0 comments

Fiction Sad

A full mannered youth, walking through the rush of the busy buzz city. He was waiting for the upcoming train in the railway station which would take him to the office where he has an interview. An interview which would change his life and will give a 5-9 job for which he was waiting since he was graduated.

He was from the countryside, who had came to the city with a dream in his eyes showing his confidence. He just want to give a comfortable life to his parents but he is always afraid of any unsecured job. It is just because when he was a young child of 5, as his father is and was a farmer had to deal with a great loss. At that time his father was offered by a company to produce grain for them and for producing a lot grain he took a loan but unfortunately that year had gone without rain and all of the grains spoiled up in drought. His father had to sell his half of lands to full fill the loan. Since that day he never ever dream to do such unsecured job.

He always thought that the need for a secured job is just to come to the city and an easy peasy interview to give.

Till the time I conveyed his story to you the train approached. So here we go along with him. He was not so much introduced to the cities.It was his first time travelling in a local train. A rough rocking music going into the ears from the guy sitting next to him. The ticket collector screaming on a passenger for the ticket. He had suffered with all of these cacophony for half an hour.

After having so rough-tought travel he reached the part of the city all full with the high skyscrapers, buildings and big screenings all around. They were enough to attract any one’s eyes and especially him to feel that the place like cities are the twin of heaven. But he is not aware with the black side of the cities. He was just thinking that any person who comes to city gets job and becomes a great business men with a lot of money.

His office was just 100 metres away from the place he was landed in the railway. He was just walking through those charming looking broad lanes. He then noticed a temple he just went near to its gateway and closed his plam to each other, to make his wish true. There he saw what he may never believe, a poor beggar was thrown out of the temple just because he was poor.

He moved on just thinking the poor beggar may have stolen something that's why he was thrown away. He reached to the office, confidently he asked the one of the employee there - “Hi sir, could you tell me where is the room for interview?”

-Employee answered rudely.

He is sad for the first time ever, he is finding himself lonely. After going forth and back on the different stairs he got the office of the building where he is now going to give his interview. He knocked the door and showing his manners he said- “May I come in?”

He walked inside and introduced himself- “Good morning sir, myself Jofer. I have came here as I saw an advertisement on the internet and I had filled the form too.”

“Ok, hello I'm the person who is just going to take your interview.” With a pleasant smile he had answered.

Here's my bio.”he said and gave his file to the manager there.

Great! Excellent marks in the graduation” seeing at Jofer he said “Oh! Your father is a farmer. So, do you ever have thought of helping your father and just become a farmer ?”

“No, because I think that being a farmer anyone have to tolerate great losses also.” He answered.

At hearing his reply he said “Ok, from tomorrow you can join your job which is of an employee.”

“Thank you, sir I will be always be thankful of you for this job.”

He was happy in his way back but still his mind was roaming around his question. While he was travelling back to his hotel room through the train again. “Why he had asked that type of question? And without replying to it he just gave me the job, weird. Hm!!” He mumbled to himself only.

From his hotel he shifted to a rent room which was closer to his office. In the night he just called his parents to give them a summary of today's day.

The next day,

he came in his office. When he came he saw some people gossiping with each other and he just heard “…..see that farmer boy…..” with just a giggling voice. He understood they were pointing him as a poor and a boy from countryside. But his confidence was ineffected. He was doing his work with great passion and hardwork.

………4 days were alike. Sometimes he would notice people were ignoring him. He was missing his house and the animals there were like his mates with whom he enjoyed.

He was very much upset with all of these gossips around. And took a rough decision.

He went to the manger's office with his resignation paper and told him that he is quiting this job.

There the manager had not asked the reason but inspite he said “If you have remembered in interview I have just asked you one question and gave you the job. I would have given you much higher job as you had great marks but your answer proved that you can't take any risk. If you can't take risk the company won't be able to grow”

And at last he added “Ok ! So I think it's our last talk”

Jofer walked out of the office and thought deeply at the manager's reply. He was feeling very much lonely as he loved his parents very much, he decided to just went his village. Backed all of his bags to back along the way on which he came to this city.

He took a train towards his village. While he was in the train he was more paying attention to the ignorance rather than the manager's words. He was so furious about those employees. He thought that being a farmer’s ward a crime or don't I have the right to see dreams.

A train trip of 26 hours led him to his village. His continuous walking legs led him at his front gate of house. He was afraid of the reaction of his parents, he feared as they were very happy about his job but if they will know that he had lost the job …..then……..

He crabbed all of his confidence and knocked the door. His mother appeared in a while and at seeing him the first question was- “Oohh!! My dear you have been so thin . Didn't you got anything to eat in those days”

All of his troubles just got disappeared and its not the first time that he felt reliefed in front of her.

The End !!!!

August 13, 2021 16:32

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.