3 comments

Christmas Romance Happy

Author's Note: I incorporated famous poems in my latest work. Enjoy!

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in

my heart)i am never without it(anywhere

i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done

by only me is your doing, my darling)

i fear

no fate(for you are my fate, my sweet)i want

no world(for beautiful you are my world, my true)

and it’s you are whatever a moon has always meant

and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows

(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud

and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows

higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)

and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) – E.E. Cummings

I cannot imagine my life without you.

You are my world, my all, my everything.

I am memorized by your ethereal beauty, your prowess, your charm.”

Snowflakes twinkled in the moonlight as Sara twirled around the ice rink, carefree. She and her beau, Andrew, had spent four years as a couple so far. In the fourth year, they moved in together. For the most part, life was good. They each worked in separate careers but could still come home to each other.

You are the reason I rise up from my slumber each and every day.

I go about my day, imagining your crinkled little nose, resting on your pillow, as I watch your chest quietly rise and fall with each breath.

You look so peaceful.”

Andrew has one sibling and Sara is an only child. He was enamored with her from day one. She enjoyed his kindness and honesty. Andrew didn't have any past horrible relationships because he was able to let things flow along and had patience. Sara's past relationships were decent except for one, where she was made to choose in a hasty fashion. She left that scenario with the help of friends.

Then one day while browsing the garden section, she reached out the grab a brilliant red rose bush. She felt resistance and looked up. A gentleman who she would get to know was reaching for the same rose bush. He picks it up and walks over to her and places in her shopping cart. Then, they walk along side around the store. Before going on their separate ways, they exchanged phone numbers.

I will see you again.

You amaze me.

You will always be with me.”

Andrew and Sara were inseparable, calling and texting each other while apart. But in their free time, they were glued at the hip. They enjoyed cooking together, going to the movie theater, reading aloud to one another, and taking road trips. Sara didn't want her relationship with Andrew to end. Neither did he. Sometimes she had to pinch herself to come back to reality. “Yep! Everything's still great.” as she reminded herself, and returned an amorous smile to him.

I promise to be by your side as your confidant and your protector.

When in doubt, I will acquire assistance to help us through tough times.

I love you, Baby, I really do.”

Sara glides over to the side of the rink, and carefully steps off the ice. She sits down to remove her skates. As she gathered up her belongings, Sara heard her phone chime. She swipes upward and sees a message from Andrew. She races home and flings the door open. While catching her breath, she looks around their apartment. Where was Andrew? She walks around the corner to the kitchen and finds Andrew awaiting her with two flutes of champagne. They salute one another and take a sip. Sara sets her flute down on the counter. She then notices an object in the bottom and peers into the flute to take a closer look. A ring? Sara takes a few more sips then tilts the flute to retrieve the object. Yes, Andrew had slipped in a diamond engagement ring in her champagne flute. She got teary eyed and hugged him. He closes the deal by getting down on one knee.

Will you accept this ring has a symbol of our love?”

She replied with a yes and planted a long kiss on his lips.

They spend the next couple of years, making plans and getting to know each other further. She is all about coordinating the big day by deciding on the flowers, the cake, the attendants, and most of all….the dress! He has never seen a woman so focused like Sara is. However, she lets Andrew help her on some of the planning. After all, she cannot go at it alone because a one person wedding would not make sense and she adores him.

Andrew and Sara's wedding is to take place around the week of Christmas to symbolize their engagement. The sanctuary will be adorned in roses of various shades of red, along with baby's breath and feather leaf ferns. Satin bunting will swoop the pews. White luminaries will lead the way to the alter as spectators watch the union of Andrew and Sara.

Sara sneaks off with a couple of girl friends so she can try on dresses. After trying on some examples and having a glass of bubbly, she is torn between a low cut, V neckline with a tulip shaped bodice and a free flowing pastel Greek Goddess style silk crepe dress. But she does know right off that she does not want a dress train. While at the bridal shop, one of Sara's girl friends mentions wedding hairstyles. To veil or not to veil poses another choice of Sara.

Later on as they continue planning, the budding couple visit some bake shops to sample flavors and see the various styles. They agree on a tiered arrangement of angel food cupcakes with a light, fluffy frosting.

Anxiety of the big day grows amongst the happy couple. As each of their loved ones remind them to take one day at a time because they have their whole life ahead of them.

Love is the house of God and you are living in that house.” 5. “This is love: to fly toward a secret, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. - Rumi

December 20, 2020 21:10

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

I loved the poems you included in this story! Lovely job! :)

Reply

Writers Block
16:36 Dec 27, 2020

Thank you! I figured it may sum up the story or give food for thought

Reply

You did a great job doing it! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.