Night is never eternal (A story dedicated to Abigail Cross, the sky dragon)

Written in response to: Write about a character who has landed their dream job, only to discover it isn’t quite what they imagined it to be.... view prompt

13 comments

Inspirational

*This is a story I've dedicated to Abigail Cross, my Sister through the Father. I do not not know you nor your life, but I know, because Christ loves you, I do too.*


You are not alone.

You are loved.

I'm here for you.

That's what everyone says, but you don't feel like it's true.

You are crushed by the pressure of your own mind.

Fear gripping your heart, the frozen claws of death tear into you.

The ocean of doubt chokes you, tear the light, the laughter from your life.

The black waters rush in through your mouth and you can't breath, can't think. Panic sears you, your hands scramble for purchase on the edge of a cliff. You need to scream, call for help, but the waters are drowning you.

Your eyes are closed as you give into your mind, your doubt, but if you open your eyes, you'll see The Father is watching you with tears in his eyes. His little girl is suffering and He is offering his hand to you, His arms for you to crawl into and there, only there, you can find Peace.

The water drains away, the sun rises and melts the darkness, the mountains and beasts made of fear and doubt, they all fade away as the Light strike them down.


White light gleams on the ground, wet with the past rain of the storm.

Laughter echoes through a valley. Now the way is clear. The night is gone, the dawn has come. The Father holds His daughter's hand, your hand, guiding you gently on the right path. His voice is a soft whisper in your ear as you breaks the surface of the water and many hands reach down to pull you up, into the Sky, into the Light, into the Dawn.

And there, bathed in the golden light, you fly to the Son, and The Father, where you rest, forever in their arms.

Night may fall again, but the Son always rises again.

Night is never eternal.

Dawn will rise, the Light will find you again. You just have to want it, to seek it, to open your eyes and see there are so many people who want you, who love you, and they will lift you from the dark.

August 27, 2021 15:19

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

13 comments

TJ Squared
02:14 Nov 13, 2021

That’s very veryyyyyy swell imagery right there <3

Reply

Creed .
14:37 Nov 13, 2021

Yeah, it came right from God, through me, to Abbie.

Reply

TJ Squared
14:41 Nov 13, 2021

Yeah <3

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Charli Britton
15:33 Sep 11, 2021

So I was just going to like this story and move on, but then I read your bio and I decided I better actually read it. Can I just say Im very glad that I did? It was very poetic and well written. Good Job and I hope to read more of your stuff in the future, but I can't commit to this long series you have going, however wonderful it might be. I just don't have the time. :(

Reply

Creed .
16:35 Sep 11, 2021

Thank you for stopping to actually read the story, thank you for your kind words! I understand that you can't commit to such a long series, it's okay!

Reply

Charli Britton
00:35 Sep 12, 2021

I will def. look for more stand-alones!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Unknown User
02:03 Aug 31, 2021

<removed by user>

Reply

Unknown User
02:03 Aug 31, 2021

<removed by user>

Reply

Unknown User
02:03 Aug 31, 2021

<removed by user>

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Unknown User
15:28 Aug 27, 2021

<removed by user>

Reply

Creed .
15:40 Aug 27, 2021

Don't thank me, I think those words came from your Father, just through me. I just wish I could come give you a hug in real life. This story is my virtual hug to you!

Reply

Unknown User
15:51 Aug 27, 2021

<removed by user>

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.