An odd object...

Written in response to: Write about a person or object vanishing into thin air.... view prompt

0 comments

East Asian Fantasy Mystery

 Oh, you must have seen it? That odd and extremely valuable coffee cup. Made of the finest porcelaine, true to the very core of an object !

Shining, borrowing glitter from the sun that sparkle on it, as it stands on that rare and small pedestal made of marble. Must be a Renaissance kind a´ thing, right! It can, even thought it is an object, tune into the eyes that want to own in. But the cup knows something. Only true eyes can own it, for sure…But – how many?

So if you happen to come by Madame Chi´ s shop – then – there! Ah, such a thing ! And her hands has caressed the cup till it became real and alive. Such are the connaisseurs hands. Down to the element, made of elements from the earth. However. In that shop the cup, although standing parade by itself in the window, feels not at all at ease. See, being an object for human´s gaze makes the cup wishing to turn into something else. Should Mankind understand this? How about you readers? Do you adore an object so much that owning it make you possessed with – whatever!

See, the cup has feelings. The cup wants to be treated with respect. This aura of hers brings a thief-in-waiting to become rude. Somebody wish to steal the cup and sell it on the market. Quick reader! Please give us a solution of how to escape theft! You know you can, don´ t you? Well then! I shall take your suggestions into consideration. As will the cup...for sure!

Of course you may wonder where the cup was made and by whom. Odd question. It is like asking too much of an object. It knows, but is as silent as the pathway to the sky. We cannot ask such a thing. We have to pray and then pray again to the four winds, begging for help.

And you can do so, dear reader. Come on, give it a try!

So for the time being it stands there. Giving room for people to wonder and yet having no clue about its inner sphere of being.

An unpersonal object, how rare! Something beside human affairs, that´s one of the hints we can assume.

See, a cup is beyond politics. And as it is beyond the market of economy we cannot let the story end with theft. Look out, here she is…!

Madame Chi had a sister. Someone not trained in the arts. She was a Realist and wanted things to be things and objects to be objects. She made up her mind. She was going to let people throw the porcelaine object onto the street outside. But it had to be made into a happening. So Shu, Chi´s sister, had this plan in her mind.

One day in the Oxford Paper Press there was an advertisment.

IN ´FOUR WIND´S SHOP` THERE IS GOING TO BE A HAPPENING: A RARE OBJECT IS GOING TO BE DESTROYED BY LETTING ANYONE WHO WISH, BANG THIS OBJECT - A VALUABLE CUP OF FINEST PORCELAINE – ONTO THE PAVEMENT ON 64 RURAL STREET, OXFORD, JUST OPPOSITE TO THE KINGDOM´s COLLEGE...ON THE FIRST DAY OF SEPTEMBER, 2021...signed Mr Oh! Director of Art´ s Guild.

Of course Chi saw the advertisment. Now she thought she was prepared. She rushed to the shop. But found. When coming there, that her keys was gone. Panick! She rushed back home. Searched for the keys. Could not find them. Phoned her sister, talked in a hurry, asked if she had seen the advertisment. Shi calmed her sister down. Said she got the keys. She had everything under control. Said she. Promise! Chi was saved, she felt assured that all was okey. Took a cup of tea. Phoned some other calls. And then - - -

It was that day. On the first day of September. People had gathered outside the shop. Lots of students were there. Mums withh their children. Dads. Some teachers. A bunch of journalists. Curious that day... The happening was to be a big event they thought. It was to be a very special occasion. A kind of Postmodernistic event that had to prove that the new era of Mankind could feel victory over the past. As they stood there looking into the shop the cup looked back. You know it by know. It was a magical cup. It knew human being´s thoughts and intentions. And as it was the truest porcelaine of the best Chinese sort it could talk to the elements. It was of an element itself. Stood there when Shu came strolling, keys in hands. She had dressed up in her best garment. Everybody saw. And she saw. And the cup was awaiting. The cup, see (!), knew the way of Dao. It was a spiritual kind of thing given to it by the four winds on earth. South, West, East and North. The four aspects on the planet. Where things combined things. Where elements joined with elements, if one knew the Dao pathway.

But very seldom did Man knew the true path to cosmos. Still.

Mrs Shu took up her keys. Opened the door to the shop. Suddenly Chi came rushing. She had felt a warning signal coming to her. Figured out her sister´s plan. Shu hurried up. Went inside. Chi after her...

Shu and Chi began fighting about the cup. Shu got it in her hands. Chi tried to grab it. But all at once…

The four winds of earth grabbed the cup. The Eastern wind won the battle of mysticism. The Eastern wind touched the cup, stroke it gently. Got into its pure being and – the cup went into the realm of the seventh sky. It had simple gone up into the air. Vanished gradually and slowly. It was all due to the elements known by the Dao.

You can imagine. Chi and Shu both looked surprised. They did wonder at first. But Chi came to a conclusion. The cup was so spiritual and rare that it surpassed all Mankind´s affair. It could not be owned, no more owned by earthly creatures. No more to be simply gazed as. No more an object of admiration, as the objectivness of the porcelaine had an aura of magic in it.

Science really could not explained what had happend. But as the press was there, they had tried to capture the event. But failed in taking a photo of the vanishing cup.

The crowd of people went back home. The journalists decided to not write about it. And silence of Dao spread at once all over Oxford. It spread its rare tone of an abyss from another realm of wisdom. See, wisdom has to go beyond the mundane life. And for sure, silence always is the sister of wisdom. And silence sometimes let things vanish, to not become dirty by human hands. And that´s it to this story. Just it...Dao perhaps!

August 22, 2021 11:07

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.