9 comments

Christmas Drama

¨ I always go to the tropics for Christmas! Its Christmas Eve, my family is already there! Let me go!¨ She slammed her hand down on the counter, making a very loud bang.

¨ Ma'am the plane has already taken off. It is very busy here. If you could please let someone else get their tickets, that would be deeply appreciated. There will be a flight leaving for Barbados in an hour, if you would like?¨ I said.

¨ No. I told you what I wanted I wanted to go to Turks and Caicos. You know what, sir? Can I just speak to the manager? Tell him Karen wants to have a chit-chatty, okay?¨

Do I have to? People like Karen are the absolute worst people do deal with. I thought. I turned around, went to the managers office. Which was actually my office, because I am the manager. I stood there in the doorway for a few seconds before I went back to the counter to deal with Karen. I took a deep breath of air and walked back to the crowed counter.

¨ Hello, how many I assist you?¨ I asked.

¨ Yeah, I want a flight to Turks and Caicos, now.¨ Karen demanded.

I looked at the small reception computer. I clicked the button on the mouse for her vacation spot and saw that the only flight for Turks was at 10 p.m and, I checked the clock, it is only 7 pm.

¨" Ok. So, the next, earliest, flight for Turks and Caicos is at 10 p.m. We still have-¨ I began. Karen cut me off.

¨" I will do whatever it takes,¨ she got up real close, and spit in my face, ¨ to get to where I want to go. Even if you like it, or not. Thank you for wasting my time, sir.¨ Karen muttered¨

---

After she left, and gave up, I answered some phone calls, which was Karen. To sum up, she wouldnt leave me alone. Or anyone working here at the airport.

¨ Man, I have a feeling she is going to do whatever she can to get on some stupid flight, ¨ I told my buddy, Jake. He agreed. Jake even said she might fly the plane herself.

I was shocked, I mean, she could possibly try to break into the plane. Unless Karen had some idea of swimming across the ocean. I laughed at my idea. After a long day, it was around 8-8:30. When I saw Karen start to walk through those electric automatic sliding doors, I laughed because the door was shutting as she was walking in. Karen got stuck with all her bags of luggage in hand and was screaming for someone to get her unstuck. I snapped at my worker to help her get out, and she rushed over to help Karen. I mean, I guess I had to pay my worker big bucks to help one woman I hate very much. After unstuck, Karen came to me and gave me a long stare as well as her luggage. I put it on the escalator to go up to the storage for the plane. We didnt talk. Only stared. She knew what she was doing, I could tell. Karen was getting so creepy, I finally stopped staring and looked away. Karen was also wearing this big hideous leopard coat, which is hard to not stare at. I had to bite my lip from laughing in front of her. Finally, I broke the silence.

¨ Did you order new tickets?¨

¨ Yes,¨ Karen muttered.

¨ Alrighty,¨ I said happily, ¨ First class or middle?¨

¨ Obviously first.¨

¨ Okay. I got the tickets and your baggage. The total will be 120.09 dollars.¨ I should have known she was going to fight that price. ¨ Oh wait-¨

She already cut me off. I was starting to explain my correction. ¨ No, I thought it was only 100! Why?¨

¨ Ma ´ am I read my mistake. Yes, it is 100 dollars because you had a problem with your other flight.¨ I let out a sigh at the end.

Karen gave me another stare. Then, she smiled. But not at me. She got a call from her daughter. There was a loud buzzing coming from her large hand purse. Karen pulled out this large neon pink phone with a neon leopard phone case. Hideous, hideous I thought.

---

After I gave the flight time and her tickets back, she actually thanked me. It wasnt a genuine thank you, though. And, to be nice and courteous, I said absolutely, and also did not mean it. Its not my fault that she was late, maybe be on time in the future. An hour or so went by with me just playing the drums with my fingers on the dusty counter. It was time to board the plane. Someone going on the same flight as Karen said that Karen was trying to make problems with the aircrew, arguing that she wanted to be by a window and have the most luxurious seat with the best view. Karen got what she wanted and what she deserved.

--

I cant think of anything else to put. So I will spam with how are you.

HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU HOW ARE YOU

February 26, 2021 16:53

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

9 comments

Whitney Jones
19:35 Feb 26, 2021

So make sure you read over it before you post it afterwards before they accept it. That way it looks good and makes sense. You are missing some spaces and when you said "..No. I told you what I wanted I wanted to go to Turks and Caicos." You made some mistakes. Say something like "..No! I told you what I wanted. I wanted to go to Turks and Caicos." (I hope that looks right). I be having the same problem(it be so hard to get like a 1000 words. Ughh. But anyway...When you said "chit-chatty", #Confused. A conversation? If so just put that. Or a...

Reply

AVAN SHIPECK
21:48 Feb 26, 2021

Thank you! Sorry about the spamming. lol. Thank you for the feedback!! Would you say this one is better than my other story??

Reply

Whitney Jones
00:20 Feb 27, 2021

And you're fine, lol. And you are very welcome. Sorry, I wasn't on Reedsy. Um, I think I liked the other one better, "A Robot for A Best Friend."

Reply

AVAN SHIPECK
00:37 Feb 27, 2021

Oh okay!! Nice!! Ill make sure to try and write some stories like that.!! :)

Reply

Whitney Jones
16:03 Feb 27, 2021

You don't have to do that. Write how you want too. It's your story.

Reply

AVAN SHIPECK
01:18 Mar 01, 2021

Thanks!!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
AVAN SHIPECK
17:08 Mar 12, 2021

Anyone have questions or suggestions? I havent seen any comments in a while!... :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
AVAN SHIPECK
18:52 Feb 26, 2021

This was actually very fun to make. And, no offense, but most people who complain is a Karen. No certain people tho. It gave me a laugh, and i made it ahah!

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.