0 comments

High School Holiday Happy

        Miyuki is a Japanese girl. She was a high school student who is introvert girl and likes to listen to friends chitchat more than speaking by herself but she is cheerful and easy to smile. She had many friends and she knew Mr. Rabbit at a part time job she worked and she didn’t contact him for a long time. She is cheerful and friendly so they are good acquaintance.

.

Day after day and semester ended this month, Miyuki would be graduated from school next week. It would be organized the prom day party next week on next Saturday. But she didn’t know who would go with. She is nervous. All she thought of is she had only some close friends to chit chat but she had only girls. The theme of this prom party is everlasting friendship.

.

               Lately, on Friday Mr. Rabbit called her after long time no see. He asked her what’s going on with her life. She said to him that she was fine but she worried that she didn’t have whoever went out to the prom day party with. So he said that why wouldn’t it be him. Why not? She said that whether it could be. It’s great. He accepted it because he is free on that day and he would like to say congratulations to her on her success on graduation day.

.

               So on Saturday evening, Miyuki and Mr. Rabbit dressed up well. They look smart and beautiful. Mr. Rabbit came to pick Miyuki up to the prom party. Each one is surprised about how each other looks, new looks on the dressing they do. The makeup on Miyuki and the neat haircut of Mr. Rabbit impressed each other.

.  

               At the party, it is a fun atmosphere. Friends greeted each other and took photos. They chitchatted and were happily talking about each other’s costumes and looks. They talked about their plans for their future after graduation. Some friends wanted to continue studying at the famous university, and some friends wanted to start some business with their family and friends. At the party, there were many food stuffs there at the party. It looked delicious and Miyuki had fun eating with Mr. Rabbit and friends. There were many games and activities such as taking photos, games like musical chairs game, and guessing questions about friends. Miyuki joined all of them after she once never tried these games before because she is introvert but this time, she would like to enjoy. For the last game, it is lucky draw for Miyuki. She and Mr. Rabbit were chosen to sing a song together. They decided to sing a song “That’s what’s friends are for.” They sang together very well and compatible. Here was how the song was performed…

               ꭉꭉ And I never thought I'd feel this way

And as far as I'm concerned

I'm glad I got the chance to say

That I do believe, I love you

And if I should ever go away

Well, then close your eyes and try

To feel the way, we do today

And then if you can remember

Keep smiling, keep shining

Knowing you can always count on me, for sure

That's what friends are for

For good times and bad times

I'll be on your side forever more

That's what friends are for

Well, you came in loving me

And now there's so much more I see

And so by the way

I thank you

Oh and then for the times when we're apart

Well, then close your eyes and know

The words are coming from my heart

And then if you can remember

Keep smiling and keep shining

Knowing you can always count on me, for sure

That's what friends are for

In good times and bad times

I'll be on your side forever more

That's what friends are for

Keep smiling, keep shining

Knowing you can always count on me, for sure

That's what friends are for

For good times and bad times

I'll be on your side forever more

That's what friends are for

Keep smiling, keep shining

Knowing you can always count on me, for sure

Cause I tell you, that's what friends are for

Whoa, good times and the bad times

I'll be on your side forever more

That's what friends are for ꭉꭉ

               And everybody felt the meaning of friendship and give a loud applause.

               They are glad for being impressive.

               Miyuki talked with Mr. Rabbit and her friends a lot and have a great time. They knew each other more and more and felt close to each other. Friends told her that they looked like never be apart for a long time. But it might mean that Miyuki is optimistic and opened her heart to be friend with others. So she would be close to Mr. Rabbit as well as other friends.

               After the party, Mr. Rabbit drove Miyuki home and said to her that he had fun today and if he would call her more often.

               She said “yes, that’s what’s the friends are for, you can call me anytime you need a friend who talked to” And she said “thank you for today, I was happy and had fun too. I hoped we can connect to each other as well.”

               After that day, they always lined and called each other when they needed someone to talk to. It was like the everlasting friendship like the theme of the party. It created the friendship that once they are far apart but it became one again. Sometimes, the feeling that is felt in our heart aren’t shown but it’s real. If we show it, and express it; it might create the real friendship that never ends. So if anyone has someone in your mind who you care about much, don’t hesitate to tell them the feeling. Maybe you might not know that they would be your truly friendship that is forever and they would not be away from you again. Hope you have a good life.  

May 13, 2021 07:39

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.