1 comment

Fantasy Holiday Lesbian

Fall was in full swing by the time I had carved out some time to go exploring in the new town I had just settled down in. I made my way down the main street of the tiny town feeling a bit silly to be so bundled up as everyone I passed seemed to be decked out in shorts and tank tops, I consoled myself with the thought that I was just not used to the weather yet because as I strolled through the various stores becoming more and more chilled and finally resigned myself to returning to my cozy little house to wait out the cold I stumbled upon a tiny coffee shop seemingly tucked away mostly unseen. Cautiously optimistic I entered and was immediately greeted by a blast of warm air and the thick scent of fresh hot chocolate. I walked up to the counter and waited for the lone employee to notice me, finally she turned around and a brief flash of confusion crossed her face and she looked a bit stunned as she stammered "uh, welcome to coffee magic what can I get you " I looked at the menu board which seemed to be packed with all sorts of oddly named foods and drinks such as bloody blackberrie cheesecake, minty midget green tea and hairy hard cider before setting on the seemingly normal Santa's special blend hot chocolate and a adorable rainbow cupcake , the girl looked at me a bit oddly and asked if I was sure because it was technically a specialty drink and was a bit of a acquired taste , I laughed and reassured her that I loved hot chocolate and always wanted to try new flavors. She seemed to sigh softly and turned to make the drink muttering to herself about how my kind should not able to see that particular menu and how the bosses would definitely blame her for this mess. "Excuse me, what do you mean by MY KIND do you have a problem with gay people " I all but snarled at her when she turned to hand me the drink, the girl squeaked softly and blushed all the way to her slightly pointed ears "oh, no I just uh meant new people since we don't get many people in our tiny town much less in this shop" I huffed taking the drink and moved to sit at one of the small tables by the window and started sipping on my drink feeling a warm almost tingly feeling spread through Fall was in full swing by the time I had carved out some time to go exploring in the new town I had just settled down in. I made my way down the main street of the tiny town feeling a bit silly to be so bundled up as everyone I passed seemed to be decked out in shorts and tank tops, I consoled myself with the thought that I was just not used to the weather yet because as I strolled through the various stores becoming more and more chilled and finally resigned myself to returning to my cozy little house to wait out the cold I stumbled upon a tiny coffee shop seemingly tucked away mostly unseen. Cautiously optimistic I entered and was immediately greeted by a blast of warm air and the thick scent of fresh hot chocolate. I walked up to the counter and waited for the lone employee to notice me, finally she turned around and a brief flash of confusion crossed her face and she looked a bit stunned as she stammered "uh, welcome to coffee magic what can I get you " . I looked at the menu board which seemed to be packed with all sorts of oddly named foods and drinks such as bloody blackberrie cheesecake, minty midget green tea and hairy hard cider before setting on the seemingly normal Santa's special blend hot chocolate and a adorable rainbow cupcake , the girl looked at me a bit oddly and asked if I was sure because it was technically a specialty drink and was a bit of a acquired taste , I laughed and reassured her that I loved hot chocolate and always wanted to try new flavors. She seemed to sigh softly and turned to make the drink muttering to herself about how my kind should not able to see that particular menu and how the bosses would definitely blame her for this mess. "Excuse me, what do you mean by MY KIND do you have a problem with gay people " I all but snarled at her when she turned to hand me the drink, the girl squeaked softly and blushed all the way to her slightly pointed ears "oh, no I just uh meant new people since we don't get many people in our tiny town much less in this shop" I huffed taking the drink and moved to sit at one of the small tables by the window and started sipping on my drink feeling a warm almost tingly feeling spread through my body leaving me feeling sleepy and content. I watched with heavy eyes as the girl came over and gently touched my forehead looking at me with sad eyes "I'm so sorry I should have tried harder and I hope you make it okay " I jerked awake a few hours later in a strange room on the verge of panicking while I looked for a way out . I tiptoed my way to the door trying to be as silent as possible, just as I made it to the door it opened and the girl from the coffee shop entered carrying a tray filled with pastries and two steaming mugs of hot tea "oh good your awake, I was so worried you wouldn't handle the change very well since most humans tend to die, they just don't have enough magic " she gently steered me back to the bed as she said that smiling like any of it made sense "oh god ,I've been drugged and kidnapped by a crazy person who thinks she's a vampire " I muttered sarcastically "Excuse me I am NOT A VAMPIRE I'm a freaking elf and so are you now" she scowled at me like I was the one in the wrong before sitting down in a buff and grabbing a few of the mini cheesecake squares " I know you must be very confused but in my defense I did try to talk you out of it but would you listen nooo because you know everything right , so here's the deal your a elf now complete with pointy ears and all "I scoffed at her and moved over to the mirror staring at a disturbingly similar yet completely foreign face in the mirror. I gently poked one slightly pointed ear and stared at the almost glowing bright silver eyes "what did you do to me" I squeaked "turned you into a immortal sweets loving gay elf"she responded blandly "Now will you please come sit down so I can explain everything to you and we can both go home, some of us have other places to be " I returned to the bed pouting "As you will soon find out this town is teeming with a large chunk of supernatural creatures both good and bad however our numbers have steadily decreased so we got together and decided to artificially increase our numbers by changing a few humans and adding variations to each blood line ,however you shouldn't have been able to see the sign because we had just finished gathering new elf's and it was the leprechauns turn , so for the next few days you will be undergoing observation so that I can ensure that you don't got crazy once your magic starts flowing I've heard it can be quite traumatic and we can find out your base element, which is the element you get most of your magic and power from and then you can be on your way and no one ever has to know" I briefly thought about running away before I settled back down on the bed " can we finish this later I'm really tired and just want to go to bed and pretend this never happened is that good enough for you because to be honest I'm kinda overwhelmed and just need to be be left alone.

October 10, 2020 07:25

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Regina Krieger
00:53 Oct 20, 2020

i like this story....especially when the coffee barista told her that she was now an " immortal sweets loving gay elf"

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.