2 comments

Fiction Science Fiction

Laying atop the speeding truck, was the four-armed, black android. As the truck barreled across miles of concrete, massive glass buildings, the android learned all he could about everything. Society, wildlife, culture, everything human. When his data finally ran out, when he had seen everything, the sun was high in the sky and the world bustling.

He leapt from the tractor trailer roof. His lithe form arced and he landed with amazing balance in the grass just next to tall, broken buildings. Titan could see several heat signatures throughout the building and beyond it. Each of their hearts pumped extra fast and their body let off excess sweat, Titan could hear raised, angry voices ricocheting off the shattered buildings in front of him.

Titan crept towards the humans, there were three, all males. Two of them were arguing, those two heard nothing over their own shouting. The man apart from the others saw the shadow first, slithering across the ground like a runaway ghost.

When the man looked up, he saw nothing and the shadow had disappeared. There was a quiet tumbling of pebbles behind him, and then a thump. A shadow enveloped the man's own and he whipped around.

Standing behind him was only a silhouette, at least another of the man's height and purple, narrowed eyes glaring down on him. His companions had stopped their argument and stared wide-eyed at the graceful, intimidating shadow before them. One could imagine their surprise when a rough but cheerful voice said; "what seems to be the argument, gentlemen?" then the figure laughed and muttered something about 'hardly'.

Something glinted in one of the men's fists. “What are you holding?” Titan asked. The man screamed and fled, dropping the object on the ground. His arguing companion on his heels. “They stole it, n-not me! P-please! Don-t d-on't-” Before he finished, the man turned and fled.

The android strode over to the gleaming object and picked it up; it was a necklace. He frowned at the piece of jewelry, wondering what he was supposed to do with it now.


Police officer Barnes stepped out of his cruiser, something glittering caught his attention. He neared the tree and realized what it was. It was the same necklace that had gone missing three days ago. There was a note attached to it.

I do not know where this belongs, maybe you could figure it out. I saw you from a few miles away and I know your kind helps the humans. The three men who stole this are heading north, out of the city.-Titan

Titan watched the officer leave, then turned and leapt away, across the buildings. No one heard or saw the silent shadow slipping over their heads, as the day wore on and the sun slipped into slumber, the soft, silvery moonlight shone on the traveling silhouette.

Gunshots first alerted the android of trouble. He turned. According to a sensor in the corner of his vision, the gunshots were from a mile away. Titan ran, his feet hit the ground, a dulled thumping breaking the still night air. To an observer, it would only seem a speeding shadow, there one second, then gone the next.

Raised voices bounced off the surrounding buildings in the parking lot. Titan crouched on the roof of one of the buildings, watching the fight with observant eyes.

His amethyst eyes focused on the struggling figures. There were two men and a girl, the girl cowered in a corner, watching the men trade punches. It was time to intervene.

There was a quiet click, then a clank as something heavy dropped to the ground. The two struggling men heard nothing and the girl was too occupied.

Titan crawled towards the fighting men, his black form invisible in the deep shadows. Then, he loomed out as a monster ready to strike. The girl screamed someone's name, Titan assumed it was one of the men now staring at him with wide eyes.

The android's head swiveled back and forth between the two men. "As I said to the last group of men I confronted," he began, his deep voice sounded so similar to a human's, it sent shivers down every real human spine. "why are you fighting in the middle of the night, with a witness of a young girl?"

The android then tapped his metal chin. "That isn't exactly what I said, but I suppose it has no consequence." he muttered to himself, then snapped back to the men before him.

There was a young man and an older man. Before anyone could react, the older man whipped his pistol out and shot it directly at the young man, standing only a few meters away. “Griffin!” the girl screamed, starting forward. Titan pushed her away and stepped in the bullet's path.

The bullet hit Titan's chest with a loud clang and it fell to the floor, steaming. The android's head tilted down and his mouth turned down at the large dent in his abdomen, then he looked up, his purple eyes narrowed. The older man dropped his pistol on the ground with a clatter, his jaw fell open. He turned and ran as fast as his human legs could carry him. Titan smirked after him. He turned to the two other humans.

"are you both uninjured?" He asked. The girl was frozen, the young man slowly backed away from Titan and grabbed the girl's hand, pulling her away. The girl had been holding a book, it fell to the floor as they fled and Titan was left alone in the parking lot. "Hmm." The android said, leaning down to pick the book off the floor. "That went well."

There was no picture on the cover of the book, only three words. The Holy Bible.

Titan dropped onto the pavement in the shadows and cracked open the book and began to read.



"Where is he?!" The red, livid face of Killian Berric was only inches from Major colonel's blank, yet somehow, still frightened own face. "We haven't found him yet. My team is still working." Killian jerked away from the man and stalked to the lab.

He had only just entered when a quiet tapping caught his attention. He turned to the window and stumbled back, his eyes wide.

Titan was standing by the window, wind whistled through a brand new hole in the window, edged with jagged glass.

Before Killian could say anything, android spoke. "The purpose you have given me is impossible. The only way to bring peace to this world would be to kill everyone in it. But I have found another way." Titan stepped towards his creator, holding out the book in his hand. The Holy Bible. "I may not be able to bring peace to this world," the android continued.

"But I can make way for the one who is mightier than all. In the wilderness prepare the way of the Lord; make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be lifted up, and every mountain and hill be made low; the uneven ground shall become level, and the rough places a plain. And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together, for the mouth of the Lord has spoken.”

February 18, 2021 21:25

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Cole Lane
04:16 Apr 11, 2021

Man, I am a huge SciFi fan, thank you for all these stories!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Evan Dowty
11:57 Mar 16, 2021

Wow

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.