Blair Kimora

Submitted into Contest #51 in response to: Write about someone who has a superpower.... view prompt

10 comments

Fantasy

                  Chapter One 

             Midnight

The cold harsh midnight breeze seemed to have slapped my face. As if were saying: “You shouldn’t be out here at dark!!”. But of course, I didn’t listen. Then my ears heard a booming voice coming from the cavern. It sounds as two men were bargaining. “Look here oldtimer! 50 gold pieces for the labors. You’ll never get a better offer than this!” I walked to the nearby window of the cavern. It looked abandoned…

“But sir I-”

“Not gonna give them up are you?”

Then I heard large feet bang on the floor. By the sound it seemed to be a ol wooden floor. It creaked to hold the man’s body

I rubbed the window gently so it wouldn’t make a sound. And OH. MY. GOD. His face had burn marks all over it. He wore little skulls on his pants He wore pants made of Tiger skins and some small animal gut smeared on it. His hair seemed to have bathed in blood from The red color that left a stream of color down his back. He wore a hat that was a bear’s head. His hands were massive and they started to clench and curl into fists. He was the one who called the old man an oldtimer.

I couldn’t help. I ran with my high rubber boots toward the rusting metal nails that held the splintering wooden door together. The Tiger skinned man held the old man’s collar. Yelling at him. I tugged on the handle. The men turned around. The poor old man had streams of tears coming from his eyes. He looked so helpless. The tiger man looked terrible. His left eye was white. And his Right eye had little patches of white too. His nails had fungus digging into the old man’s collar bone. His white shirt was turning red from all the blood. The tiger man let go of the Oldtimer and came to the door. He said something to the old man and walked to the door as he watched me frantically trying to open the door.

Chapter Two

  A Recognition

He opened the door gently surprisingly. “Here to protect your grandpa? Cause it won’t happen again. I won’t let him,” He turned his head when he said that. He turned his head back with a bone-cracking sound. “You’re not gonna leave are you?” His eyes widened. 

“When you let him go I will leave.”

“Not happening kid.” he laughed

His teeth were silver and gold. Nasty with cavities and holes and fungus everywhere. I think he saw me flinch.

“Oh ya the teeth. Nice right?”

He opened them so I can see them again. I looked away. Eww.

He laughed.

“Look. I don’t have time for this right now. It’s wrong to do this Tiger man-”

“The name’s Draven, Draven Joaquin. What’s yours?”

I didn’t wanna tell him my real name but it just kinda rolled off my tongue.

“Blair Kimora.”

I looked away when I said that.

“Cool. So why ya here?”

I looked him right in the eyes.

“I need to buy something.”

I pushed the man out of the way and marched up to the old man. He seemed terrified. When Draven wasn’t looking I told the old man my plan to save the family sitting in the corner labeled labors. After I told him everything. I started to run the plan.

“150 gold pieces for the “labors” old man.”

I said it loud so Draven could hear. I didn’t feel comfortable calling them labors so I said it but I did quotes behind my back.

Draven marched to the counter eyeing me.

“So your here for them too.”

“Ya, so what?”

I tried to act cool like the plan needs to run. I looked in his fading blind eyes when I said that. They seemed to have pain and misery written in them. His Family was gone. Friends gone. Everyone was gone. Someone was hurting him. Someone is making him behave this way. Like it was his destiny to suffer. I feel bad but I can’t just let him have the family. Since he has been through the pain and misery, does he want everyone else to feel the same?

“Okay look Draven, I’m sorry. I know you’ve been through a lot…”

“Wait. Blair. Blair Kimora. Your Atlas’s daughter!”

“Ya, I know. I know what your gonna say.”

               Chapter Three

 A Royal

“I can’t believe it!! I’M TALKING TO A ROYAL!!”

“Shhh!!” I scolded him.

“Zhu Kimora. Here when you need me.”

He bowed respectfully.

Before he could look again I used my powers to get a portal into my room. This was too much. I really Should have stayed home like my mother, Atlas Kimura, has always told me too. I didn’t want people to call me “Zhu Kimora.” It meant Master Kimora. My mother used to be a teacher and that’s why they called her Zhu Kimura. My father was a wise man. He was the greatest Master anyone could ever find in anything. He knew what would happen to him. And instead of getting forced away, he left himself. The only time I let my powers out and became a monster to everyone was when my father left and all the villagers started to point their fingers at me and my mother. I went into the state of Bad me. Fierce. I get dreams about my self. looking at me. All the people I hurt. All the innocent people that suffered because of me. My mother said she was like me when she was younger. Not knowing how to be. Not knowing how to act. Not knowing how to fullfill her duties. Like me. She didn’t know have to be a Queen….And I don’t know how to be a Princess. I can’t save anyone if my reputation dosen’t change. My father told me In the future I will have to unleash my powers and know how to control them. I need to know have to save people in the Kimora State that are innocent and whom to forgive. I wish he didn’t leave. He was my greatest master. But he had to go. It was all so sudden...too hard to take in. I slide the rubber boots off my feet and put it beside the shoe rack. “What a day.......” I mumbled to myself as I fell on to my bed and fell asleep.

Chapter Three

 Destiny

"Blair....Blair!" A Man's voice called. "Why are you so peaceful when you have a whole world to recover from the Devil Lord??"

"I'm sorry father. I failed. I don't know my purpose. I don't know how to fulfill my duties."

"Blair...I've kept something from you... you're a powerful princess. You can take in a whole lighting bolt of energy without getting hurt. Your the only one to know all magic. You unleash powerful magic with your emotions. You will meet masters on your way as your powers need to strengthen. You need to awake Zhao Kimora. You are the worlds only hope. Your name is Blair Zhao Kimora. You need to go to Kimishu. No one should know your real Identity. You will meet a couple of friends on your destiny. They are your guides. I will send you my Dragon of the west as your vehicle. You must rise........."

I wake up with beads of sweat dripping from me. OH. MY. GOD. This meant I"M THE ZHAO WARRIOR!! Suddenly I heard knocks on my window. Kids about my age. Their was a girl and a boy. And a..A DRAGON BEHIND THEM!! So this is me. My destiny. My REAL destiny. I ripped the sheets of me and headed out bear footed. The tattoos I had on me glew white. The boy and girl were watching me. The boy had a look that read. "I've seen better." And the Girl had a look that was like mine. Suprise. Bewildered. The tattoos stopped glowing and I walked towards them.

"Hi I'm-"

"Blair!" The girl yelled

"Yes. I think we should start going to Kimishu. There's trouble there." I said.

We started walking to the dragon. It had tattoos too. Like mine.

I climbed onto the head of the dragon as my friends were behind me. The dragon's tattoos lit up and then stopped glowing again. I tugged the reins and we took off to the night sky.

July 17, 2020 17:22

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

10 comments

12:16 Aug 21, 2020

Wow, this was awesome! I love how you write it in parts and I ADORE THE NAME KIMORA. Like, ADORE it. So I was soooo happy when I saw the name! Anyways, great job, and keep writing! ~Aerin P. S. Would you mind checking out my story, “Just Give Him a Second Chance”? It’s actually a mystery, which I read you enjoy in your bio...thanks! P. S. S. YESSS I LOVE AVATAR! I finished it a couple weeks ago, so now my sister and I are watching The Legend of Korra—you know, the spin-off, with Aang in his next life? It’s awesome. Have you watched it?

Reply

Arushi Ramayanam
23:28 Jan 22, 2021

Yes, I have watched Korra! By the way, thank you for commenting! your very kind! I really wish that they'd make more Avatar though. I LOVE AVATAR TOO!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Deborah Angevin
12:24 Jul 31, 2020

A well-written story which flowed really well! I enjoyed reading it :D Would you mind checking my recent story out, "A Very, Very Dark Green"? Thank you!

Reply

Arushi Ramayanam
01:20 Aug 01, 2020

I would love to read it!! Thank you so much for the feedback, Deborah. I look forward to seeing more of your writing pieces!!

Reply

Arushi Ramayanam
01:21 Aug 01, 2020

I also love how your title book names are colors. I love that thought process!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Keerththan 😀
06:55 Jul 29, 2020

Smooth flow of the story. Great job! Well written. Would you mind reading my story "The secret of power?"

Reply

Arushi Ramayanam
14:06 Aug 04, 2020

I would love to check out your story! Thank you for your kind denunciations!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Arushi Ramayanam
15:56 Jul 26, 2020

Thank you, Nandan for your feedback. I do want to make it a novel. This is on of my other stories. Unfinished though. Chapter 1 Locked I was held prisoner.. They placed me in a cold room between two tight walls ready to devour me with three choices. A knife, wood weaved basket with a white cloth on top and a gun. “You must choose.” The voice was stern with anticipation. It sounded like a lady’s voice. I lowered my head and took a step on the stone-cold floor. I looked up and took a deep breath. This decides your life Callie I thou...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Nandan Prasad
15:12 Jul 26, 2020

Great story! It flowed smoothly along till the end. Maybe you could consider expanding this into a novel. Very well-written! Also, please do check out my stories if it is not too much trouble? Thanks and good luck!

Reply

Arushi Ramayanam
15:57 Jul 26, 2020

I will make sure to check out your stories as well!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.