3 comments

Creative Nonfiction Fantasy Inspirational



Waiting in line for our turn into the elevator, I constantly check Ally's mood. Since she is not feeling great, I start exploring options. After all, she is my most important significant other, my soulmate, my Angel and it is my only concern to do my best for her well-being. Ally is getting old, brave and generous as she is, I can see she is in worse shape every day. Her back feet are getting insecure and standing up looks really painful, but she never complains. She is in my life for 13 years now, since she was just a dumb puppy. Grew up to be this huge and majestic German Shepherd that made my life complete. Living alone in the Big City, having my personal guard watching my back and selecting my friends with a very critical sense I always trusted, I've always felt safe and blessed. So, when I heard about this new place, I didn't hesitate and saved a spot for me and Ally.

Ally is not a normal dog, I was in a very bad place when I toke her home. Deep in depression after so many things changed my life in such a short time. My first love left me for my best friend. So I left my hometown, moved far away from everybody I knew to a place where all I had was my self and time to think. And thinking at a young age, when you have little to relate to, not much experience and not enough emotional and spiritual support often leads to deep depression. You can’t see the end of it by yourself. You need a light, a candle, a guide, an angel. So God sent me sweet Ally. She was all this and more. She grew up unusually big, with a soft, loving and mature nature. My wondering soul was saved by her presence. She taught me so much about kindness, non-verbal communication, telepathy and empathy.

The elevator came and it was time for us to go. Turn out it is more like a supersonic teleportation device. It doesn't seem to be connected in any material way to the final destination, but we got there really soon. I can't tell how much it took because time suspended its existence once we step into the transportation device. The elevator opened its doors, we stepped out and it disappeared. Not before I paid the fee. As I understand, there is always a price to pay.

We arrived on SIRIUS 22 Project, part of an extended research developed by ASGARDIA, The Space Nation. SIRIUS 22 is an interplanetary space station, as large as small continent, covered with a dome designed to preserve life's optimal conditions. This place looks like life on Earth, except it is plate and build with all the spaceships technology humankind possess. It is meant to copy and improve life as we know it. An experimental alternative to our mother planet. The reason we are here is the engineered gravity force. It is set to a very comfortable level that helps body feel so light. Everything looks and feels like a very nice neighborhood, with parks and trees and ground-level white houses along the quiet traffic-free streets. You can feel on your skin the perfect temperature and a very soft artificial breeze. The place is sunny and bright just the right amount and walking around brings so much joy into my soul. You can feel your body standing, it's not like you gonna start floating around like in these videos from spaceships but no bone in your body is going to feel the pressure or the pain. Ally is taking her first steps very sceptic and caution just like every time when she experiences new things. Soon she realized the pain is gone. The walking is effortless. She wags its tail, looks at me with that wise and cheerful face that I know and love so much and she starts running around the trees, chasing squirrel.

I notice there are people living in these cute white houses. A mid-age lady, dressed in white approached me. She is average-looking, a bit overweight and I smile thinking she must be feeling so light in this low gravity place. It seems she oversees who is allowed to come and stay. She shows me my new bedroom/place to stay and also indicates the price to pay for the facility. I let her know I had already paid for the transportation but of course, this was a different service. So I let her choose from the money I carry while I apologize I never asked what is the currency in this new place. Looks like Euro and Dollars works just fine. It's official now, Ally is a citizen of a pain-free space nation and I am as happy as a human can be.

I wake up in my bed, down here, I hear Ally’s deep sigh in her sleep as she lays next to my bed. She is in pain. Later this day I decided to call for a pet ambulance. We go to the nearest vet hospital and as I pay for the transportation, my attention is caught by an average-looking lady, mid-age, a bit overweight, dressed in white. She turns out to be the lady doctor. As she instructs me to sign the forms and pay the dues before she accepts Ally for investigations and surgery, I wonder if I am still dreaming or I’ve gone crazy. Different dimensions collated and I am stuck somewhere in between. The lady doctor came back to me in a few hours just to let me know Ally is not to be saved and she is not going to come home with me ever again. This was her last travel. She was now on her way to SIRIUS, without me. But at least I know she will soon be fine and pain-free, chasing squirrels in that perfect place, with a perfect breeze and perfect gravity. And soon, we will meet again.





February 25, 2022 16:21

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

Graham Kinross
13:08 Oct 12, 2022

This is good. Breaking up the big paragraphs with some dialogue would help to elevate it. Some interesting ideas in here. Poor dog, off to a version of doggy heaven I’d not imagined before.

Reply

Cassandra Chi
19:26 Oct 15, 2022

Funny thing. This is real. I did had this realistic dream and experience. So yes, the ideas are origial and coming straight from astral. Thank you so much for reading and taking the time to write your thoughts. My second post is also a true story. I use writing as a form of exorcism.

Reply

Graham Kinross
23:29 Oct 15, 2022

I’ll have a look.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.