0 comments

Mystery

Present day  

Kendall was racing against the time to get to him. Rain was parading down on her clothes as she tries to keep her breathe steady. There was only one thing on her mind, Save Jund. She didn’t mean for it to happen. She didn’t want it to happen. She didn’t want him to get hurt and she would try everything in her soul to get to him. To stop him before he makes the biggest mistake in his life. 

Flashback 2 months earlier 

Kendall was walking up the stairs of the towering ancient building called school. She never liked it! It always smelled like old bleach and the people that attended there either had a stick up their butt or were scared of little things like catching the common cold so she associated with no one but the marrow decaying books in her rotten crooked iron locker.  

Kendall walked into the school with a battered decrepit sweater and old jeans that she had found in the trash across the street from her box apartment that she shared with her acholic mother. She wore an old bag that her grandma Lou had given her as a bookbag. It was khaki with an old wooden smell. Not wanting to gain attention she hid her face behind the black hood that connected to her old beat up sweater. As she continued up the stairs, she hears Romana, the queen of Macbennth High, gossiping about a student with fake expensive shoes that Kendall really couldn’t care about. She knew if she stopped for even a second to hear more of the conversation Romana would instantly start a bicker Kendall just didn’t have time for.  

But it happened anyway.  

“Where are you going crazy Kendall? Did you drink or alcohol like your mother?” she squeaked while her human posse snickers loudly at her so-called joke. 

Kendall didn’t want be involve with another fight so she continued on her way not showing the Queen any attention.  

She slid through the doors of Ms. Benson class before Romana could pester her any more than she would allow.  

Kendall makes her way to the back of the unruly classroom before any students could barge in with their horrendous chattering and horse playing.  

Kendall was a closed off person, never getting involve with anyone. Sometimes she would go home and cry because she felt so inhuman and lonely, but she liked it that way. She liked the pain that surge through her veins.  

Kendall grew up with no one but her mother and she’s too drunk to care for her revolting feelings. Her mom would just push her aside saying its teenage hormones and that she would learn that the world is full of hardships. Her mom would continue on with she doesn’t need feelings and that would only slow down the process of gaining control. Kendall didn’t want to understand but soon enough she did. Kendall find people selfishly obnoxious and inhuman shells of darkened souls, so why wasn’t she one.  

Suddenly her thoughts were shooken away by a tall, burnt brown haired boy. He was wearing an orange shirt which happened to be Kendall favorite color, and greyish like jeans with a pair of timberlands. He never looked up as he made his way through isle with staring eyes burning his head. He crudely sat in the empty chair beside Kendall. She looked curiously as he made a loud grunt taking his glasses out and putting them on his frail face. She wondered did he not want to be at this hell either.  

She must had stared to hard because suddenly she met the most evergreen eyes. She hadn’t realized that he had spoken a few words to her so trying to not look insane she stated “Sure.” 

He chuckled saying “I’m pretty sure I asked what’s your name.” 

“Ohhh,” Kendall replied, ”Kendall, what’s your name?” 

“Jund,” he replied, “Soooo.....” 

“I hate school, ”Kendall stated as the class grew loud.  

He chuckled stating, “I have a feeling we’re going to be good friends!” 

“Yea,” Kendall said.  

2 months later 

Kendall has found out that Jund is actually homosexual and she’s found with it. Actually, very proud that she can support someone she calls a friend. Jund is actually swooned by one of their classmates name Michael. To Kendall he’s very sneaky and full of himself. Jund told Kendall that he was going to confess today. Kendall of course supports him but doesn’t really like the decision.  

Kendall is walking towards Mr. Beckett class when she hears Michael and Lewis talking about Jund.  

“I don’t like him, he thinks he better than me, I can feel it. He’s a punk!” yells Michael. 

“Yea me either dude, I think he’s a fag. Can’t stand fags,” Lewis continue. 

Michael laughs saying,” He’s definitely one!” 

Kendall wanted to slap both of them but decided not to, instead she hurries down the stairs trying to find Jund forgetting that he went home early to pick out an outfit. She had to stop him! 

Present day 

Kendall spots Jund outside of Michael’s house. She yells, “Jund, stop...” 

“Kendall,” Jund yells as he sees her, “Did you come to support me?” 

“Jund don’t do this please, I overheard him and Lewis talking about you, I just think it would be better if you just let him go,” Kendall replies as the rain starts to pour heavily.  

“What are you saying? Is he straight?” Jund says as his eyes watered with salty tears. 

“Yes! That’s exactly what I’m saying,” Kendall say as she pulls Jund into a hug as he cries from her words. 

“It’s okay Jund, let’s go to your house and watch movies,” Kendall whispers into Jund ear as she rocks him back and forward. 

“Okay,” Jund whimpers as him and Kendall starts to walk away from his crush’s house. 

Kendall and Jund walks to Jund’s house and have a wonderful night singing, eating ice cream and doing crazy stuff. 

Kendall wonders how Jund has made a big impact on her life and she is forever grateful for him and his outgoing personality. 

 

October 25, 2019 18:07

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.