0 comments

Adventure Fantasy

The sea was quite. Last night bad-tempered storm was like a lie. A sheet of cloth that has a red whale was hovering in the blue sky. Black leather boots stabbed the fence of the ship. Arms stretched and the eye sneaked to the hole of golden telescope. On the other side of the telescope, the shell shaped island was visible. It is a beautiful. Green and violet color mixed to form a unique scene of nature, the smell of perfumed Lavender, the murmur of grass and trees. "At last, we are here boys." Eyes glowed with fire stared at the peaceful island. 

The center of shell island, "Anything Market"

A sharp shining metal fell on thick wood and cut it to fine edge two pieces. "This is great Louie. Thank you. If I go all around the island I won't find a fine blacksmith like you." The man handed the black stained hand three gold coins. "This is too much, Mr. Douglas!" hesitated and uncertain low voice." The last one is for you boy, you did me a great job here. Take it. You deserve it Louie" an ear-to-ear smile drawn on the exhausted pale face. "Thank you" Louie's lavender eyes said. 

A giant hand snatched the three gold coin from Louie's dirty hand. "Hey!" Louie shouted. "This is my money, I believe" a plus sized, muscular with a big green bread man stood still in front of the tiny and skinny Louie "But I earned that money," Louie protested. The man sent a terrifying gaze to Louie who stepped back and gulped his saliva. The man's lip went up and showed his front broken teeth 

"That is right. You don't take any money from anyone, kid. I feed you and you repay me that is your job" he then left the workshop and Louie stood their sending a hatred digger to the man's back.

Louie expelled heavy air from his lungs, and sat down on sidewalk next to a "Limon bar". He stared at the people. Gorgeous suits, fluffy shawls, sparkling jewelry, "hey let's go there and have fun", "Daddy I want some chocolate bars", kiss on cheeks, laughs and beautiful day for everyone. Louie stared at his dirty hand. At the threads coming out from his trousers, slots were here and there in his jacket that was too much for 16 years boy, he was glad he didn't have a mirror to look at his face. He lowered his head and took those heavy airs back to his lungs again. No parents, no house and no money. A lone poor dog.  

"You looking for StarTear you said?" Loud voice came from the bar. 

StarTear, the name itself was treasure. The drop shaped violet diamond. It gives the wealth to the one who own it. Louie jumped and looked inside the bar.  

Bloody wavy hair. She was giving her back to his vision and there were three more other people around her. Two women and one man. One of the women had sliver hair tied in ponytail and hooked nose. The other one was a girl maybe around his age. Short blonde hair and rounded face but oh, her blue eyes were dangerous for the hearts of men. The man was tall, black hair and had brawny arms. He had fine face that for sure girls could kill for that face. 

However, it seemed to be that the leader of the pack is the red head women. She was still talking to the bar tender who seemed to be entertaining himself by having a talk with her. "Look miss, I don't know where is the treasure you are looking for," the bar tender passed a glass to her, "Many pirates had come here in past, and believe me they didn't left anything. They searched every inch on the island. Nothing. Nothing came out." He refilled the glass of the man, "In my guess the rumors of the StarTear hidden in this island is just a lie. Nobody found the actual map." He said. The red head nodded. 

"Why is this the Crimson Rouge?" oversized body, black filthy long hair, one-eyed man approached the pack. Louie felt a lump in his throat; he never forgot that ugly face. Logan, the beast. He touched his throat and old image popped in his shivering mind. Logan had his blade on Louie's throat two years ago. After he sharpened Logan's sword, he said "Let me see if it is really cut" and he gripped him, pressed his sword blade on his throat. Louie shook his head. 

Logan showed his rotten teeth. "SO Rouge you still looking for that ridiculous StarTear treasure?" he giggled and that wasn't sound pleasant at all, as two rusty metal snagged each other. Rouge turned back. Blood stained eyes, white silkily skin and her lips was red as she soaked some blood. Louie stepped forward until his face adhered to the glass of the window. 

"How adorable of you Logan. Checking on me. I am touched" Rouge hand over chest, and the blonde girl, giggled.  

"Do not you have business to do else where Logan?" the man crossed his arm and stood in front of Logan. He was tiny compared to Logan, but for some reason Louie saw him big in his eyes.

"Move Royse! I am talking to Rouge!" Logan roared. "And I don't want to talk to you Logan" Rouge crossed her legs and lighted a cigar, "See Logan, if we begin to turn over tables and make bang, our unpleasant friends will rush, eh? You know them royal coast guards." She puffed giant grey smoke, "let's be friends here. I have my own business and you have your own, okay?" she smiled. Louie unconsciously smiled with her. Logan pointed at Rouge "I am watching you" and he left them.

 Louie slid to his spot. He was smiling. His heart was dancing for what, he did not know. He looked up then bounced making cat hiss. Royse was looking at him. Louie stepped back until his back hit the window, gasped for air "I…I …" searching in the dictionary for a quick reply. 

"Come inside. Captain wants to see you," Royse said. Louie's eyes turned into two dots. 

 She pulled that cigar in pleasure. "You were watching us Kid" a smoke covered Louie's face; he coughed and looked around him. The others where just starring at him with poker faces. Louie rubbed his hands, looked again to the pack faces and yet poker faces. " I am Jenny" the blonde girl reached her hand, maybe she was a pirate but she was taking good care of herself. Louie pulled back his hand inside his pocket. "Do not worry. Here" she said and spit on her hand. "I have a dirty hand now, peace shake". Rouge blasted in laugh, "Did you see that Royse, She is filthy one I told ya" she hit Royse shoulder who seemed not bothering about it. "We are not going to eat you kid" Royse leaned forward to Louie, "we just need a little help" he scanned Rouge who was pulling another smoke, Royse sighted. "You should tell him by yourself Rouge." He crossed his arm. 

"Okay …" Rouge put out the cigar then straighten herself up "May you give us a hand young man?" Jenny blasted in laugh this time "Cap you are like those weirdo high class ladies. You need a dead bird's feature and you would be perfect." She was amused; Royse put his hand over his mouth trying not to make a laugh. "Ya shut your mouth Jenny," Rouge pointed at Jenny. Jenny bowed to Rouge "Yes your highness" she said with a throaty voice, Rouge dropped her jaws "You little RAT!" she shouted and stood up from her chair, a chase begin between the two. Louie did not how to act, yell for help or just sit and listen to their unexpected act.

 Royse put his hand on his head and sighted "Here is the thing Kid. We want you to show us some places on the island. You know we cannot lurking around with no host. We are pirates". In Shell Island, pirates can visit bars outside the main city, but they cannot go inside the city without any escort. And by the mean of escort, a person who would take responsibility if something goes wrong. 

"You want me be your HOST?" said Louie

"Yeah, of course with benefits" Royse waved his hand"100gold. That is sound fair to me" he smiled. Louie entered thinking mode. "Make it 300" Louie glared at Royse, he laugh nose "You are trying to negotiate with pirates. Do you know who we are?". 

 The name of Rouge was known, who dose not know about Bloody Rouge, the captain of the Crimson Whale ship. She and her crew were among the deadly pirates. Louie washed that fact from his head as if he was cleaning a dirt from a dish. He wanted the Gold, no time for shaking legs and cold sweat, if he wanted to get rid from his greedy boss, he must take risk, even that mean he gave a hand to pirates, and maybe get himself killed. 

"300 and I am not stepping back" he tried to hold his guts but it was as if holding into a straw in stormy day, at least for him. Royse showed his white teeth. "I liked that Kid" he turned to cat and mouse. "Hey Captain, the kid said he wants 300 gold. What do you say?" Rouge stopped.

 "DEAL!" 

 The central memorial park: 

The central memorial park was a huge circle with a fountain in the middle. 

"Wow, it is huge," said Rouge looking around the spacious park. 

"Yeah, like your butt Cap " sound of slap, "OUCH!" Jenny put her hand behind her head "I was praising you" she commented. 

"That is not what my brain processed it RAT" Rouge yelled, "Your brain is stinky" Jenny replied. Rouge took a silent moment, seemed to be thinking of something "What is stinky?" she asked, Jenny rolled her eyes 

"like the Rotten fish you found under your bed"

"You calling my head a rotten!" Rouge fist settled on fire. 

"Are you sure she is your Captain?" Louie looked at Royse, he scratched the back of his head "Unfortunately, I'm positive she is" 

"Just let us done with this Captain," the hooknose woman said in a bossy voice. "We will. Do not be so hasty Silvia" Rouge hit another slap on the back of Jenny's head. 

"Now, where is left?" said Rouge. Louie tilted his head "That way?" he replied pointing to the left road. 

"Then let us go there" she strode a head to the left direction.

West side, 

It was as your flesh nose attacked by sharp needles and stuck in there for long time. Rotten banana piles, piece of sandwich left in the lunch box for over than month this was the smell of the sewerage. And the bubbles came from the under water puffing violet small smokes. They were here for more than three hours. 

"Are you sure it is here, Rouge? "Royse was covering his nose with his bandana.

"Stop complaining, house keeper!" Jenny yelled from somewhere in sewerage and giggled. 

"Exactly! Keep digging!" Rouge yelled. 

 "You mean keep diving " Royse puffed heavy air from his lungs. 

"This is not going anywhere" Silvia kicked the water which splashed to Jenny, "Hey! This is my new pants!" she shouted.

"Are you sure about this Rouge?" Silvia said ignoring Jenny.

"Keep digging, you fools! Or I will cut your HEADS off!" Rouge was irritated. For first time, in her voice and moves there were not any squandering and idiocy, her moves was fast, eyes looked carefully at every inch of the filthy sewerage, any item she gets checked three times before threw it. She was in madness. 

"Why she is so irritated?" Louie approached to Jenny. 

"Captain's legacy" Jenny hissed.

"Legacy? What the StarTear? A blot of blue stroked Louie.

"Yeah, Captain's predecessors were merchants. They brought it here and hide it…somewhere in this garbage" Jenny looked around. 

"So is that how she got the map?" Louie asked.

"Her father gave it to her," Royse said, "She is a different one in her rich family. When she made her choice to be pirate, they dismembered her, but her father gave her StarTear map to her before he dies." Royse explained.

 "He gave her the legacy of Carmine merchant."

"Carmine merchants? ." said Louie.

"They were bashed from the island long time." He widened his eyes. 

"Yeah, but they built another empire in another place," Royse replied.

"That lunatic left all that heaven for this" Jenny motioned to the sewerage, Rouge sneezed.

Louie stared at Rouge's back. She was determined. She had every thing but chose to be a pirate. Everything in her was in fire, even her heart. Louie clenched his fist. Hot, heart begun to play rhythm and blood was dancing. Did Louie felt of this before? No, he just wanted to be freed from that ugly blacksmith and never thought about getting in his real steel. 

Rouge tossed an item, a grip held her arm and she glared at Louie.

"What?" she asked in irritated voice.

"Could you show me the map?" Louie's eyes glowed, Rouge reached her gaze closed to him "NO" she spelled the two litters in heavy and slow motion.

"Just one peak. Maybe you missed something" Louie dipped his fingers to her arm. "You have a death wish Kid" she put her hand to the handle of her gun. "Just show the kid, Captain. He knows the island" Royse said, Rouge glared at him, a volcano ready to explode, " He has a point Cap" Jenny put her finger in hole of her nose, "damn, I did not clean my hands yet " she threw up. 

Rouge looked on Louie. He was not going to let that hand off her arm and he was welling to die to see the map. 

"Here!" Rouge handed the map. Quickly Louie opened the map. " SEE! Right there. This is the park and the arrow is on the left see!" Rouge pointed on the red arrow marked with star. 

"You reading it upside down," Louie flipped the map. Every one glared at Rouge with narrow eyes, she looked up and whistled.

"This is indicating to the right. So to the East "he said 

"Alright! Let us head to there then" Rouge strode, "The most terrifying place in Shell Island" Louie said in slow, Rouge paused and every one stood still in their places. 

East cave

"I will stay here. Watch your backs," said Silvia. 

"Okay, Let's go" Rouge waved to Jenny and Louie.

 The darkness of the cave was dipping on their bones. "Say Cap, why you send Royse back to the ship?" Jenny asked.

"To bring the kid his money, Rat," she yelled. 

After some time passed, Jenny screamed. Louie and Rogue turned in terror, "Gosh, it is human skull. Look! Cool!" Jenny showed them the skull she had on her hand. They said nothing just narrowed their eyes. 

"Look! A light! Over there!" Jenny pointed at the corner of the cave.  

"WE MADE IT" Rouge rushed to the light and Jenny followed her," Wait!" Louie screamed, but they did not listen. He rushed behind them. 

When they turned the corner, Rouge paused and the two bumped behind each other, "WHAT THE HELL. Cap why did you stop?" Jenny rubbed her nose as well as Louie did. They looked over Rouge. They froze. 

Flesh pinkish long rope like figure, dome size head and two yellow eyes.

 "AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" the three screamed.

"AAAAAAAAAH" the giant Octopus screamed like a ten years old girl. 

"Kill it Cap " Jenny yelled. Rouge pulled her gun. "Wait! Wait!" the octopus waved its tentacles in the air.

"It talks" Louie shouted, "You are DEAD" Rouge screamed and fired her gun. It missed. "Not again! Your stinky aiming!" Jenny yelled. 

 "Wait for god sake " the octopus screamed while it covered its face," you are Carmines' right?" it was shivering. 

Rouge, Jenny and Louie popped a Question marks, " YEAH" replied Rouge. 

"Oh! Finally someone came!" the octopus puffed relieved air. "Here take your treasure and leave me alone for god sake. And tell the others not to come here anymore. I'm done with all guarding thing" he pulled a chest from under his big belly and handed it to Rouge. 

Rouge opened it quickly," What is this?" she yelled and pulled a piece of rolled old paper. "It is another map, Lady." The octopus replied. 

"Where is my StarTear?" she yelled.

 "YOU GET YOUR ASS FROM HERE!" the full volume voice that came from the octopus, forced the three to flee from that spot.

When they got outside. They heard a familiar voice.

"Well, well, Rouge we meet again" Logan said smiling .

"What?" Rouge looked at him while trying to catch her breath. 

"Silvia you double crossed us!" Jenny yelled and tried to jump on her but Louie gripped her waist. 

"Hand it over, Rouge," said Silvia with confident and evil smile.

"You Fool, Silvia." Rouge laughed 

Louie dropped his jaw when he witnessed the whole pack of Crimson Whale pirates were surrounding them and Logan's pirates.

"You send Royse for back up!" Silvia yelled. Logan kicked the ground "damn you Rouge"

"Royse, I've an idea. Take them inside the cave! "Rouge pointed with her thumb to the cave.

"Eye Eye captain "Royse answered and ordered the pirates to lead them inside the cave. 

"HERE your money Kid" Rouge handed Louie a heavy bag.

Louie stared at the bag "Could we change the deal, I want to join you" fixed his gaze at Rouge surprised face. 

"Well, welcome aboard kid" she smiled and her Crimson hair waved with the wind.  

November 12, 2020 16:08

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.