, because it was moved in seconds. The moment we reached, I quickly pointed at him. Fortunately, he was handcuffed. Everyone swarmed onto him, jostling the police officers aside then began to beat him blue and black. Someone might say that I was being drove into evilness, despite my mind reflected the question that said, "Have you ever been knocked out by a muscular man before? I too scuttled over and kicked him right at his lips so he will not talk properly. Lucky for the police to collect the information earlier, because he began to babble due to his swollen throbbing lip. lucky for the police officers to collect some of the information earlier. “Stop! your anger will not be able to boil a pot of water. we are not yet finish interrogation with him... this will make you not get all the information . " one of the police officers Hectored. My dad begged his boys off the handcuffed truck-driver who was wailing like a coward. My Mom sobbed in the arms of the female police officer when the investigators told us that James is not found, but there was still blood Marks on the car. he added that the truck driver was drunk and what he was telling was too agitating. apparently, James have fallen down the cliff when his life went to a halt.

3....

we went at the truck trailer for a closer look after I was asked to delineate how it went for my lovely brother to be smashed into pieces. I told them that we were about to cross the road. We both legged it to dash across, but I stopped when I saw a truck trailer coming. I gave it a whirl to back him off, but his soul might already been taken, that he did not stop. My last call of "James, watch out!” was mingled with the doom sound. My Dad embraced me tight and told me to stop explaining a lot; their hearts were not on the position to keep on listening. I examined the pumper which was smothered in blood. I have never anticipated myself to kill a person in my entire life, but due to James's disparaging; I have done it on him. Though I smirked under my sleeves, my heart was half delighted and half insecure because the cadaver was not found

yet. the truck-driver was admitted in the hospital before he was to be thrown behind the bars. from that moment, I felt myself really strange. I felt like to kill one more.

4....

It almost took two days before James’s cadaver was found, bobbing with the river waves at the river bank near the cliff the truck-driver was talking about. We were called to go confirm if it was really James's cadaver because he was black from the sunburn, and he did not match with the photo which was given to the police officers. I was the elected one to tell the accurate information since I was the last person to be with James. Precisely, he was still having his skin jeans onto him and his silver watch on his right wrist, despite his shirt got tone by river thorns, I guess. And I guess there is a big pressure during a bump of two items when they're in hurry, because James's head was still swollen and his back cracked with car metals. I felt as I was on cloud nine to seeing a muscular man not talking gibberish at me anymore, not shaking me into their world, or to clasp my wrists as someone using an adjustment spanner. I casted my thoughts back in the time of I and James shared a room, despite I was the only one left in it then. The sobbing of people interrupted my thoughts. They wailed to see James being zipped inside a black plastic bag, put onto a stretcher, then carried away. Someone might ask on how I felt to hear my family weeping bucks. Of course, their audible crying were easy on my ears.

5...

James's photo was placed in front of the Grievers. I could not hold back my delight ness, either to be successful in laughing under my sleeves. I supplicated myself by stooping my shoulders and took off outside. I did not believe what my eyes were showing me. I saw James passing me by. He waved at me, smiled, then proceeded his way to his memorial service. I blinked once, twice, then thrice, but I still saw him. “This was not a dream.” I thought. I followed him. He almost drained my energy. I forgot that they were twin brothers, James and Jim (Jim lived in the other country. My mind was in daze, that’s why I did not remember him to exist. He was really a spitting image of James.) "Oops!" I could die. My mind fall on another mission once again. I forgot that James was having a biggest prove ever, though it was a drunk man. "I ought to kill him too. This must be tomorrow, after the burial." I thought.

6...

I was humming in the morning sunshine, moving through a narrow Alley. I was on the mission to murder the truck-driver.

Whether it was a dream or not a dream, this was really happening. His voice made me jerk. He was calling my name. "Joseph- Joseph!" He called. It was him, James. He smiled at me then said something: "You're shocked, aren't you? As you can see, I am being taken at the hospital by this two couples." James said with a weak voice. My heart began to boil and my energy drained out down my legs. I stood rooted on one position with an open mouthed. Of course, his bones have got broken when a bumper embraced him. "I was dangling by the bumper bars..." He said. The two couples were the one that found him while looking for their brother. They did not find him yet. I shot my eyes at his hands. He was still having his golden watch, despite it was on his left hand.

I can't believe I was forgiven. He’s no more together with Natasha, either I do. 

N.J.Intja

July 30, 2020 13:06

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Roshna Rusiniya
15:17 Jul 30, 2020

Love the title. And I really loved how you ended the story too. Great job!

Reply

N.J Intja
04:36 Jul 31, 2020

I appriciate that

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.