2 comments

General

Cindi Cassidy

Diary: My stolen identity changed me forever. It resulted in a new perspective, to live in the present. Speaking to my first grade class, I share my dream of owning my own home. A blue house with a red door. I ask the class to draw a picture of their favorite thing. After school, I meet my boyfriend at the house on Elm St. At the viewing I see possibilities, my boyfriend Seth sees lots of work. We go to the local diner and I call Blue Ridge Realty to set up an appointment for tomorrow. I call to schedule a substitute teacher so I can put legs and paper work to my dream. This is my first entry in my journal, the first step to realizing my dream.

Cindi Cassidy

Diary: Initially, on my first appointment, I am introduced to Connie Moles, the secretary. Connie compliments the skirt I am wearing. I tell her Chloe's Closet as I hand her a manila folder containing my personal information. Another sunny day is the first glimpse of a storm brewing. As I come in from work, Seth has been painting the kitchen, bathroom, and the main hallway a light blue in color. I am thrilled about the progress so far. Seth offers to pay for pizza when I ask if that sounds good. I say I will use my debit card and when the pizza delivery guy tries to run it through his little machine, my card is rejected so I had to pay in cash.

Connie Moles

This is my first diary ever and using someone's identity isn't really all that bad. As I was growing up, there was five of us kids. We never had money for anything extra and mom made our clothes. Today, leaving the realty company I work for, knowing if I worked there for the next twenty years I would never have nice things like other people that come into this business. I drop into Chloe's Closet and see the paisley print in blue, purple, and black. I speak to the cashier, try to use my credit card and it is denied twice. I was in such a hurry to leave work earlier today that I slipped the manila folder of copies of Cindi Cassidy's personal information. I ask the cashier if we can use this number from this card. I tell her my name is Cindi Cassidy, and the charge of $53.00 is no longer an obstacle. Next activity is going to the Department of Motor Vehicles to report a lost driver's license. The evening before I had colored my hair, LOREAL chestnut. A brown color that borders between light and medium color depth and has strong orange-red undertones. Now, I look like her, and I am wearing clothing exactly like hers.

Connie Moles

My routine has been to drive every weekend to 500 Morning Glory Circle. Today, Seth and Cindi are playfully tending their flower and vegetable gardens. I drove over here straight from the Nissan dealership. The car salesman commended me or rather Cindi Cassidy for impeccable credit. The suv is the same make, model, and orange in color. Tomorrow, I think I will go by Four Seasons jewelry store and have a look to find some sets of earrings and necklaces. I might look for a necklace that spells out CINDI for myself. I would like to find turquoise rings, bracelets, earrings,, and necklaces. This is so awesome having money, and not having to have a budget.

Connie Moles

Thousand Oaks condominiums proved to be the perfect location for me. A new building featuring these amenities: a large pool, a fitness room, gated controlled access, a dog park, access to shopping centers, live outdoor concerts. Restaurants catering from Italian to Chinese foods. Walking trails at nearby Bays Mountain Park. As if this isn't enough, maid service is free. This living space is leased as a yearly contract.

Cindi Cassidy

Debit card declined again at the grocery store. Embarrassed I left my food cart by the cashier. I wasn't planning to but I would go by the bank, put a stop on any spending, apply for new charge cards. It mattered that this not happen anymore. As a teacher, I am paid once a month. Fortunate for me, I am a homebody and I like it that way. At the police department I had been told that canceling cards would probably be all that was necessary to do in this situation. I contacted a private investigator. We met at Mc Callister's and while we dined on a turkey sub sandwich and iced tea. I learned that up to 10,000,000 citizens fall prey to identity theft each year talking with this detective. Sheila Akers. private investigator invites me to go to Washington, D.C. and speak about my circumstances to the Senate. The pain was real, I felt violated.

Connie Moles

" This kind of life a girl could get used to." I sat in the living room in my pajamas, admiring my manicure and pedicure. The shopping channel continuously showed delightful items for the home. I have completed my bedroom suite in fine satin linens. I have a completely new wardrobe of the latest styles. I have a plasma television to watch movies. Ulta and Bare Minerals make-up to wear. I have scheduled plastic surgery to look more like the person I am obsessing over.

Cindi Cassidy

Connie Moles was arrested while I was still in Washington, D.C. She requested that I meet with her. I choose to meet my adversary when the court trial reached a conclusion. My lawyer explained to me, that since Connie Moles used my name for all her purchases. I was picked up and arrested, given an orange jumpsuit to wear. At serious risk of losing my job as an elementary school teacher, I sat in my cell, in despair. As the court date approached, the judge reminded both of us that life was unfair, for me to look at life more positively and this obsession that Connie Moles had over me was a high form of flattery. In Washington, D.C., I was able to speak before the senate telling them I felt broken, my good reputation and name had been taken from me. Connie Moles was sentenced to two years in prison and would receive professional counseling.

Cindi Cassidy

I agreed to meet Connie Moles, with my attorney present. She did most of the talking. She voiced her opinion that this ordeal wasn't really that bad was it? She reached out and wanted to touch my hair. My attorney called an end to our meeting. Not all dreams are meant to last forever. Seth and I married in an outdoor wedding at the bridge crossing Royal Gorge with close friends and family. The beautiful setting was an incredible sunrise lighting up our first day as husband and wife. We worked a few months in renovating my dream home, selling it to a nice young couple like ourselves. We enjoy camping, there ius so much to see in Colorado: Royal Gorge as well as Mesa Verde National Park, with cave drawings inside the mountainside caverns. Colorado Springs is our home base camp. It is a popular destination for tourists seeking scenery, rock formations and other unique geological features. Pike's Peak is 14,115 ft, is a time traveling adventure. My name changed from Cindi Cassidy to Mrs. Seth Sutherland. "Make the most of every day."


W



April 11, 2020 00:38

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

19:21 Apr 17, 2020

I like that you put both their perspectives in there! And I love the line "I see possibilities, my boyfriend Seth sees lots of work"

Reply

21:37 Apr 18, 2020

Thank-you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.