7 comments

Kids

I reminded myself again and again that the stone bed on which I was seated was most comfortable bed thought no effect it still pained me when I splet, no chance of sleep on floor its worst then the bed though mad up of same material but mosquitoes would travel as if there land of food the room had no window just a small opening high enought to reach by only giraffe, it's been just 1 month and I am the only one this entire andaman cellular jail,and far at a corner stood a pot of water above brown stand water tickling down making sound like bomb drop in night time there is silence ,no not just silence but a killing one the room did not have any door or any opening to go out or I did not find any they brought me here when I was unconscious. Only food they served was at morning and evening rest of the day was just nothing to do at this killed my brain entirely and soon I would have been transferd to mental hospital until one day

I came to know about another person living side of my cell they were no guards at all patrolling around not once I had seen them I came to know that night I heard someone crying a soft sob first I got panicked and started to pray to god but then it became clear I asked him loudly through wall, what's your name?not confined about answer he said ,rohit and then silence for long time and I could not think of any question I tried to sleep back. Next night I said aloud,Rohit how come you ended up here? No response. Tell about yourself came a voice ,ok I said. My full name prakash Sharma age 45 got myself into some dirty things which was to do something about politics and they turned me into a mureder and after what had happen I had come from a very poor family which does not have any permanent shelter rather I we this kind people does not have difference between animals and humans we survive like animals and eats some insects which you are not aware of .Now tell me about you?As you know said same voice That my name is rohit and I come from middle class family a respected one out my passion and worke I created my own company and worked hard for it but one day a issue rose of buying land for company for which the farmers protested first I did not understand this because we took all legal steps and had made sign on the papers and we did not force them and I personally made the payments and they were happy about that. But by help local politicians they challenged for court and by this my company's employees and other investors left my company in become tsunami in which my ship would sink they did not believed after many trials and many depressed night I was brought upto this place.Ohh! I said that's far enough my boy I became criminal because of my own anger and the way the people treat us in very street some people takes disadvantage of our situation and after works done they simple through us as they did with me they used us like a rotten rats which does not have any right to survive.

Rohit laughed at this and said do you know prakash I feel more better than that place were I was being tortured and hated myself here it's peace and slicence and a friend like you. Hey hey hey.....do not go mad my friend the cell is affecting your brain do you no one thing I said with a pause that I do not have any name I am nameless this was given by people who betrayed me for more greed ,It seems life it's so petty for us no one around to care nor to even look after but at some point it's seems good we should have that strength within us ,right?Yes said rohit .did you have girlfriend, I spoked .yes but she left at instance she knew he would not earn nothing when my company was declining .I felt sorry about him at this young age he had suffered at lot .

As the day and night passed on we became a good friends and bonding grew stronger though there was presence of wall it did not affected us I thought same would work for life to .I have not seen rohit face I can truly understand his feelings. One night we spoked about what kind of our like people did this things and ended up this way would they become hating government system and people around them or in worst case terrorists .Rohit said do you know in this world there would have no terrorist at all if each government of this world had worked sincerely they had made there own enemies . Right I said being in the cell more than two years had taught me lot of things it changed my next life course after 10 years

I helped myself to make coffee and then sat of comfortable armchair I and rohit started our own movies making company after that terrible trouble and had made our best of life he is still single and he would be single lifetime .I cannot work now from outside I just help him form inside .We leave in Romania now enjoying everything what life has to provide us though still some people suspect us to do crimes but it doesnot matter now.We remembered same conversion between us on one afternoon rohit spoked ,what I think is whatever people we met in life has something to offer us but we should always greet them with happiness and love so as to keep only us happy .good one rohit, I said in cheerful way And however turns terrorist will end up hating them instead whatever situation we face you should never give up .On that evening we came to country side and climbed mountain I did it first time got glimpse of sunset and at full night sky we watched different shooting star as if saying, to us thank you for everything and we simply smiled.

May 05, 2020 08:26

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

7 comments

Zea Bowman
18:16 May 12, 2020

I loved this story! It was intriguing from beginning to end. I loved how descriptive and entertaining it was! There were quite a few grammar mistakes, but grammarly could fix that (run-on sentences, missing periods, commas and quotations, spaces in between sentences, etc.).Any chance you could stop by and give me feedback on my story, "Come Quietly" and like it if you enjoyed it? If so, thanks so much! If not, it's all good. Anyway, I look forward to reading more of your stories. Good luck!

Reply

08:54 May 13, 2020

Oh ,thanks for the reply and a advisce .I would definitely read the story of our's and can you say about how to improve the grammar, thank's

Reply

Zea Bowman
12:28 May 13, 2020

Sure! Okay, so.... Dialogue: Make sure you end with a comma, exclamation point, or question mark inside of the quotations. Example: "I've always wanted to go there," she said. You can end with a period inside of the quotations as long as that ends your sentence. Example: She fidgeted with the trinket for a little, then finally said, "It's more than I could have asked for." Run-ons: These happen when two independent clauses are not joined correctly (an independent clause is a group of words that can stand alone as a sentence). Exam...

Reply

14:26 May 13, 2020

Thank's ,for the help . I understood everything you said. I w'll surely make change's

Reply

Show 0 replies
14:26 May 13, 2020

Thank's ,for the help . I understood everything you said. I w'll surely make change's

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Laurentz Baker
21:29 May 11, 2020

It's always good to have stories to remind us Prathamesh. The past does not have to dictate your future.

Reply

08:55 May 13, 2020

Thank you for reply ,yes past has no right on future but play's a great part

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.