100 comments

Funny Creative Nonfiction

    The piece of kelp was nothing more than a piece of kelp. It was a kelp color,  kelp shaped, and had a kelp personality. There was nothing else to describe it. Just kelp. 

    On this particular day, the piece of kelp got washed away from its stem. The ocean was quite mad on this day. Unfortunately, the ocean spotted this particular piece of kelp and banished it from the ocean. 

    The kelp flew through the sea, wondering what was going to happen to it on this particular day. 

    Finally, the piece of kelp was thrown onto something smooth. Does this piece if kelp have eyes? Well, that's for you to say. The kelp had landed on something slippery and smooth. The piece of kelp could do nothing more than stay on the smooth, slippery thing. 

        But before long, the smooth, slippery thing dove underwater, but the piece of kelp couldn’t go underwater. It stayed, floating on the surface, wondering what was going to happen to it. 

    A pelican came. A pelican with its big, bulging beak full of fish scooped the piece of kelp up. The kelp was greeted by wriggling fish. Fish attempting to escape the mouth-prision. The piece of kelp calmly waited in the beak, not panicking. Before long, the pelican came to a stop. It opened its beak to pour out its contaminants to its children. The baby pelicans squawked and wailed for food.

    One fish gone, two fish gone. The mother pelican glanced at the kelp, realizing she’d picked it up. Honking, she ignored the piece of kelp and proceeded to feed her children. 

    The mother pelican flew off once more, in search of more food for two fish wouldn’t be enough for four little pelican children. 

    A furry, small creature picked the piece of kelp up. For its nest. The furry creature scampered over pebbles as it carried the piece of kelp in its mouth.

    On this particular day, the particular piece of kelp was lined in a furry creature’s nest and left there.

    The piece of kelp was starting to feel thirsty.

    It wanted water. 

    It wasn’t yet in need of it, but it’d like some water. 

    The piece of kelp was lifted by the wind and softly carried water. Where to? That’s for you to decide. 

    The piece of kelp was dropped into the churning waves of a storm. The ocean was quite angry at a few sailors for killing a dolphin. 

    The piece of kelp floated up and over the waves. Such a fun roller coaster ride, except add in the sound of thunder rumbling in the sky and rain pounding against you.

    The piece of kelp heard the splash of a sailor falling into the ocean. Quite satisfied with itself, the ocean stopped the storm. Sun broke through the gloomy clouds.

    The piece of kelp was tossed around, the waves playing catch. You might think a piece of kelp couldn’t get sea-sick, oh, might you be wrong. The piece of kelp wasn’t feeling so good after a couple of throws. It promptly retched into the ocean. At once, the waves stopped playing and grew still. 

    The piece of kelp was picked up by a fish. A silvery fish. A small, silvery fish that attempted to take the piece of kelp underwater for food, but it didn’t work. The piece of kelp was banished from the ocean and that was that. 

    The fish left the piece of kelp alone with irritation. 

    The piece of kelp was quite happy.

    A seagull flew near the ocean, it’s wings touching the water. It was calling loudly, it’s wings flapping quickly. Didn’t the seagull hear the shark coming? Perhaps if the seagull was quieter, it would’ve. But life is life. The seagull was gone in a chomp. 

    The piece of kelp was of course facing the ocean, not the sky. The piece of kelp could only see the murkiness of the water. Dark shadows swimming. 

    Why couldn’t the piece of kelp couldn’t do anything, until another wave hit it and it surfaced on an island. It was quite a small island, but it was lively. The scuttle of crabs feet, the rustling of palm trees, every single chirp was the sound of love.

    The piece of kelping smiled, if a kelp could smile. Could a piece of kelp smile? That’s for you to decide.

    The tired sun was coming to a rest, it needed rest too. The moon was rising, taking the night-shift. 

    Bioluminescent animals glowed in the ocean, illuminating it into an underwater party. 

    But the piece of kelp didn’t want to be underwater, had it realized now. It didn’t want to be trapped, it wanted to be free, to be able to breath.

    The piece of kelp was laying on its back, staring up at the sky. The ombre of red, orange and yellow which was fading to blue, purple, and black.

    Twinkling stars were coming out. Twinkling stars. Bright stars that contained the spirits of many, many brave sea creatures. The piece of kelp wanted nothing more than to be up with the stars, to be a brave piece of kelp.

    But could a piece of kelp be brave?

    Could a piece of kelp become a shining star that you’d look up to everyday?

    That's for you to decide.

    The piece of kelp sighed. The sun was completely gone, resting, sleeping, allowing the moon to take the shift, allowing the moon to take over the job. 

    The piece of kelp saw the bright, full, moon, and the stars. Quiet, but beautiful. 

    Perhaps a piece of kelp couldn’t do that. Perhaps a piece of kelp couldn’t become brave on this particular day. Perhaps, just perhaps, the piece of kelp was just a piece of kelp. Nothing more than a piece of kelp. 

    The piece of kelp, still staring at the sky, sighed once more. Not an annoyed or sad sigh, but a sigh of relief. 

    The piece of kelp was a piece of kelp.

    Nothing more but a starry piece of kelp. 

March 06, 2021 03:03

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

100 comments

I can't edit the story anymore >:{ WHY

Reply

Show 0 replies

Notes: ♪ This story was rushed ♪ If it's bad, please say so. ♪ I wrote this story in half an hour so... ♪ Hope you enjoyed! ♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

Reply

Show 0 replies
14:11 Mar 06, 2021

WOW! Only half an hour for 1000+ words! I'm stunned. Also, can you please upvote me?

Reply

18:19 Mar 06, 2021

Thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
04:03 Mar 10, 2021

New thread?

Reply

B. W.
17:25 Mar 10, 2021

So how are ya doing?

Reply

I'm doing fine-stuck in school right now :( You?

Reply

B. W.
18:52 Mar 10, 2021

I guess I'm fine but a little bored :/

Reply

you don't have school? Lucky!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Radhika Diksha
05:02 Mar 06, 2021

LONE WOLF IS LEAVING REEDSY, SHE IS GOING.

Reply

Radhika Diksha
17:46 Mar 06, 2021

Yes, go check her bio.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Writer Maniac
04:59 Mar 06, 2021

Aww, this story was so sweet! You are so creative, to have written over 1000 words about a piece of kelp! It was really adorable, great job!

Reply

Yes, kelp indeeed.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
TJ Squared
21:09 Mar 10, 2021

wow! This was very well written and I love that little piece of kelp! It was a great perspective and a new change. SO AWESOME! that little kelp made my day!

Reply

Thank you so much! Kelp + Wolf = Kolf XD

Reply

TJ Squared
22:17 Mar 10, 2021

okay then...Kolf it is XDD

Reply

Yayyyy! Kolff! Kolff! Kolffff!

Reply

TJ Squared
22:25 Mar 10, 2021

XDDDD I guess I should add that to the list of names people call me XD

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
00:28 Mar 07, 2021

I'M MOONWATCHER TOO

Reply

YESS MOONWATCHER ALL THE WAYYY

Reply

11:17 Mar 08, 2021

MOONWATCHERRRRRRRR *Spoiler alert for non-obsessed fans who didn't read the sixth one a trillion and four times* Is it weird that Morrowseer's her dad and he was the fake prophet?

Reply

MOOONWATCHERRRRRRRRR AND YES I HAVE READ IT A TRILLLION & FOUR TIMESSS AND YES IT IS WEIRDDDDD

Reply

23:02 Mar 08, 2021

YESSSS

Reply

YESSSSS x1000

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
00:27 Mar 07, 2021

To write about a piece of kelp and still touch my soul is a wonderful gift. keep writing!

Reply

Thank you kind sir

Reply

11:18 Mar 08, 2021

I'm a girl, actually, but thank you anyways :)

Reply

I know but I like calling people kind sir, :)

Reply

23:02 Mar 08, 2021

It's fun!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
14:56 Mar 06, 2021

I applaud your creativity. You wrote at least 1k words about KELP. In half an hour! Wow. This story made me laugh quite a bit, too. I loved the part where the kelp got seasick (is that even scientifically possible? Idk. Either way it was cool). MINOR ERRORS POLICE, OPEN UP! *smashes door* 'It didn’t want to be trapped, it wanted to be free, to be able to breath.' --> '[...] to be able to breathe.' I loved this story! Great job! :)

Reply

Thank youuuu *glances at broken door* Well, i have to get that fixed XD

Reply

17:16 Mar 06, 2021

Yw! :) XDDD

Reply

17:16 Mar 06, 2021

Would you mind giving feedback on my latest story?

Reply

Yes ma'am even though my feed back sucksss

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
14:18 Mar 14, 2021

Heyyy

Reply

Hiya! Whats your favorite breakfast/ the best breakfast you tried/want?

Reply

B. W.
16:41 Mar 14, 2021

I don't really have a favorite breakfast, I'll really eat anything for it. Especially Pizza and stuff.

Reply

For breakfast? Wonderful choice. I love crepes, donuts, french toast, cinnamon rolls.

Reply

B. W.
19:46 Mar 14, 2021

Also, I officially started writing the novel :D

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Felicity Anne
23:41 Mar 12, 2021

Hey Blxxii!! I read your bio. :) ☆

Reply

Show 0 replies
Ari Berri
23:30 Mar 12, 2021

New story!

Reply

Finally! :D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Palak Shah
23:03 Mar 12, 2021

Great story I love the way its written and it has given me a new perspective. Could you please read my latest story and upvote me if possible. Thanks :))

Reply

Show 0 replies
Maya -
20:31 Mar 12, 2021

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME A...

Reply

Show 0 replies

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME A...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
01:37 Mar 11, 2021

hi!

Reply

Heyaaaa! I love your motivational/asthetic pfp! Hows it going?

Reply

02:05 Mar 11, 2021

Thanks! It's going good, finished a lot of unfinished things today XD What about you? Are you writing anything?

Reply

Mhm! I'm writing a story with reedsy characters. For my next one, can I include you?

Reply

03:01 Mar 11, 2021

Ooh cool! :D cAn yOu? That would be super niceeee :D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
21:58 Mar 10, 2021

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Reply

Show 0 replies

BWNWBW@WB#ELIHN@EIHNLEKJN:SIOXNKWDBKJNBWDKJJDCKLD IM A LEADER WJNSEJWNJNKDWJN:LEJN (You should add yourself in!!! <3 Thanks so much!!!!!!)

Reply

HWUDJEIFKJDMKJGNFDIWEJDRHNFDIENRFJDKJMFDKEDRFIJDEIRFJCMDD YESHHH YOU ARE ZE LEADERRR (Then it'd be too many characters, I'm fine but thanks <3)

Reply

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW (<3)

Reply

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖 (;3)

Reply

I CANT WAIT FOR IT KW:IDHWEJUBGHBHB#WHBRFHL :DDDDDD

Reply

YESS IM WORKING ON It RIGHT NOW YOUR SHOWING B.W (B as her name for the story) AROUND THE BUNKERR

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
18:18 Mar 10, 2021

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆...

Reply

Show 0 replies

Cute story, Blxxii! The personification of the kelp, ocean, sun, moon, and other parts of nature was really creative. This was a unique take on the prompt but it fit well. The story flowed well and the imagery you used to set the ocean scene was great. As far as suggestions, just a few corrections: "Does this piece if kelp have eyes?" 'if' should be 'of' I think. "It opened its beak to pour out its contaminants to its children." Maybe you meant 'contents', I'm not sure. "The piece of kelp saw the bright, full, moon, and the stars." shou...

Reply

Yeee tank you so much! One problemooo, i can't edit it anymore :(

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.