0 comments

Fiction Fantasy Funny

As a chronicler I have written about planet tellus – earth’s twin – which is about 800 years behind. An important town on tellus is Rubi Isle ruled by a king. One day the king was in audience with his Chief Minister (CM) when the queen joined.

The king said “CM have you any developments to bring to our notice?”

“Yes Sire. Some women have organized a movement termed cover up.”

King said “What is it about?”

“Now our national wear is such that both men and women are covered only waist down. The woman Alima who leads the movement argues that since men and women are built differently waist up  women should cover their top.”

Queen laughed and said “Why are the women suddenly self-conscious? All women have breasts – some large, some small, some medium and so on. These have been on show all these years. What does Alima want to hide?”

CM said “Alima says women should cover up and let men not see the breasts.”

Queen again laughed and said “We decorate breasts with flower garlands and smear them with flower extracts to beautify our breasts and enlarge them for men to appreciate them. I don’t see anything wrong in it. Why cover up?”

CM said “Alima says the practice has to be discontinued. She says breasts should be covered up from male eyes.”

Queen said “I think it is wrong. Women look natural only with breasts uncovered. I would be ashamed to cover these up.”

King said “CM you said there is a law dispute to be settled. Let us leave these stupid breast cover ups and concentrate on work.”

Queen made her exit saying she had other work.

Another day Alima was in the company of a few women who met under a tree. She said “I’m glad you heeded my call and came to hear me. Sisters, we all have breasts. No doubt we are proud of them. We decorate and adorn them for men to see and appreciate. But really a man needs only to see his wife’s breasts. Now men compare what they see. I’m ashamed to hear them talk about breasts. What do they know about breasts? Comparing breasts is now possible as they are on show. That should stop.”

One woman said “I’m Irma. Alima you’re saying that since you’re nominally endowed. Mine are ample and my husband feels proud.”

Alima seemed offended as she countered “Why should a man see or appreciate the breasts of  another woman’s who isn’t his wife? We women don’t see or estimate what men are endowed with. They are covered up as they are ashamed.”

Irma said “I don’t agree with you. God has fitted breasts in women for their pride. My husband adores these. I use flower extracts to smear them and make them shine. I’m indifferent to what is concealed in men’s wear as long as the man is effective in bed.”

Another woman said “My name is Palma. Alima I agree with what you have said. I feel cover up would create an air of mystery about the contents.”

Irma said “It would also deceive. If I’m covered I could’ve stuffed straw to pretend that I’ve larger boobs than what I’ve been endowed with.”

Palma said “What Irma said is true. If we cover up there should be a penalty for falsifying a meager endowment. And remember cover up means a coarse fabric rubbing on our skin and extra trouble for the husband in bed.”

Alima said “That comes later. First we should all unite and say we won’t go bare breasted.”

A woman said “I’m Wizma the official witch and medicine woman. Women have come to me seeking enlargement of their breasts. Some said they had tried pinching and rubbing flower extracts even twice a day. They want to be proud. But these measures don’t work. Child birth improves what has been endowed. But remember, after a certain age they all narrow down and hang to the knees. Nobody notices if you had them at all. Alima should women take the trouble to cover up?”

Alima said “Wizma, you’re right. When all women cover up such defects will be concealed.”

Irma said “By covering up you’re casting an obstacle on access. A man has to fumble with coarse fabric. And he may be in a hurry.  I feel it is a wrong move and should be resisted.”

Wizma said “There is a wishing well near my home. Coins are cast into it with wish to enhance breasts. The well is almost full with coins. See how anxious women are in that regard and you want them to cover up.”

Alima said “I’ve spoken to a lot of women. The majority want the status quo to continue. They said God makes them to be viewed and appreciated. To hell with cover up.”

Wizma spoke up again :”The prime purpose of breast is to feed babies. Why is it none of you have given a thought to that?”

Another woman spoke up and said “I’m Skeema and I produced twins. I wouldn’t want to cover up when the children are hungry. I let my breasts which were dripping to float free providing immediate access to my babies. I also say to hell with cover up.”

Wizma said “They say there is an enchanted pool in a distant land on tellus. Just one dip in its waters and breast enhancement is assured instantly. Those who cheat said they brought the waters from there and doused those who sought enhancement. But it was to no effect. Let me continue. The enchanted pool has also the power to grow breasts in men who dip in its waters.”

Skeema said “I don’t need to bathe in it. I won’t allow my husband to grow breasts. It is my privilege to produce and enjoy my babies suckling their feed. No doubt I share these breasts with my husband and babies but I wouldn’t like to ………”

Wizma said “Skeema you haven’t completed what you wanted to convey.”

Skeema said “Wizma, you want me to say it all I will. I wouldn’t like to play with my husband’s breasts. The very thought repulses me.”

Wizma laughed and said “Since we are all women here I thought I could create a little laughter to relieve the serious talk. You’ve answered well.”

Alima said “Covering up is serious business and there is no scope for any type of levity. We’ve discussed the subject threadbare and the message that comes is clear. Women should cover up. Many I’ve spoken to have agreed with me. But there is still no wide acceptance. It will take time and one day bare breasted women on tellus would only be a memory. It is sure to happen. As they say Rome was not built in a day.”

END

April 24, 2023 06:36

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.