One Twinkle for No and Two Twinkles for Yes!

Submitted into Contest #51 in response to: Write a story that begins and ends with someone looking up at the stars.... view prompt

0 comments

General

The one thing that always brought her out of her bed into the night was the many stars that twinkled their lights just for her. She could ask them any question that she wanted and they would twinkle their answers to her. One twinkle was a no and two twinkles was a yes, she loved talking to her starry friends who always gave her the answers she was looking for. When she was feeling blue, she would ask questions which they would always answer to her in a positive way.

She remembered asking her starry friends if she would ever find a special man that would want to spend the rest of his life with her forever and together. They would be friends as will as lovers, partners, and mates. They would tell each other everything, they would have no secrets between them. They would be gentle with each other in their love making. They would also be strong enough as a unit to be there for each other, to guide and protect each other.

Her starry friends protected her from going down the wrong path in life. She was thinking about buying, investing in a new business that was starting up in her hometown. She laid on her back and presented her question to a star that seemed to be shining more brightly than all the others. Reminding the star that one twinkle was for no and two twinkles was for yes. Lying there in the grass for what seemed hours ,but in reality it was only a few seconds before the star blinked only once for a no. Once was enough for her to say "NO way!"

The business seemed to be going good when all of a sudden, the people who were running the business couldn't agree with each other on anything. The business seemed to be falling downward as the days went by. Workers were let go as customers stopped coming in to do business with them. Pretty soon, their "open" sign went from being friendly to a cold and uncaring "closed". sign that notified everyone their business went out of business. The two friends who had been best men at each other's weddings were now barely talking to each other.

She had been happy and thankful to her starry friends had directed her on the right path to save her money as well as her reputation. Knowing that her starry friends would always be there for her. Whenever she needed help to understand or wanting simple advice, she knew who to go to and where they would be locate at all times. They would always direct her on the right path for her and her life.

Looking up, one more time before she went into the house to retire for the night. She asked one more question that was trying to burn a path from her brain to her mouth. She wanted to know if she would ever find a true love, a special man that would want to spend time with her, would want to protect her, guide her, and spoil her beyond belief. She wanted to know if Mr. Right would come into her life and claim her as his friend mate, lover, and wife.

Watching as her faithful starry friends blinked twice at the same time as if they were shouting a big yes to her. Her starry friends were teling her to get ready for her heart to fall head over heels in love with that special man who wants to be number one in her life, who wants to spoil her, and mostly who wants to ask her to marry him for the rest of their lives.

As she went on with her life, she noticed that she was in a good mood which had humming of a certain song also. The song sounded like a song that she had heard a few times. Nothing that was very important to her ,but when she heard the song, excitement seemed to go with it. She was extremely happy and nervous whenever the song seemed to be stuck in her brain, waiting to be let loose. A feeling of strong love and contentment seemed to come hand in hand with the song.

Their eyes were the first things to touch on each other. She had a feeling of being comfortable and trusted with this man. Watching as he noticed she was giving him the once over, he smiled at her which made her feel more trusting, more comfortable, more aroused than she had ever felt before. Dark black hair with a touch of white in it's lengths and pale pink lips that could be soft enough to kiss any woman's problems away. Demanding at the same time as being soft enough to let the woman lead the way to how deep and passionate that she wanted the kiss to be. It was like his lips were saying "Show me the way you want to go and I will follow." Demanding enough that he would also express his own feelings.

She smiled friendly as her brown eyes covered the rest of his body. From the tips of his dark hair, past two broad shoulders that she could rest her head on when she felt either bashful or wanted a good cry. His chest was wide, arms that were strong enough to protect someone he love ,but gentle enough to cuddle a baby in their depths. Slim waist led downward to long, graceful legs that could lead the way either to the dance floor or to their bed. As she watched him, she knew deep down that she wouldn't object to be lead to either. One would be more private than the other and how she would feel at this given moment, one would be a place she wouldn't argue about going to, to be cuddled next to him.

His ame was Douglas Lee Caper and he was a hunk. She couldn't keep her eyes off of him and when he talked to other women, she felt stabs of pain They seemed to be bumping into each other almost every day, every hour. Going to a community dance on Thursday and out to eat with her friends on Friday, she would look up to see him standing there off to the one side watching her, smiling at her. Why hadn't he ever come over to talk to her? To as her out on a date on Saturday night?

Saturday night came and she found herself sitting alone under the stars. Wishing that someone would soon be there to wrap their strong arms around her and to softly whisper little nothing into her ear. She sensed his presene before she turned around to see him standing only inhes away from her. Patting the blanket on the ground, she watched as he walked over to sit beside her. His one hand came up to catch her soft chin to gaze into her loving eyes, and started his downward progress to lie capture to her lips.

Excitement ran through her body as their lips parted and he smiled that sly grin of his. He knew that he had found the special lady that could feel that empty spot in his heart. They would explore mountain tops together without even leaving the blanket. But for tonight he would be content to lie back on the blanket and just look at the mighty power of the stars above. They would be snuggled together to watch the show that only the starts could put on for them. The stars were many million miles away ,but it felt like he could just reach up to grab one to give it to his special lady.

July 25, 2020 03:41

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.